Who would you ship out?

stozo

Forget the talk of a new manager, lets talk about the players. Who do you think realistically should be shipped out this summer. My list would be:

Babayaro - Not good enough and is very injury prone. As soon as we bring a new LB in I'd ship him out.

Bramble - Completely and utterly useless. I'll be fuming if we renew his contract

Moore - Not good enough + getting old = No new contract

Onyewu - Not been particularly good and we can get better

Zog - Don't know what has happened to him but he has been useless all season and will only decrease in value the longer we keep him

Dyer - Massive wages and has consistantly failed us in the big games. Also he has no position, Milner is better on the right, he'd be like 4/5th choice striker and he won't get a start in centre midfield. If we can get £5 million I'd get shot.

Emre - His free kicks and corners are piss poor and he is not the cultured creative midfielder some make him out to be. He can have 10 mins of a game where he is brilliant but then he'll have 20 mins where he gives the ball away and won't track back and that often costs us dearly.

Narrowly escaping the chop are - Carr, Butt, Duff and Sibierski.

Guest Stephen927

Without thinking about replacements, I'd happily see the back of:

Luque

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Onyewu

Butt?  ???

He's been decent for us this season but he must be 31/32 and can't have many more seasons left in him. If we got a decent bid I think it should be seriously considered.

Firstly:

Bramble, Gooch, Moore, Dyer, Emre, Sibierski

Bramble, Gooch, Moore are obvious. Dyer, waste of space, doesnt care anymore and produces next to nothing anyway. Emre, dont know what he actually does, theres many much better ACM we could have. Rather have Carroll as our 4th choice than Sib.

Then if replacements found

Carr, Babayaro, Duff.

I dont think Carr and Baba are good enough, but i cant see us signing 3x CBs, 2x LBs and 1xRB in summer, so i'd stick with them as replacements. I'd probably stick with Duff, as a backup to Zoggy, but if the money comes in, i'd take it.

I'd also be willing to listen to offers for Butt, Parker, Harper, Ameobi, Owen, Zoggy...

Guest triggy99

out:

ramage

huntington

babayaro

carr

bramble

dyer

emre

luque

gooch

moore

in:

distin

brown

campbell

riquelme

and more sub defenders

Just Luque, Moore and Onyewu.

We need Luque off the wage bill, he just isn't suitable for either a rigid formation or Premiership football.

Moore doesn't want to stay, so he should go. He's a good backup, but we cant keep those who don't want to.

We'd have to pay £3m for Onyewu, and judging on performances, that wouldn't be money well spent.

I'd keep the rest, we shouldn't be depleting the squad, we should be strengthening it.

I'd only keep Carr because of his new found ability to cover at LB. He wouldn't be my starting RB but I think he'd be decent as a backup for both RB and LB.

I'd like us to be:

RB: Solano, *New

LB: *New, *New

CB: *New, *New, Taylor, Ramage, Hunty, Edgar

RW: Milner, *New

LW: Zoggy, *New

CM: Butt, *New, Parker, *New

ST: Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Carroll

That means 9 new signings, which aint gonna happen, hence i would be willing to keep Carr, Baba, Duff as back ups.

I'd only keep Carr because of his new found ability to cover at LB. He wouldn't be my starting RB but I think he'd be decent as a backup for both RB and LB.

I don't think it's a case of him being particularly good at left back, just the fact he's perhaps got a bit of confidence & fitness back.

You'd get a far better idea of how fecking rapidly the quality of the squad has plummeted by asking who we'd keep - Given, Solano, Taylor, Milner, Emre, Butt, N'Zogbia, Owen and Martins.  All the rest can go find employment in the lower leagues. 

Guest smoggeordie

'LOL-tastic'? Have a word.

LOLalicious :lol:

http://www.stuckiniowa.com/img/uploads/roflcopter7.gif

:lol: