Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

Not sure whether to hope he has or hasn't signed a pre-contract with us.

On one hand if he has signed then it is a good new addition for us and he is tied down but on the other hand if he was coming because of Roeder it will be very awkward for him now with a new manager.

Guest mishka17

if it's true, than it will be wise for Sidwell to wait untill the next manager will be announced

hasn't signed a pre-contract with us.

He couldn't of signed a pre-contract for us as future free agents can not sign pre-contracts with other clubs who are from the same nation as that players current club.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Chelsea and Liverpool were intrested, but he is correct in thinking he would have more chance of 1st team football with us.

Not good enough, regardless of who the manager is.

Think I have to disagree. From what I have seen of him he looks like a more effective version of Parker. We are far from being good enough for Sidwell not to be a good option on a free!

Chelsea and Liverpool were intrested, but he is correct in thinking he would have more chance of 1st team football with us.

Even my mom would have a chance at this club

Not good enough, regardless of who the manager is.

Think I have to disagree. From what I have seen of him he looks like a more effective version of Parker. We are far from being good enough for Sidwell not to be a good option on a free!

He's not as good as Parker imo. Decent player but nothing more than that.

Worth signing on a free but if I was paying money it would be £2m maximum for Sidwell.

Sidwell's hijacked

By ANDREW DILLON

May 07, 2007

JOSE MOURINHO has hijacked Newcastle’s bid to sign Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell.

And the Chelsea boss is convinced he has got his man by offering him £50,000 a week.

Sidwell, 24, will be out of contract in a few weeks and available on a free transfer.

Newcastle were favourites to sign the ex-Arsenal trainee for months but Chelsea have stepped in and topped the Toon’s £40,000-a-week offer.

The move for playmaker Sidwell also reopens the uncertainty around midfield ace Frank Lampard’s future at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard, 28, has still not signed a new contract at Chelsea with Spanish giants Barcelona keen on the England star.

Mourinho has already put the wheels in motion to start rebuilding his team after losing his grip on the Premiership title and yet another season of disappointment in the Champions League.

Sidwell has been a key figure helping Reading consolidate in their first Premiership season and it has not gone unnoticed at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho has always insisted on having an English spine to his team.

Sidwell was born on Chelsea’s doorstep in Wandsworth — and would be a ready replacement for Lampard.

Reading have offered Sidwell £25,000 a week to sign a new deal — but the ambitious player is holding out in a bid to secure a big-money move.

Sidwell's hijacked

Great news for Chelsea. I have been clamouring for months for my club to step in. Sidwell is a great player and on a free which an added bonus. Let's hope that the Sun for once is proved right.

Posted_by: sifctops 

So does anybody think all the players who were going to leave under Roeder, Bramble, Moore, Gooch etc will now get an extra year to prove themselves under the new manager?

So does anybody think all the players who were going to leave under Roeder, Bramble, Moore, Gooch etc will now get an extra year to prove themselves under the new manager?

that's what I was thinking earlier today!  :nope: "Fresh start" blah blah blah.. >:(

Guest Magpiecn

No way. They should be out now!!!

i hope not

let them go and move on ,we need to move forward

Guest Darth Toon

I think if its Big Sam then Gooch certainly has a better chance of staying - good in the air and a mean long throw are the kind of attributes Allardyce is going to be interested in!