Season Ticket Holders

Guest Gemmill

Guest Gemmill

Do yourselves and everyone else a favour, and DO NOT renew until we have someone appointed.  I don't know how long it's gonna take Shepherd to sort things out, but if the renewal forms come out first, don't be stupid enough to just blindly fill it in and send it back.  Make the fucker sweat on getting this appointment right before you hand your money over.  I would like to think that it's unnecessary to point out something as obvious as this, but unfortunately I know that we've got plenty mongs in our ranks who would actually hand £600 over to a managerless football club. :razz:

And - I know some of you don't even want to consider this, but - if he gets it wrong, and we get another bolt-out-of-the-blue appointment like a Souness (I'm thinking something like a Chris Coleman, David O'Leary, or heaven forbid enticing Man City to give us Stuart Pearce), then do not renew.  I know some people don't want to consider not renewing, but if he appoints someone that isn't up to the job and you hand him your money anyway, he will see it as an endorsement of his decision.  Don't make his life easy by giving him that endorsement.

Lecture over.  Class dismissed.  :lol:

Do yourselves and everyone else a favour, and DO NOT renew until we have someone appointed.  I don't know how long it's gonna take Shepherd to sort things out, but if the renewal forms come out first, don't be stupid enough to just blindly fill it in and send it back.  Make the fucker sweat on getting this appointment right before you hand your money over.  I would like to think that it's unnecessary to point out something as obvious as this, but unfortunately I know that we've got plenty mongs in our ranks who would actually hand £600 over to a managerless football club. :razz:

And - I know some of you don't even want to consider this, but - if he gets it wrong, and we get another bolt-out-of-the-blue appointment like a Souness (I'm thinking something like a Chris Coleman, David O'Leary, or heaven forbid enticing Man City to give us Stuart Pearce), then do not renew.  I know some people don't want to consider not renewing, but if he appoints someone that isn't up to the job and you hand him your money anyway, he will see it as an endorsement of his decision.  Don't make his life easy by giving him that endorsement.

Have you read the front page? (I know you wont have)

There are a few interesting comments as to where our readershipstand with relation to season ticket renewals.

Guest Gemmill

Don't you think this is the wrong forum for your message? Try Skunkers if you're not bothered about them taking the piss out of you.

Sorry?

Don't you think this is the wrong forum for your message? Try Skunkers if you're not bothered about them taking the piss out of you.

Sorry?

Sigh

Which part don't you understand?

I'm happy to help, as always.

Guest Gemmill

Sorry?

Sigh

I just saw no relevance in your post to mine.  Enlighten me.

Sorry?

Sigh

Think you'll be waiting quite a long time before HTL explains the relevance of his post. He's not even sure of it himself, I bet.

Guest Gemmill

Sorry?

Sigh

Think you'll be waiting quite a long time before HTL explains the relevance of his post. He's not even sure of it himself, I bet.

He sort of half-explained himself elsewhere.  Apparently the views that I've posted in this thread wouldn't go down well on Skunkers, because they're all match-going soopafans who don't possess the wherewithall to spot a club being grossly mismanaged, or the common sense to stop handing over £600 a year in endorsement of that mismanagement.  I realise this probably misrepresents a lot (maybe all) of the people on Skunkers who I doubt are anywhere near that stupid, but thank HTL for that.

Guest Knightrider

Couldn't agree more. If FS wants us to renew/get a ST, then fucking turn on the charm, i.e. bring in a manager we can all have some degree of belief and hope in.

i'm waiting to see who he brings in. 

if its someone i have no particular liking for as a manager, i'll maybe not bother. say its Allardyce, for example.

but if its someone who can actually spark some enthusiasm, i'll renew.

if its someone stupid like Pearson or the like being touted, i'll jack it in.

Guest Knightrider

Same here NM, I plan on getting one for me and the two nephews, but I'm waiting to see who comes in first before we splash the best part of 1200 quid or so on tickets, not to mention all the other costs that a season will accrue with two bairns in tow.

Sorry?

Sigh

He sort of half-explained himself elsewhere.  Apparently the views that I've posted in this thread wouldn't go down well on Skunkers, because they're all match-going soopafans who don't possess the wherewithall to spot a club being grossly mismanaged, or the common sense to stop handing over £600 a year in endorsement of that mismanagement.  I realise this probably misrepresents a lot (maybe all) of the people on Skunkers who I doubt are anywhere near that stupid, but thank HTL for that.

Do fuck off, have a proper read of Skunkers and Fat fred is constantly slated and held responsible for all that is wrong with the club.

For the record though, i shall be renewing regardless of whether ex mackem cunt Allardyce or Sven Adult Books or Tony fucking Blair is appointed.

I won't however buy any club merchandise, buy beer or food in the ground or buy a match programme.

Guest Knightrider

I won't however buy any club merchandise, buy beer or food in the ground or buy a match programme.

Good lad, that'll teach the bastards to mess with us.

BTW Skunkers is full of arseholes who've held this club back too long with their "we don't like you, but here's 500 quid" attitude, move over for the new breed of fan, mongs who wave their shoes about and watch the match on youtube.

Cunts

Guest the_guv_nor

The way i look at it is, i love going out on a saturday afternoon having a few pints and going to the match, its not just about the shite performance i encounter its the whole day out, the pre-match build up, atmosphere and so on.

i personally dont mind forking out £482 per year for this as i enjoy it. i will be renewing regardless to the manager appointed because i'd sooner be at the match than out shopping with wor lass every saturday(Geordie Dazzler divnt tell her i said that, ha ha).

Everyone is entitled to their oppinion but i think its rather unfair to judge the majority of fans who are happy to re-new there season ticket every year.

Good lad, that'll teach the bastards to mess with us.

BTW Skunkers is full of arseholes who've held this club back too long with their "we don't like you, but here's 500 quid" attitude, move over for the new breed of fan, mongs who wave their shoes about and watch the match on youtube.

Cunts

ding ding ding!!! We have a winner.

The way i look at it is, i love going out on a saturday afternoon having a few pints and going to the match, its not just about the s**** performance i encounter its the whole day out, the pre-match build up, atmosphere and so on.

i personally dont mind forking out £482 per year for this as i enjoy it. i will be renewing regardless to the manager appointed because i'd sooner be at the match than out shopping with wor lass every saturday(Geordie Dazzler divnt tell her i said that, ha ha).

Everyone is entitled to their oppinion but i think its rather unfair to judge the majority of fans who are happy to re-new there season ticket every year.

thats me.

theres two ways to look at this,

1) when we were shit it's those that went that kept the club alive for the rest to enjoy later

2)if we hadn't have went when they were shit the board would have hd to do something.