Koeman?

Martin Lol

Don't know if there are any Dutch based fans here but I've heard PSV and Koeman are making a joint statement today.

The suggestion is it will be a parting of the ways for them with Koeman possibly going to the Premiership.

Don't know how much, if anything, is true.  Just what I heard.

Guest johnson293

Don't know if there are any Dutch based fans here but I've heard PSV and Koeman are making a joint statement today.

The suggestion is it will be a parting of the ways for them with Koeman possibly going to the Premiership.

Nice - Luque staying as well then?

Every player starts with a clean slate etc.

Guest teepee

:D

We need to have one set "NEW MANAGER" thread...

anyways, yeah Koeman, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Houllier as discussed in other threads.

We don't need a new manager thread. I mean face it all we are gonna talk about this week is the new manager, there aren't any other pionts of discussion.

Guest kiwi

Dunno why Ericsen's name keeps poping up - his tactics were more inscrutable than Roeders.

Found an article on the subject...........................

KOEMAN DECISION EXPECTED ON MONDAY

An announcement on the future of PSV Eindhoven coach Ronald Koeman is expected to be made on Monday.

Koeman met with members of PSV's board of directors on Friday to discuss his future at the club in the wake of chairman Frits Schuitema's comments last month that hinted the 44-year-old could be on his way out of the Philips Stadion.

PSV claimed their third title on the trot on goal difference from Ajax on a thrilling final day of the season last weekend, but both supporters and players are alleged to have become dissatisfied with Koeman after the club blew an 11-point lead at the summit before their late recovery.

It is believed that Schuitema's stance has softened since PSV claimed the title, but Koeman, whose contract runs until June 2008, gave nothing away when he left the meeting on Friday afternoon.

He said: "I won't say anything about the meeting.

"I will go to my house in Portugal now for two days.

"On Monday the club and I will make an announcement. I will say no more."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/05/04/SOCCER_Ned-PSV_Eindhoven_Koeman.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Found an article on the subject...........................

KOEMAN DECISION EXPECTED ON MONDAY

An announcement on the future of PSV Eindhoven coach Ronald Koeman is expected to be made on Monday.

Koeman met with members of PSV's board of directors on Friday to discuss his future at the club in the wake of chairman Frits Schuitema's comments last month that hinted the 44-year-old could be on his way out of the Philips Stadion.

PSV claimed their third title on the trot on goal difference from Ajax on a thrilling final day of the season last weekend, but both supporters and players are alleged to have become dissatisfied with Koeman after the club blew an 11-point lead at the summit before their late recovery.

It is believed that Schuitema's stance has softened since PSV claimed the title, but Koeman, whose contract runs until June 2008, gave nothing away when he left the meeting on Friday afternoon.

He said: "I won't say anything about the meeting.

"I will go to my house in Portugal now for two days.

"On Monday the club and I will make an announcement. I will say no more."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/05/04/SOCCER_Ned-PSV_Eindhoven_Koeman.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Please sack him and please let him come to Newcastle.

What makes you think he's any good stozo? He's built a reputation for being able to work onwards from  the good work of a predecessor, but after one or two season results normally turn to crap.. Fans at the different clubs have never taken a linking to him. Being where we are, what we need is the exact opposite, namely an inspirational figure who can build us back up from the ground.

Guest Brewcastle

I think Koeman can be the right man for NUFC. I liked the thought about him as manager from the moment I read he could be aviable.

What makes you think he's any good stozo? He's built a reputation for being able to work onwards from  the good work of a predecessor, but after one or two season results normally turn to crap.. Fans at the different clubs have never taken a linking to him. Being where we are, what we need is the exact opposite, namely an inspirational figure who can build us back up from the ground.

Never had a chance at a big budget club and has always had to sell but he's still managed to win 3 Eredivisie's, 1 Portuguese supercup and has managed to do well in the Champions League with both PSV and Benfica.

Guest geordiebaz

He isnt Geordie enough. We need either a Geordie, or an adopted Geordie in charge!

Give it to Pav, Pav is a geordie.

Don't say we need a geordie FFS will go for Bruce.

Guest Brewcastle

He isnt Geordie enough. We need either a Geordie, or an adopted Geordie in charge!

I'm a Norwegian, but understand the point with a Geordie as manager. But from who's aviable, it seems to be a choice between: Geordie manager and middle of the table, or adopt an overseas and fight for trophies/Europe.

With the next manager NUFC can get both. -Then it's time to bring in Big Al  8)

Guest Phil K

I agree - Koeman over Allardyce.

But we're talking Shepherd here.

If its impossible to find a bad manager for Newcastle, he'll manage it.

Tw*t.

Guest Knightrider

He's average and being foreign will not get this job, FS probably hasn't even heard of him, to be fair to the lad.

I agree - Koeman over Allardyce.

But we're talking Shepherd here.

If its impossible to find a bad manager for Newcastle, he'll manage it.

Tw*t.

Pearce just seems so possible with our board!

I doubt that we are after him.

Also i think he isnt that bad either.

He managed to eliminate Man Utd with Benfica and also this year he eliminated Arsenal

He wouldnt be too bad choice imo

Koeman's a decent manager. However his PSV side this year were almost a one man team. As soon as Alex got injured they fell apart at the back, and as soon as he returned things stabilised. I don't know if he'd been trying to bring in other centrebacks etc. but that would be a mark against him.

On the positive side he's got a good record, and a decent amount of experience.