Alan Oliver on talkSPORT very soon.......

Guest 3-1 NYD

To be fair, the type of football Bolton are alleged to play and the type of football we've actually been playing of late aren't really a million miles apart.  If it's going to be the long ball game, I'd rather it was the long ball game with wins at the end.

Chelsea and Liverpool play the same.

I hope it isn't Allardyce.

The type of football Blton play bores me to tears.

Not having a dig or anything but how much of there football do you watch?

Only when they are on Sky and MOTD highlights but they aren't a team that are entertaining

Bolton have only scored 45 goals this season. That's less than Everton, Reading, Tottenham, Blackburn and the same amount as Portsmouth. That's the joint least amount of goals in the the top 10 and they have only scored 4 more than Villa.

Only when they are on Sky and MOTD highlights but they aren't a team that are entertaining

Bolton have only scored 45 goals this season. That's less than Everton, Reading, Tottenham, Blackburn and the same amount as Portsmouth. That's the joint least amount of goals in the the top 10 and they have only scored 4 more than Villa.

More than us then?

More than us then?

Scored 8 more goals than us. That's less impressive when you consider they are 7 places above us.

More than us then?

Scored 8 more goals than us. That's less impressive when you consider they are 7 places above us.

I think the key words there are "above us". On a limited budget, smaller club. Given a chance here........ who knows?

More than us then?

To be fair, the type of football Bolton are alleged to play and the type of football we've actually been playing of late aren't really a million miles apart.  If it's going to be the long ball game, I'd rather it was the long ball game with wins at the end.

Chelsea and Liverpool play the same.

Well to be fair they have managers with fancy foreign names so it makes it that little bit better, apparently.

Guest teepee

strikers are expensive, as are attacking midfielders - sam had very little money at bolton, so he opted to go for a solid defensive unit.

but, i must admit i also fear that we wont see too many goals, but at the end of the day it is the point, not goals, that counts

Saying Pearson will be asked to take the last game. He's close to Glenn and could refuse however, if he does then they'll ask Lee Clark and Terry Mac to take charge.

Said that he's spoken to Glenn and he sensed a mood of anger. Roeder said it started so well for him and alot of what stopped him being successful was out of his control.

strikers are expensive, as are attacking midfielders - sam had very little money at bolton, so he opted to go for a solid defensive unit.

but, i must admit i also fear that we wont see too many goals, but at the end of the day it is the point, not goals, that counts

I have said this before (just before Glenn joined us I think), but if the opposition don't score any goals you can't loose the match.

If SA comes in and locks down our defence, gets us plenty of shut-outs and the game gets boring in the process, then so-be-it.  Once we have gained a consistent shut-out record then I'll start worrying whether I think there needs to be more attack, but never at the expense of shut-out results.

Guest TheOrder

If I ever meet these 'Newcastle fans' spackers that have been emailing in to SSN, I'm ganna brick their faces in.

If I ever meet these 'Newcastle fans' spackers that have been emailing in to SSN, I'm ganna brick their faces in.

:lol: aye like the bloke who said "Stuff Allardyce, I don't want to play the longball and not win anything. We need Shearer in, that's who we need :lol: fucking muppets they are

tbh you'll be in a very long queue

Will they then become the "faceless voice of football" :-)

Can't believe some of the muppets that text in Sky when something like this happens. Someone suggested a Keegan and Shearer dream team. My god!