Kevin Gallacher on the beeb Fans are to blame

nfrederi

Its the fault of the fans anyway that Roeders gone according to Gallacher interview on the Beeb.

30 something games and hes a f*cking expert rent-a-quote on all things Newcastle.  :rant:

50,000 + most home league games and a big away following, 2nd richest club in England 7th richest in Europe or some such piss, 50 + years since last Domestic trophy 80 years since league championship but we are too F**king impatient for success.

All I want is to win something, anything but the Intertoto, before I die is that too much to ask?  >:(

Guest Ridzuan

Rubbish in my opinion.Its not about we being impatient for success.If the club can still maintain the kind of standards which were similar to Sir Bobby or Keegan era,we can understand.But the case now is that the club is continueing to decline further and further down and more depressingly,we cant play simple football which is why Roeder has to go.

I heard him say that. Personally I don't think anyone can accuse us of being impatient. If we're angry and frustrated then it's because most of us have had nothing over our lifetimes and we've been let down time after time after time.

And someone tells us we have to be patient? Well what's patient? 5 years? 10? 20? The 28 years I've been alive for? The 38 years since our last major trophy? The 52 years since our last major domestic honour? The 80 years since we last won the title?

Guest Geordiesned

I heard him say that. Personally I don't think anyone can accuse us of being impatient. If we're angry and frustrated then it's because most of us have had nothing over our lifetimes and we've been let down time after time after time.

And someone tells us we have to be patient? Well what's patient? 5 years? 10? 20? The 28 years I've been alive for? The 38 years since our last major trophy? The 52 years since our last major domestic honour? The 80 years since we last won the title?

Nah man, we demand success. That's why we fill the ground every week despite the majority of people in there never having seen us win anything in our lifetimes!

Guest Geordiesned

I think he is dead right!!

The way the crowd was after the match on Saturday is why Glenn has did what he did..

I very much doubt he was given a choice. Either resign and leave with a bit of dignity still intact or get the chop.

The way the crowd was after the match on Saturday is why Glenn has did what he did..

I very much doubt he was given a choice. Either resign and leave bit a bit of dignity still intact or get the chop.

Pure speculation, and we will never know what was said by him and to him. But I would bet if after the match on Saturday there was nothing but cheers and clapping then he would not have walked, probably would not have even been dragged in for a chat.

Happens every time, as soon as we protest Fred feels the pressure and outs the maanager.

6 managers in 9 fkn yeras is a disgrace!

I'll happily take the credit for Roeder's departure. It was obviously my booing and whistling that pushed him over the edge.

That, and Mick ganning off at half time to have a quiet word with Fred. ;)

Aye were to blame. The clubs loans are not borrowed against Fred Shep own cash, or the Halls own cash, or the value of the team, or the ground, the money has been loaned against future season tickets sales because the bank knows we will go & watch shite.

WE ARE THE CLUB!!!!

Guest Phil K

Its the fault of the fans anyway that Roeders gone according to Gallacher interview on the Beeb.(

Remember where it's from - the BBC - the place who never misses a chance to stick the knife in to Newcastle on their net sites.

Can you recall the sneering p*ss-taking when Newcastle signed Patrick Kluivert ?

It turned out that was done by a London journo - a MAN UTD supporting London journo - just about sums up the BBC to me...

I very much doubt he was given a choice. Either resign and leave bit a bit of dignity still intact or get the chop.

Pure speculation, and we will never know what was said by him and to him. But I would bet if after the match on Saturday there was nothing but cheers and clapping then he would not have walked, probably would not have even been dragged in for a chat.

Happens every time, as soon as we protest Fred feels the pressure and outs the maanager.

6 managers in 9 fkn yeras is a disgrace!

So you think Roeder would've turned it around?

Guest kiwi

He might have done with sensible buying over summer but I think this was a financial decision, brought on by increasing fan dissatisfaction and some really crap player performances. Even Roeder commented the other week that only 4 players were pulling their weight.

The thing is the last two managerial appointments have been car crashes waiting to happen plus what happened before that with SBR being sacked 6 games into the season cannot, however much the chairman wishes to portray it so  be blamed on the fans.

The fans didnt go out and put on the god awful performances that we have  witnessed from the players and i would hope that quite a few of 'em will follow Roeder and not pull on the black and white again. I could name names but.  like them, i just cant be bothered.

I dont normally post on the boards as I dont get to the games nowadays but what I have witnessed on Sopcast and T.V this season has been pretty abysmal stuff but even after getting hammered 5-1 at home against a championship side i think the fans where plenty patient. Dont think many managers would have survived that on top of everything else.

Ive been at St James during the seventies and eighties and ok we where much worse than now but since the Nineties the ante has been raised considerably and is it too much to expect that we built on Keegans achievements. Since returning the top flight we have become a big club in everything but winning trophies.

Freddie Shepard has got to get it right this time and if he does the fans will back the manager but we want to see the club being taken in the right direction. Im sure most are realistic enough to know that if we appoint Big Sam or Sven for instance that we are not going to win the league or Champions League within a few seasons but we expect to compete if not with the Man Us, Chelseas and Liverpools at least with Spurs, Reading, Bolton etc.

I realise the bias of where this report came from and the joker making the comments but just boiled my p**s and needed to get it off my chest this is all we are going to hear till we make an appointment what a poison chalice this job is and how impatient the fans are.

Dont think we are.....just want to see some progress.

Rant over (agian)

Guest taff2727

I'll happily take the credit for Roeder's departure. It was obviously my booing and whistling that pushed him over the edge.

That, and Mick ganning off at half time to have a quiet word with Fred. ;)

YOU GOT NO CHANCE that season ticket lying by roeders feet is mine.10 mins into the 2nd half and i gave him it back.season ticket holder since 1987,loyal fan since 1982.back of the mirror

Its the fault of the fans anyway that Roeders gone according to Gallacher interview on the Beeb.

30 something games and hes a f*cking expert rent-a-quote on all things Newcastle.   :rant:

50,000 + most home league games and a big away following, 2nd richest club in England 7th richest in Europe or some such piss, 50 + years since last Domestic trophy 80 years since league championship but we are too F**king impatient for success.

All I want is to win something, anything but the Intertoto, before I die is that too much to ask?  >:(

Arcitect of his own downfall.

Once he started to contradict himself I think we all knew it was a man living on borrowed time.

P.s Skirge - What you said in your first post, you would still be happy for Roeder to be manager of NUFC and take us down the pan even further with his team selections and his 'tactics'?

Guest JamesD

all he said is that fan's needed to be more patient, and he even qualified that with, "but they've been starved of success for so long etc etc...", so he wasn't blaming the fans.  But what he said is exactly right, IMO.  I guess i come from a different culture (america), and a different back ground in sports.  The team i support in the U.S. was purchased by a soft drink country, renamed after that company, and our jerseys have 4 different representations of that company's image.  Every year, we get to the playoffs, and inevitably get eliminated either in the first round, or by a rival in the second round.  What is the fan response? "Oh well, same old s***.  On to next season!!"  Here, football isn't viewed as what it is, which is entertainment,  its a cultural definition.  Which is understand, as at least with football, the teams are much more established here. 

As a result, the fans desire near instant success.  I remember roeder saying at the begining of his tenure that he thought it would take 5 years to get the team where he wanted it to be.  And seeing as how he got a few good players in his first summer, had his hands tied with injuries during the second transfer window, i would have liked to see him have at least another season to build his team, because its obvious that many players on this NUFC weren;t playing for him, or for the club.

Honestly, some people on here are quite pathetic, in my view anyways.  I have no problem with people who get into football and are extremely knowledgeable, and i have a lot of respect for the posters on here that have such a intimate knowledge of the club in more that simply football terms, but at the same time, look at the thread title, "Kevin Gallacher on the beeb Fans are to blame".  No, he didn't blame the fans, he simply mentioned, in a portion of his interview that the fan expectation at SJP is perhaps too high.  Are you really so sensitive to what people say about a football team, that you get personally get mad? 

30 something games and hes a f*cking expert rent-a-quote on all things Newcastle.  :rant:

What will you win, if NUFC win a trophy?  You'll get to brag about it to your friends, at least until next year when another team wins the same competition.  But its not as if you, whoever you are, actually won something.  You paid to see some other people win something, or maybe you watched some people on TV win something, heard them over a radio, or even read about some people winning while updating the BBC matchtracker every twenty seconds. 

I want to see the team win something too, and when they lose, it gets my down for a bit.  But in reality, its not my life, and i've got other things i need to do  Football is entertainment, its a business, so please people, calm down, sit back , relax, and when the toon do win something, enjoy the moment.

No amount of team re-building will change the fact that Roeder consistently makes the worst possible tactical decisions and team selections with the players he already has.  Giving Roeder time and being patient with him is akin to giving a monkey your tax returns and hoping that if your patient he'll work it out in the end!  But instead he just shits on everything and then masturbates in front of you....

What will you win, if NUFC win a trophy?  You'll get to brag about it to your friends, at least until next year when another team wins the same competition.  But its not as if you, whoever you are, actually won something.  You paid to see some other people win something, or maybe you watched some people on TV win something, heard them over a radio, or even read about some people winning while updating the BBC matchtracker every twenty seconds. 

I want to see the team win something too, and when they lose, it gets my down for a bit.  But in reality, its not my life, and i've got other things i need to do  Football is entertainment, its a business, so please people, calm down, sit back , relax, and when the toon do win something, enjoy the moment.

But that's just it though, its not just entertainment here.  People who follow the same club there entire life often get very emotionally invested.  When that club wins something it does feel like winning something yourself.  Frankly its completely irrelivant to me or any other fan wether you think it should feel like that or not.

No amount of team re-building will change the fact that Roeder consistently makes the worst possible tactical decisions and team selections with the players he already has.  Giving Roeder time and being patient with him is akin to giving a monkey your tax returns and hoping that if your patient he'll work it out in the end!  But instead he just shits on everything and then masturbates in front of you....

Good job he's gone.