Kevin Gallacher on the beeb Fans are to blame

nfrederi

Guest taff2727

I'll happily take the credit for Roeder's departure. It was obviously my booing and whistling that pushed him over the edge.

That, and Mick ganning off at half time to have a quiet word with Fred. ;)

haway then lads i threw me ticket first,can i have some credit lol

YOU GOT NO CHANCE that season ticket lying by roeders feet is mine.10 mins into the 2nd half and i gave him it back.season ticket holder since 1987,loyal fan since 1982.back of the mirror

haway then lads i threw me ticket first,can i have some credit lol

James the title of the audio thread is " Newcastle fans want instant success" and after listening to the clip again I havent changed my opinion that he is laying the blame for Roeders demise on the unfair expectations of Fans, whether or not he qualified that with the statement that we have been starved of success for so long is immaterial to me. He is not addressing the problem which is the last two managerial appointments have been a disaster which a lot of people saw coming.

Yes I do get mad when someone is portrayed as a person with a intimate knowledge of the club when his sum total is something like 36 games 4 goals at the arse end of his career who claims that the fans after waiting more than 50 years for a domestic trophy are impatient.  It was a rant which i got off my chest.

As for the good players he got into the club last summer, Martins has potential, Duff is a winger who we did not need, Siberski a honest journeyman and Bernard what more can I add bar the fact the last transfer window was an opportunity to bring players in not get his hands tied with injuries. Oh I also forgot the Man Utd reserve we got on loan.

If players where not playing for him it would suggest to me that he had lost the dressing room as well as the fans keeping him on would have been rank stupidity, better to part ways now and get a manager in who will have a full preseason with the players and a full transfer window to bring in players that he wants. I do agree that it will take a few season to get back on track but in my opinion there was no evidence that Roeder could do that. If he was here for a full term next season I believe we would be at the very least facing a relegation battle and if we went down it would literally be a total disaster for the club and a finacial situation similar to Leeds as most of our debt is guaranteed against season ticket sales and the loss of the Premiership money would prob send us into meltdown. You may be able to shrug that off and support some other soccer team but over here we can not.

As for the rest of your post i really do think its a case that you do not understand what supporting a football club means to people over this side of the pond and though i dont agree with Bill Shankley that football is more important than life or death its much more important than mere entertainment.

As I say i was angry after listening to Gallagher but you could say that posting it on here is my anger therapy

Fans are NOT to blame - have been too tolerant, if anything.

The blame lies with the unprofessional conduct of the Chairman , who has made some disastrous mistakes -  firing SBR at the wrong time, appointing Souness, appointing Roeder, just for starters.

NUFC have not won a domestic trophy for more than 50 years, whilst having consistently excellent attendances(which would be envied by many of the clubs who HAVE won honours during that time), so to say the fans are too impatient is cobblers of the highest order.

There is a perception within both Football and the Media that the so-called 'Top 4' are to be worshipped unconditionally, and any one who could pose a threat to that bunch of sacred cows is to be treated with distain - clubs like NUFC & Villa both fall into that category, so don't be surprised when the sort of rubbish spouted by Gallacher is heard, esp if either NUFC or AV start doing well next season....

Guest justin99.

Next season if Newcastle lose their first 4 games, playing boring predictable football, the booing will start again.

The cycle continues......

Guest shearer_united

regardless of how bad the perfomances may be i think its rude to BOO..

Next season if Newcastle lose their first 4 games, playing boring predictable football, the booing will start again.

The cycle continues......

Not necessarily true.  Not if the fans believe in the manager.

Which they will if he culls the shite straight away.