Get this one right Freddy & the future doesn't look too bad...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

We have a decent spine to the team and in Krul, Edgar, Taylor, Zoggy, Milner, Martins and Carroll we have a fine crop of younger players there. With 53,000 fans every week, a stadium that could well hold 60,000 plus in the not too distant future and with a turnover of £90-100m - there is an awful lot there to work with and aid any would be good to excellent manager. It goes without saying this is the critical point in these players' NUFC careers, our future and the future of the board. We may be a million miles away from the top 4 but the rest, we are not and if any club can challenge that top four, it is us as we showed under Sir Bobby - a good manager who was right for the club at the time. We now need to find another Sir Bobby if you like.

Over to you Freddy and co...

We have a decent spine to the team and in Krul, Edgar, Taylor, Zoggy, Milner, Martins and Carroll we have a fine crop of younger players there. With 53,000 fans every week, a stadium that could well hold 60,000 plus in the not too distant future and with a turnover of £90-100m - there is an awful lot there to work with and aid any would be good to excellent manager. It goes without saying this is the critical point in these players' NUFC careers, our future and the future of the board. We may be a million miles away from the top 4 but the rest, we are not and if any club can challenge that top four, it is us as we showed under Sir Bobby - a good manager who was right for the club at the time. We now need to find another Sir Bobby if you like.

Over to you Freddy and co...

This is the key appointment. For what it's worth I think he will get it right. It's not about turnover btw its about profit.

I think he will get it right this time also.

And he has got rid at right time. Get new man in quick and give him all summer to bring players in and clear them out and to get the structure right from the off

Guest Knightrider

I know that, re your last point. But success will take care of profit, the turnover will allow that or should under the right manager.

Yep, I think he'll get it right this time too, in Big Sam Allardyce, who given time, funds and a degree of patience will turn the club around fully and while we won't quite reach the heights we did under KK and Sir Bobby to an extent under him, he will lay down the foundations and you never know, he could turn out to be a great manager, he certainly has what it takes given his array of personal skills and his ambition, desire and commitment. Fingers crossed.

Ah welcome to the now world  of uncertainty, its what you all craved and now you have it. This could drag on and on and on and on and on and on, anyone ready for another transfer window without a manager????

Guest Gemmill

Allardyce is the glaringly obvious choice in the same way that Martin O'Neill was last time, and we all know what happened there.  Let's hope we do the sensible thing this time as the alternatives (Coleman, Bruce etc) are too horrible to contemplate.

Guest Knightrider

Whats SA record at Bolton re; youth policy?

Saught the advice of Simon Clifford who advised Sam and his staff regards direction and infrastructure, and many people consider Bolton's academy to be a year or so off being up there with the best. That is not what is important though, the fact he is proving at getting the best out of players is, i.e. if a youngster at Newcastle has what it takes, you can guarantee Big Sam will get the best or most out of that player, which can't be said of past managers and with some current players who have came through our system, i.e. Ramage et al.

Guest Knightrider

Allardyce is the glaringly obvious choice in the same way that Martin O'Neill was last time, and we all know what happened there.  Let's hope we do the sensible thing this time as the alternatives (Coleman, Bruce etc) are too horrible to contemplate.

True, we were played well by MON who I now believe preffered the England job and used our interest in him to try and say "look, if you want me FA, give me the job, as Newcastle are on the other phone". Don't think he wanted our job at all.

We have a decent spine to the team

No we don't.

Yes we do.

The depth and elaboration behind some of the arguments in this thread are outstanding.

Ah welcome to the now world of uncertainty, its what you all craved and now you have it. This could drag on and on and on and on and on and on, anyone ready for another transfer window without a manager????

Can't be anyworse than one with Roeder, to be fair.

What we all wanted? What does that imply, really? Some of us didn't want the guy in the first place, but then some others did, do we start baiting them cause they were wrong (Roeder being a failure), and got what they wanted?

I'd rather take my chances losing the manager before the transfer window rather than afterwards. I wouldn't have kept Roeder just to go through the summer with a manager so we'd make signings.

Guest Knightrider

No we don't.

Shay, Taylor, Parker, Owen - not exactly Cech, Terry, Essien and Drogba I know but name a spine as good as or significantly better outside of the top four and you'd struggle.

We all know Shay is one of the best, on his day thee best, Taylor has massive potential, forget his silly moments, his performance against Drogba recently is his real level if he works hard, is coached right and has the right attitude. Parker has had a poor season but if managed right, i.e. not told to be something he isn't - our Steven Gerrard, he can be a more than effective player in there for us and Owen, well he's a world class goalscorer when fit and on form.

Guest Gemmill

Ah welcome to the now world  of uncertainty, its what you all craved and now you have it.

Preferable to the world of certain incompetence we were guaranteed if we kept Roeder on.

Ah welcome to the now world  of uncertainty, its what you all craved and now you have it. This could drag on and on and on and on and on and on, anyone ready for another transfer window without a manager????

What we all wanted?  What does that imply, really?  Some of us didn't want the guy in the first place, but then some others did, do we start baiting them cause they were wrong (Roeder being a failure), and got what they wanted? 

Am not baiting anyone, its a fact most wanted him out, but now we are going to have shitloads of threads on who will be the next manager and everyone worried what Fred will do, who will he give it too.

We could end up going through another transfer window without a manager yet again, its fine everyone screaming for Big Sam but has anyone thought for one second that even if the job is offerd he still may not want  it!!

No we don't.

Yes we do.

The depth and elaboration behind some of the arguments in this thread are outstanding.

I'm still hungover from the weekend. I'm working on a "deeper" and more "elaborate" argument now. So calm down.

No we don't.

Shay, Taylor, Parker, Owen - not exactly Cech, Terry, Essien and Drogba I know but name a spine as good as or significantly better outside of the top four and you'd struggle.

We all know Shay is one of the best, on his day thee best, Taylor has massive potential, forget his silly moments, his performance against Drogba recently is his real level if he works hard, is coached right and has the right attitude. Parker has had a poor season but if managed right, i.e. not told to be something he isn't - our Steven Gerrard, he can be a more than effective player in there for us and Owen, well he's a world class goalscorer when fit and on form.

I think the likes of Parker and Taylor will benefit the most from SA.

Guest Knightrider

What we all wanted?  What does that imply, really?  Some of us didn't want the guy in the first place, but then some others did, do we start baiting them cause they were wrong (Roeder being a failure), and got what they wanted? 

Am not baiting anyone, its a fact most wanted him out, but now we are going to have shitloads of threads on who will be the next manager and everyone worried what Fred will do, who will he give it too.

We could end up going through another transfer window without a manager yet again, its fine everyone screaming for Big Sam but has anyone thought for one second that even if the job is offerd he still may not want the it!!

I think we are or most are aware of all that Skirge man, but we can at least be positive for a change or rather hopeful of the future again which a lot of these speculative threads I know, are. Better than "oh no, Roeder's gonna mess up another transfer window, next season we're going down" etc. etc.

Guest Knightrider

No we don't.

I think the likes of Parker and Taylor will benefit the most from SA.

I think even the likes of Ramage will, because unlike under Roeder and Souness, they'll be well drilled, organised and disciplined and above all else - coached correctly. You look at some of the dross Bolton select and yet you don't see them making elementary mistakes too often, which is why a player like Haim can be plucked from nowhere then a season or so later, be wanted by Chelsea. Same with that Jiadi bloke (spelling?)

No we don't.

If you take Given, Taylor, Parker, Owen as the spine of the team and assume they were all playing to their full potential under competent management, you'd still have a critical flaw there in midfield and defence. Taylor I feel can still become one of England's best defenders with the right coaching and with the right partner. Parker however just leaves me cold. He's been utterly woeful under Roeder - and played like he didn't give a shit. I didn't even notice him on Saturday - if that is meant to be our captain then there's little further explanation required as to why we played in such a listless, erratic and uninspiring fashion. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from him, but misplaced passes and a lack of passion don't make me think he's part of a strong spine to the team.

As long as everyone is ready to welcome Chris Coleman Or Sven :D

I really do not think its going to be Big Sam that gets it, and I have no faith what so ever that  Shepherd will get it right this time, why should this time be any different to every other time..

Lets say this does drag on and on and we cannot get anyone to come here, players leave an already thing squad and transfer window passes with Freddy trying to sin players without a manager.

It may be doom and gloom but its probably the most likey outcome..

Guest makemeacupoftea

No we don't.

If you take Given, Taylor, Parker, Owen as the spine of the team and assume they were all playing to their full potential under competent management, you'd still have a critical flaw there in midfield and defence. Taylor I feel can still become one of England's best defenders with the right coaching and with the right partner. Parker however just leaves me cold. He's been utterly woeful under Roeder - and played like he didn't give a shit. I didn't even notice him on Saturday - if that is meant to be our captain then there's little further explanation required as to why we played in such a listless, erratic and uninspiring fashion. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from him, but misplaced passes and a lack of passion don't make me think he's part of a strong spine to the team.

you have to be joking?

Guest triggy99

No we don't.

If you take Given, Taylor, Parker, Owen as the spine of the team and assume they were all playing to their full potential under competent management, you'd still have a critical flaw there in midfield and defence. Taylor I feel can still become one of England's best defenders with the right coaching and with the right partner. Parker however just leaves me cold. He's been utterly woeful under Roeder - and played like he didn't give a s***. I didn't even notice him on Saturday - if that is meant to be our captain then there's little further explanation required as to why we played in such a listless, erratic and uninspiring fashion. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from him, but misplaced passes and a lack of passion don't make me think he's part of a strong spine to the team.

you have to be joking?

he has to be joking. noone could really believe that