Manager Uber Poll Number 2

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In our current state, we're not going to be able to attract managers such as Wenger, Mourinho etc. etc.

These are a list of managers whom we've been previously linked with and/or can attract them to the club. Eriksson has said he wants to manage in England, there've been rumblings in France that Houllier wants another crack at the Premiership, Allardyce is of course the favourite to take over atm, whilst Koeman seems to leaving PSV with the intent of joining the Premiership. There's also the usual names that keep cropping up ie. Shearer, Hughes and Bruce (please no!). Vote for you who you want out of these lot, bearing in mind their experience, style of play, ability to attract players to the club, ability to control the dressing room, ability to tell FS to 'fuck off' if needed and other abilities that you think a manager of our club should have. VOTE AWAY!

Edit - If you vote 'Other', state your preference and explain why he'd be a better fit than the current crop that I've listed. I doubt there are more than a few managers that we realistically will be better off if we hire them (that aren't on the list), but if you think there are, do mention.

After HTT's previous efforts to discredit Sven, I wonder after he has said so much with all the of characteristics you believe Sven lacks, how has he achieved what he has done before Lazio and before gaining the label as a chequebook manager?

Guest Knightrider

After HTT's previous efforts to discredit Sven, I wonder after he has said so much with all the of characteristics you believe Sven lacks, how has he achieved what he has done before Lazio and before gaining the label as a chequebook manager?

Just don't rate him 2J as a potential NUFC manager, he's a good manager though obviously which I have aknowledged, as are a good number in these lists, doesn't mean I want them all here though.

Can someone tells me if there is a manager with better CV on this poll then Errickson's?

IFK Göteborg -Swedish Cup,League, Cup,UEFA Cup=treble in his first season as a coach of a big team

Benfica- 2 Portuguese titles,Portuguese Cup,runners-up in the UEFA Cup

AS Roma-Coppa Italia

Benfica-final of the Champions league(lost against Milan),League title

Sampdoria-Coppa Italia

Lazio- 2 Coppa Italia,European Cup Winners' Cup,Serie A title

Im voting for him 100%

And dont tell me that the CV doesnt mean anything

Also to the people who will say: Souness had good CV.He maybe had but he never reached Champions league final and never won the UEFA Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup

This is a much more sensible poll.

I HAVE FEELINGS YOU KNOW!!! :lol:

So does Ronald Koeman. I bet he's in tears at home that you left him off your uberpoll.

Dutch managers don't work at SJP. Not Geordie enough.

Guest graemeh72

Hughes for me.

And why do people think Ramos is likely?

Been linked in the papers as recently as today? I'm just putting the names that have cropped up.

If you were Ramos would you even consider coming to NUFC?

If you were Michael Owen would you even consider coming to NUFC?

Hughes for me.

And why do people think Ramos is likely?

Been linked in the papers as recently as today? I'm just putting the names that have cropped up.

If you were Ramos would you even consider coming to NUFC?

Chance to revive arguably one of the biggest clubs in England? If successful will elevate him into the level of Mourinho, Wenger etc. meaning his next job could be anything? Will have finance? A new challenge in a new league and all? Sure, why not?

Fact is, at Sevilla he'll achieve something this season (probably win the UEFA Cup) but there'll come a time when his best players will be sold (Alves, Kanoute, Maresca, the pacey right winger whose name escapes me atm) and then Sevilla will become an also-ran much like Deportivo. There are parallels between how the two clubs have elevated into the top of the Spanish league and much like Depor did, I expect Sevilla to drop down in a couple of years. Ramos' stock is nearly as high as it can possibly be (barring a fantastic Champions League run next year - if his players are still all there of course), which is why it'd be logical for him to try to step up into the next managerial stratosphere. Look where Irureta has ended up after his success with Deportivo, surely Ramos can learn from that.

I think Apisith is gannin ower the top a touch, but the Newcastle job is a still an attractive job: you get to work with top players and a big club with a big stadium, fans, excellent facilities, and a decent chance you'll be given a fair wedge of cash.

:lol: I do believe the club has the foundations in place to attract the best managers in the world. We only need one to right the so many wrongs at our club.

The only thing I'm uncertain about is how much control will Fred give to the new manager. If it's a 100%, then this job is not a 'poison-chaliced' (as soccernet dubbed it a couple of years ago), but one that should be incredibly attractive.

:lol: I do believe the club has the foundations in place to attract the best managers in the world. We only need one to right the so many wrongs at our club.

The only thing I'm uncertain about is how much control will Fred give to the new manager. If it's a 100%, then this job is not a 'poison-chaliced' (as soccernet dubbed it a couple of years ago), but one that should be incredibly attractive.

Sorry, mate, I was nodding my head until I got to this bit: '...which is why it'd be logical for him to try to step up into the next managerial stratosphere'. :lol:

A lot of attractive options on that list but I have been boring and gone for Allardyce. Just seems exactly what we need at the moment (being realistic). We need a complete overhaul, coaches, tactics, training methods etc etc.. and these are the things Allardyce excels at. He also knows how to get the best out of underperforming players and how to win games against better teams.

We are in a state at the moment, we have a decent base when it comes to player and facilites but a hell of a lot of work needs to be done to get us where we should be and from that list Big Sam is someone whose background shows he is capable of doing exactly what needs to be done with us.