Why has everyone accepted that Allardyce will be the next manager?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Some reasons why I am not totally convinced that the media circus is right with respect to Allardyce being a certainty to be the next manager:

1. He has previously rejected us twice and we are in just as much a mess now than we have ever been.

2. He used to play for Sunderland and makes no secret of his admiration of the club.

3. He lives in Manchester and wouldn't have to move if he took the Man City job.

4. In his past few seasons he has had nothing at all good to say about Newcastle, from our appointment of Roeder to out "physical abuse" of Nic Anelka.

These indicate to me that he won't be taking over our club!

Guest nufc_geordie

Oh and I forgot, he went on holiday and isn't back yet and supposedly he is coming next week when he is still on holiday? I doubt it!

Guest Geordiesned

It's not just the press though, both Sky and the Beeb are sufficiently confident that they've included it in their news bulletins - BBC on the 10pm news last night.

Guest MrSundlofer

Number 2,3 and 4 is really shit! They don't indicate anything. Not to me. A manager must move town is he gets a new job.

I can agree you with the first one.

Because who else would it be?

Ericksson

But i also think he will be our manager or at least its the board favourite so unless Allardyce himself decides that he doesnt want the job he will be appointed soon.

Well there is a good chance that even Fred has no idea yet who the new manager will be, the emdia seem certian its Sam but we will find out nothign at all until after the Watford game anyway.

NUFC.COM doing a fine hatchet job on Sam.

Latest stats showing his last 16 games saw Bolton take 1 less point than Roeder suggest it may be an appointment of Souness-like disaster.

This the same NUFC.com that said they are sitting on the fence or whatever it was after they just laid into him?

Because who else would it be?

Ericksson

But i also think he will be our manager or at least its the board favourite so unless Allardyce himself decides that he doesnt want the job he will be appointed soon.

Ericksson would be great here i agree. Even though he does not have the best record of late. All that experience he has abroad and here, would do wonders for the club.

I must admit, that i cant see Ericksson stuffing up here, while big sam may just join the rest of them.

Guest graemeh72

Latest stats showing his last 16 games saw Bolton take 1 less point than Roeder suggest it may be an appointment of Souness-like disaster.

This the same NUFC.com that said they are sitting on the fence or whatever it was after they just laid into him?

hee hee - Its my stat - I'm the hatchet man

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39389.msg807973#msg807973

Guest graemeh72

There is another issue here though.The investigation into the Panorama bungs programme is still going on and Allardyce is hugely implicated.

and if after appointment SA is found guilty ....

... fans will be on Shepherds back for appointing him... probably like!

Guest Geordiesned

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39389.msg807973#msg807973

Yes but you never said you were sitting on the fence. ;)

Guest Geordiesned

There is another issue here though.The investigation into the Panorama bungs programme is still going on and Allardyce is hugely implicated.

What must Kevin Bond be thinking?

Guest graemeh72

I'm being serious - I emailed dot com the stat last night!

Guest graemeh72

What must Kevin Bond be thinking?

Same as what most people think about FFS

That would be fully justified anarl. The fat, pie eating, heap of worthless crap.  :cheesy:

Seriously.

Since so many people are having a wankfest at the idea of Allardyce becoming the manager, I wonder what they will say if Allardyce either isn't offered the job, or rejects any offer of the job?

Guest Geordiesned

I'm not doubting you mate. Just saying that only a couple of days ago they said they would be sitting on the fence re: any appointment.

Guest graemeh72

I'm not doubting you mate. Just saying that only a couple of days ago they said they would be sitting on the fence re: any appointment.

You try sitting on a fence for two days - bound to come down on one side or t'other ;)

Guest LucaAltieri

They probably are taking sides, however, posting stats isn't necessarily giving an opinion. The stats do the talking.

However given that they chose 16 games rather than 5, 10, 20, 30, or some other nice round number shows that they've (or graemeh72) manipulated the facts to convey what they wanted.

Guest graemeh72

They probably are taking sides, however, posting stats isn't necessarily giving an opinion. The stats do the talking.

However given that they chose 16 games rather than 5, 10, 20, 30, or some other nice round number shows that they've (or graemeh72) manipulated the facts to convey what they wanted.

Chose 16 because it was the turn of the year - no other reason