Milner wants Toon Trophy

Skirge

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1022237,00.html

Toon Ton Kid Sets Sights On Trophy

By Craig Hope

JAMES Milner has set his sights on winning a trophy for Newcastle United after clocking up a ton of appearances in a black and white shirt.

The 21-year-old winger was United's star man against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday in what was his 52nd game of the current campaign.

And Milner could equal Shay Given's Premiership record of 53 appearances in the final match of the season at Watford this weekend.

But, as the former Leeds United youngster told Newcastle World TV, it is winning a trophy for the club and not appearance records with which he is most interested.

"I'm delighted to have played as many games as I have this season and I want to play as many times as I can for Newcastle United, " said the England Under-21 international.

"It's a special club and it's great to run out in the shirt.

"The fans have had a long wait for a trophy and I would love to be part of the team which wins something.

"We have got quality players at the club and if we can come back fresh next year with a clean bill of health then who knows."

Guest zicobones

hi im new here am a liverpool supporter but i've heard good reports about this site i would like to see another team win some trophies its getting boring watchin the same teams win stuff and newcastle have a fantastic support i hope you win something soon

hi im new here am a liverpool supporter but i've heard good reports about this site i would like to see another team win some trophies its getting boring watchin the same teams win stuff and newcastle have a fantastic support i hope you win something soon

Welcome and Cheers. :D

Somebody connected to Newcastle United wants to win a trophy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lets hope the fans,board & the players get behind the Milner dream

:lol:

When did this interview take place?

Somebody connected to Newcastle United wants to win a trophy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lets hope the fans,board & the players get behind the Milner dream

:lol:

When did this interview take place?

Today I would assume, but you never know, it may have been yesterday :D

Aye, dirty Scouse. ;)

Thanks, and welcome! We've got a decent little clan of Liverpool fans on here...

:lol: Cheers, welcome. You've picked a good time to join, our most obnoxious poster doesn't seem to be around anymore :D

Guest zicobones

personally i would'nt mind milner at anfield anythings better than harry kewell fancy a swap  :D

personally i would'nt mind milner at anfield anythings better than harry kewell fancy a swap  :D

A Kewell for Dyer?

Tbf I would take the king of contract talks every summer off yas for Milner :thup:

Milner's been one of the very few bright patches we've had this season.

Have you been dazzled by his crossing? Corners? His freekicks? His long range shooting? 

His long range shooting have been good this season, tbh.

Milner's been one of the very few bright patches we've had this season.

Have you been dazzled by his crossing? Corners? His freekicks? His long range shooting? 

I think 'dazzled' would be a touch strong but he's been one of the best two or three players on the pitch every single match.

Welcome zb.i in turn hope you win something sooner,like 2 weeks tomorrow.

Guest zicobones

Welcome zb.i in turn hope you win something sooner,like 2 weeks tomorrow.

i hope so too its bad though cos am very confident hope thats not a bad thing

Guest Ridzuan

Like his attitude,but talking is much easier than doing it.Hopefully he will stay with  us for a long time and win a trophy or two.

Milner is probably our most creative player this season (as he was at Villa last year) and works his arse off! Gets too much stick for a young lad imo, if his name was Juan N'Milneur he would get a lot more praise I reckon :D

his crossing is ave, and his shooting:goal raton is 1in4. 

if he wants to win us something then he will have to improve.

would prefer he was sold for 6.5m+ and we got some real talent in.

Like who? Who will we get for £6.5m that would be as productive?

Half the top strikers in the premiership have a goal ratio of around 1:4, Rooney has!

People need to realise the lad is still very young but still one of our best players. There are a hell of a lot more players in the squad we need replacing before we even think about Milner.