Another Allardyce topic.

Guest JamesD

Guest JamesD

I know...another allardyce topic, but bare with me. I don't think this has been covered yet anyways.

If allardyce gets the job, what are peoples expectations? How many seasons would you be willing to let him have in order to turn things around?

And go...

I expect him to leave as soon as McClaren is sacked from the England job..

You wont get my vote for the most optimistic again this year

lololololol

I have just had enough of all the fkn speculation threads and we still have at least a week to go before anything official will be announced.

This place will be overflowing by then with even more threads going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing.

I expect a top 7 finish at least, but I think its a bit off to start expecting this and that until we know what players will be here next season for Big Sam to work with.

If you want to finish top 6 then you need a good enough squad to finish top 6. At the minute our 4 centre halfs for next season are Taylor, Ramage, Edgar and Huntington. Don't expect the next manager to come in and instantly turn us around with the state of our squad.

lololololol

I have just had enough of all the fkn speculation threads and we still have at least a week to go before anything official will be announced.

This place will be overflowing by then with even more threads going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing.

Coming from the one who mentions N'Zogbia and his dog in every other thread, that's a bit rich. ;)

I really believe that we can break into the top four next season, and after that, the world is our oyster.

Lower the dosage, James. Doctor's orders...

Guest Nappy Rash

A trophy in 12 Months otherwise there'll be tears on here and feet stamping.

lololololol

Coming from the one who mentions N'Zogbia and his dog in every other thread, that's a bit rich. ;)

Havent started a thread on it though :D

Bobby went from 14th one season to 4th the next. A lot of that was because of the performances of the newly purchased Bellamy and Robert. If the new manager does the business 5th should be our (semi) realistic target.

Went from 11th (twice) to 4th.

Guest graemeh72

Bobby went from 14th one season to 4th the next. A lot of that was because of the performances of the newly purchased Bellamy and Robert. If the new manager does the business 5th should be our (semi) realistic target.

Aye Bobby had build foundations

ps They're dead important

If anyone EXPECTS better than top8, they should get ready for disappointment. It takes time to build a team. Not saying that top 6 is impossible or anything, but we should remember that if we finnish 8th next season, that's 5 places better than this year, which is still a big step in a year.

I stand corrected. By the way, I'm not saying blow the transfer budget on two players and expect the same to happen (we've been trying that for years). What my point was that it's amazing sometimes how a little change to the playing staff can have a big difference.