The Time Scale on Freds decision

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have been having a debate in the chatroom with Kassu about this, he reckons Fred planned it all and was well ready to bring Sam in, I however think Glenn would still be in a job had there not been a protest on Saturday.

yeah I think he would have stayed had we beat blackburn

I remember seeing somewhere fans dying for us to lose against them and that he would be gone. I do think though had sam not been available that roeder would have stayed at least until the summer.

Never over-estimate Freddy. I don't think anything's tied up with Allardyce at this moment, and it might not come off.

I think he had no choice but to let Roeder go. He'd lost the respect of the players and they were no longer doing it for him.

I think the two events - unlikely though it may sound - were coincidental.

roeder would have been in a job till after the watford game,shepherds hand was pushed as right now every second counts for persuading people to renew their season tickets.allardyce was coincidental and fortunate for him.if it was all a plot it would have raised fewer eyebrows had allardyce waited till the end of the season.

Trying to remember what went on the day Big Sam quit, I think it came out first he would leave at the end of the season, then pretty soon afterwards it was announced he would leave straight with with only 2 games remaining. Could that have been a case of him saying he was ready to leave at the end of the season and the club doing the old "if your going, your going now".

Been thinking this too. Personally think Sam may have agreed something before but wasn't able to get out of his Bolton contract for whatever reason so FS appointed Roeder (with Roeder's knowledge perhaps) for a season.

Which is why Sam kicked up such a fuss about appointing an unqualified Roeder.

Think it was nothing to do with us that Sam left Bolton we have been our worse run of poor results for 50 years i think.

Saturday was the straw which broke the camels back

I have been having a debate in the chatroom with Kassu about this, he reckons Fred planned it all and was well ready to bring Sam in, I however think Glenn would still be in a job had there not been a protest on Saturday.

You also said that Roeder would still be in the job had Allardyce not resigned at Bolton. And continued by saying how Shepherd never plans anything. Hence contradicting yourself ;)

Dont think this all was a coincidence. It's fairly possible Sam was contacted before he left Bolton and was made aware that the job would be available for him. If not then atleast when he resigned we've made contact before getting rid of Roeder.

And I dont think the fans protest drove him out. It was inevitable, the booing etc just made it all happen a bit earlier...

Guest eyeball_tickler

you should also factor in that neither allardyce nor freddy have confirmed anything. it is very likely he'll come here but never assume anything with this club.