When we beat Leicester 7-1 in the promotion season...

Yorkie

what a fucking day,  just under 7 years old at the time and still one of the best days of my life

remember Pav wearing a shirt that said "Pavel is a geordie" during the celebration after the game

Guest eyeball_tickler

Pav and Terry Mac still a vital part of the setup  :lol:

and lee clark

Who was in goal when we beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-2, when Mathie scored that cracking fluke? Was it Tommy Wright?

I'm not having that like. Fucking sublime is the word you were scrambling for. 

Who was in goal when we beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-2, when Mathie scored that cracking fluke? Was it Tommy Wright?

I'm not having that like. f****** sublime is the word you were scrambling for.  

How the fuck that goal never made it on the top 10 goals of September GOTM competition is one of the great disgraces of British Television history.  What an atmosphere it was that neet as well, Pav was in goal.

How the f*** that goal never made it on the top 10 goals of September GOTM competition is one of the great disgraces of British Television history.  What an atmosphere it was that neet as well, Pav was in goal.

Even worse was BBC missing out Venison's goal against Villa from their list, and ITV somehow didn't deem Robert's cracker at Goodison in 2003 a contender.

How the f*** that goal never made it on the top 10 goals of September GOTM competition is one of the great disgraces of British Television history.  What an atmosphere it was that neet as well, Pav was in goal.

Even worse was BBC missing out Venison's goal against Villa from their list, and ITV somehow didn't deem Robert's cracker at Goodison in 2003 a contender.

I can understand Venison's, it was a great goal but he was only 22 yards oot or so, good goal, but if any cunt else scored it no one would've said anything.  Played well in centre midfield that day Barry.  Beardsley's goal doon the Leazes End that game, was absolutely world class, I bet Ehiogu's having nightmares about it now.

Because it was an absolute fluke ffs, backed up by Mathie's utter shitness in general.

Chris Woods  ;)

so yes, a fluke

Am I wrong in thinking this night was the start of the 'dodgy keeper' chant?

Pav should've saved Steve Walsh's goal in that match if my memory serve me right. But who gives a fuck...one of the best matches i've been to that one as a young 7 yr old.

Because it was an absolute fluke ffs, backed up by Mathie's utter shitness in general.

:lol: I thought it was a fluke because of the sheer incredulity on his face as he got off his arse. I remember him scoring some nice little goals, especially one from tight angle at West Ham, but other than that he was pretty shit.

Saw Tony Adams' goal in their title-winning match against Everton on telly last night. Always brings a smiled to my face, even though I'm not an Arsenal fan or owt: never seen a bloke look so happy with himself on a football pitch. :lol: