What if we

Delima

Guest TheOrder

Why do you do these?

Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, probably.

I was plucking for AIDS.

Guest smoggeordie

start a campaign to promote Terry McDermot as our new manager?

Glory Horns kicked you off yet? ;)

Don't even go there:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/jan2005/1/8/00070F3E-5CFC-11F7-967C80BFB6FA0000.jpg

"Terry Mac was the fans choice, and he loves a bit of banter"

Lovely, soft-focus shot there. Looks like an Andrex puppy.

Don't even go there:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/jan2005/1/8/00070F3E-5CFC-11F7-967C80BFB6FA0000.jpg

"Terry Mac was the fans choice, and he loves a bit of banter"

Lovely, soft-focus shot there. Looks like an Andrex puppy.

I'd be locking this thread if it wasn't for this post. :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

Foruth time I've pressed the "New"-button going into the thread without knowing what it's about! Threadnames like these SUCK!

It brings out the suspense does it? And when you click on the thread,its about some ridiculous topic.

Hi Stevie

Seems to be a good man manager Southgate doesn't he?

Skysports

Xavier leaves Boro

By Graeme Bailey -  Created on 8 May 2007

Middlesbrough have confirmed that Abel Xavier has left the club after they failed to agree a new contract with the Portuguese international.

The 34-year-old was in his second spell at The Riverside having served a year-long drugs ban after originally joining in August 2005.

Xavier revealed that he leaves Teesside with a huge fondness for the club.

"I would like to say thank you to Middlesbrough Football Club and to the chairman Steve Gibson, who is a great person, enthusiastic and someone who wants to take the club forward," he told the club's website.

"Thank you also to Keith Lamb [chief executive] and to the manager Gareth Southgate for the support they gave me in my time at Middlesbrough.

"Gareth has my respect as a person and as a coach. We have not reached agreement to extend my contact but I accept that decision. We move in different directions but with mutual respect.

"I would like to say thanks also to the players because they are the most important thing in football and when you realise we spend a lot of time together, we are a family.

"For that reason a special tribute because through good times and bad times the players always support each other. There are different personalities and characters but the most important thing is to all have the same objectives.

"Gareth Southgate is the correct person to take the club forward because he has respect as a person and as a coach.

"That is a great quality because most of the time this does not happen with players that become managers, as they lose respect towards the players.

"When this kind of thing is missing the players do not show respect to the manager but this is not the case with Gareth.

"To the Middlesbrough fans, a special message that they must support the club and stick with Gareth. You have a good chairman who supports the manager. The supporters must be part of the same objective.

"Personally, I would like to say thanks for their support to me because the fans are very passionate about the club and are anxious for success and I hope the club achieves that.

"Middlesbrough Football Club is always going to be a special club to me."

Boro boss Gareth Southgate revealed that the club could not agree terms with Xavier - who is now being strongly linked with a move to America or Asia.

"We have been unable to give Abel the terms he was looking for so Abel has decided to move on for a new opportunity," Southgate told the club's website.

"I am disappointed Abel has decided not to stay with us but I'd like to thank him for his contribution to the club. He always did well when called upon and we wish him all the best."

Southgate is now left with Andrew Davies and Tony McMahon as right backs in his squad, as Stuart Parnaby is set to follow Xavier out of the club this summer - as he is out-of-contract and has also failed to agree fresh terms.