If you were picking from available players now, how many would be safe?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

From what we have available fill out your starting teamwith the players you would deem as safe from the chop:

-----------------------------------------Given----------------------------------------

RB------------------------Taylor---------------CB-----------------------------LB

Milner-------------------Butt-----------------CM------------------------------LM

---------------------------Martins------------Owen--------------------------------

These would be my only certainties in the squad. Anyone else for me is expendable as long as replacements are brought in!

Guest rosstoon

I cannot see Butt featuring much next season. He will be a bit part player at the most. I see him joining Keane at the Mackems anyway

Guest nufc_geordie

I only put him there as for me he was not far behind Milner as player of the season. A highly experienced defensive midfielder is a must to compete at the top level, we have suffered when Parker/Emre, Parker/Dyer, etc. have played together. Butt and Emre for me was the best pairing when Emre had freedom to push forward.