Houllier is interested in Toon job (or not it would now seem)

Skirge

The Treble  :lol:

Probably finished 30 points behind in the league that season.

Uefa cup, F.A cup and league cup i believe. Can anyone confirm?

The Treble  :lol:

Probably finished 30 points behind in the league that season.

Are you actually being serious here?

We haven't had a manager that has achieved anything close to what Houllier did at Liverpool ion about 50 years!!!

if freddy doesnt give him the job, he's a complete idiot, but he's a complete idiot, so it'll be sam

He didnt do much with Liverpool who had better players and resources than weve got and hes already started to dismantle Lyon.

I'd rather have Big Sam.

jackpot - you win a fiver

his liverpool team were a horrible disgrace who had one good season that ended a success largely due to the crazy goalscoring exploits of wee mickey owen when he was unstoppable

the rest of the team were pish and played that way

Guest gggg
Why would you want Big Sam anyway, the man who didn't want to come twice?

Because of what hes achireved, Establishing a second division team as top 8 in the premiership is a bigger achievment than winning the carling cup and Uefa with a club like Liverpool imo.

Benitez, Wenger and Ferguson

Different kettle of fish obviously.

Signed alot of shiite at Pool, had them playing poor football, lost the plot towards the end. Won trophies with them, yes, but im referring to the phase afterwards where Liverpool started to slide instead of improve and he started to look like another useless and derranged manager out of his depth, as weve seen with Roeder.

Like Ranieri, hes damaged goods despite the initial success, hes shown hes not able to handle the pressure, so I would hope we go for something better.

Guest nufc_geordie

They were a squad of players not dissimilar to Newcastle at the time. In fact we were direct rivals for 3,4,5 places. They won five trophies, we won none. Argument settled!

I'm just happy that there is apparently three, what i would call, "top" managers after the job. This doesn't make Freds job any easier but it's a nice problem to have. Watch us end up with Steve Bruce.

He didn't do much at Liverpool?

What did he do? finish 3rd?

Benitez won the champions league with the same sqyad.

Aye just finished 3rd, no trophies or anything..

Didn't he finish second one season?

Houllier could do a good job on the backstage stuff at the club, if he was given the means to do so. After all, he was the guy who reorganised the French coaching system to the effect that they started turning out WC-winning sides and technically excellent players now appearing at clubs all around Europe. How many Frenchmen are playing in the Premiership? Thank Houllier.

I don't know if I really want him, as it goes (yet another ex-Liverpool manager? I'm as sick of them as I am of Chelsea rejects) but if managers of this calibre are genuinely putting their names forward, then Shepherd would be remiss in not hearing what they have to say.

I suspect, though, that these stories are only appearing – via the club's compliant mouthpiece in the local press – in order to give the club some leverage in its negotiations with Allardyce.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

[move]BREAKING NEWS: Andrew Flintoff's agent claims that although no contact has yet been made, his client would "jump at the chance" of taking over as Newcastle boss[/move]

That was my arguement for Houllier. To be fair both of them played a big part in the influx of french players but how many of them were a success at anfield?

Houllier?!?! No thanks....know a few Liverpool fans who hated him, say he ruined their club. Fair enough he won some trophies but they only saw him as taking them backwards. And look at some of his purchases....Cheyrou, Biscan, Le Tallec, Pongolle.....and he spent a hell of a lot of money on these. No thanks.......

That was my arguement for Houllier. To be fair both of them played a big part in teh influx of french players but how many of them were a success at anfield?

But Houllier was at the centre of the development of the like of Gallas, Henry etc through the French youth system before they even came to England to play under Wenger.