Houllier is interested in Toon job (or not it would now seem)

Skirge

Guest thenorthumbrian

Still finished in the champions league qualifying position though!

Why would you want Big Sam anyway, the man who didn't want to come twice? Thats enough of a reason for me not to want him here.

"Big Sam"

A man who has only managed one small club.

A man noted for playing ugly football.

A man who has won nowt.

A man with certain "allegations" still hanging over him- and for which we sacked a coach.

A man who might well walk if the ing-er-land job came up.

A man who would be a huge gamble.

Guest gggg
To be fair both of them played a big part in the influx of french players but how many of them were a success at anfield?

Liverpool are still trying to get rid of em.

If he came here I could see him snapping up Cisse and Le Tallec, and Traore for a laugh.

Houllier?!?! No thanks....know a few Liverpool fans who hated him, say he ruined their club. Fair enough he won some trophies but they only saw him as taking them backwards. And look at some of his purchases....Cheyrou, Biscan, Le Tallec, Pongolle.....and he spent a hell of a lot of money on these. No thanks.......

Do you hate Robson because he bought Cort, Bassedas, Viana & Bramble?

I'd rather have Roeder tbh.  He spent £110m in 3 seasons of his 6 year reign on UTTER dides, like Salif Diao and Titi Camara, and the football the club played was turgid.

Guest TheOrder

Still finished in the champions league qualifying position though!

Why would you want Big Sam anyway, the man who didn't want to come twice? Thats enough of a reason for me not to want him here.

"Big Sam"

A man who has only managed one small club.

A man noted for playing ugly football.

A man who has won nowt.

A man with certain "allegations" still hanging over him- and for which we sacked a coach.

A man who might well walk if the ing-er-land job came up.

A man who would be a huge gamble.

Fuck me with a swordfish.

That was my arguement for Houllier. To be fair both of them played a big part in the influx of french players but how many of them were a success at anfield?

I was talking about what he did as Technical Director of the French FA, rather than as manager of Liverpool. But it's true that Houllier's French imports had nothing like the impact of Wenger's, and his youth policy at the club was criticised for relying too much on young French players who didn't cut it.

Houllier?!?! No thanks....know a few Liverpool fans who hated him, say he ruined their club. Fair enough he won some trophies but they only saw him as taking them backwards. And look at some of his purchases....Cheyrou, Biscan, Le Tallec, Pongolle.....and he spent a hell of a lot of money on these. No thanks.......

If he'd won us three cups in one season we'd be building cathedrals in his fucking honour.

That was my arguement for Houllier. To be fair both of them played a big part in the influx of french players but how many of them were a success at anfield?

I was talking about what he did as Technical Director of the French FA, rather than as manager of Liverpool. But it's true that Houllier's French imports had nothing like the impact of Wenger's, and his youth policy at the club was criticised for relying too much on young French players who didn't cut it.

Haha, sorry mate. Actually, i wasn't aware of his french F.A stuff. If that's his doing, he did a cracking job. Although, i thought Roeder was doing a cracking job with our youth team and he was a shite manager.

Guest teepee

his transfer market dealing have been dodgy at times.....

but is a decent option from what i gather...

He didnt do much with Liverpool who had better players and resources than weve got and hes already started to dismantle Lyon.

I'd rather have Big Sam.

He only won four trophies in a season and he built Lyon up to where they are now. He is only dismantling as you call it, I would call it rebuilding as it is difficult to keep good players in the French league. When players like Essien etc. are snapped up they are difficult to replace in France.

Kicks the arse off Sam for me, get Houllier in Fred.

I wouldn't go that far......it's still Paul Le Guen's 'team' IMO

Guest andynufc84

Absolutely inevitable all these names would be linked, Sam has got the job

if freddy doesnt give him the job, he's a complete idiot, but he's a complete idiot, so it'll be sam

worst post i have ever seen on this forum.

houllier is a waster !  good at lyon, french league with juninho, malouda etc. 

but at liverpool he brought in biscan, djimi troare, diouf, cisse all were flops for liverpool..

how much money did he spend? 

he isnt capable of managing a PL team tbh, our next appointment has to get every ounce out of our existing players, work and buy sensibly in a budget.  Sam is great choice.  you're probably pro-Dowie as well ?

Guest gggg
good at lyon, french league with juninho, malouda etc. 

He's under pressure at Lyon actually. They didnt win for about 9 games earlier this year and went out of the Champions League early, they're way clear in the league but thats a given at Lyon.

Houllier=God forbid

Im glad that he said he didnt want the job.

Houllier never won some big trophy like Benitez did.

He won the Uefa cup with great luck,The FA cup win even bigger luck(two late Owen goals)and the League cup.

Despite this i dont he did anything that should be remembered.

He isnt that good and that great like some people think.

I hope that we go for Sam or Sven

Sven is my man for the job

He's under pressure at Lyon actually. They didnt win for about 9 games earlier this year and went out of the Champions League early, they're way clear in the league but thats a given at Lyon.

Lost the League cup to Bordo too

Another failure

Houllier=God forbid

Im glad that he said he didnt want the job.

Houllier never won some big trophy like Benitez did.

He won the Uefa cup with great luck,The FA cup win even bigger luck(two late Owen goals)and the League cup.

Despite this i dont he did anything that should be remembered.

He isnt that good and that great like some people think.

I hope that we go for Sam or Sven

Sven is my man for the job

You seriously think Liverpool didn't get any luck in winning the Chmpions League?

Lost the League cup to Bordo too

Another failure

Arsenal lost the league cup to Chelsea but you wouldn't turn down Arsene Wenger would you?

Guest gggg
Arsenal lost the league cup to Chelsea but you wouldn't turn down Arsene Wenger would you?

Have Arsenal got the squad and budget of every other club in the league combined?

Guest Gemmill

This entire story has come from the pen of Alan Oliver, who went to sleep last night and woke up this morning convinced that he'd spent yesterday fielding phone calls from international football agents, rather than the reality of picking fluff out of his belly button and avoiding mirrors.  Don't waste your time arguing over whether he's good enough, because he's not even interested.