Sven - Yes or No.

Optimistic Nut
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im sure that 90% of the opinions about Ericksson are based on his job as England manager.

The people who thinks he is an idiot should see his CV and what he has accomplished as club manager.

Guest gggg
Im sure that 90% of the opinions about Ericksson are based on his job as England manager.

I'm 100% sure. Apart from the fact he was a foreigner i doubt many were complaining when he was announced as England manager after what hed achieved.

Do not want Eriksson under any circumstances. Just above Bruce and O'Leary on my lengthy wishlist, below Strachan and Redknapp (and no, I'm not advocating either of those either)

hahaha

Hilarious stuff

I guess Strachan and Redknapp have won the Uefa cup,the Italian league and have reached the final of the Champions league ;D ;D

That way your choice to put them above Ericksson is the right one.

They are some genius people on this forum

Dear God...

Do not want Eriksson under any circumstances. Just above Bruce and O'Leary on my lengthy wishlist, below Strachan and Redknapp (and no, I'm not advocating either of those either)

hahaha

Hilarious stuff

I guess Strachan and Redknapp have won the Uefa cup,the Italian league and have reached the final of the Champions league ;D ;D

Dear God...

Funny you say that - I was just typing a response to your post above about his glittering resume:

The people who thinks he is an idiot should see his CV and what he has accomplished as club manager.

The only serious achievement on his CV is winning the UEFA Cup with IFK Goethenburg 25 years ago.

Success in Portugal must be qualified - look at previous winners in Portugal and it's a three horse race every year in the same way Scotland is a two horse race. Eriksson's success in Portugal is the direct equivalent of Souness' at Rangers.

Success in Italy must be similarly qualified - winning the Italian Cup looks nice on a CV, but it is of lower value than the League Cup in England. Some shite managers have won the League Cup... like Souness! And the scudetto at Lazio is like Dalglish's Premiership at Blackburn - paid for by the owner.

But since you managed his time at England - he managed to make a team that looks pretty damned good on paper look like utter shite on the green stuff. Sure his stats look good, but look deeper, at the performances, and the unfulfilled potential, the tactical niavety and the favouritism showed to certain "stars"

He is the worst of the 3 options but beyond him I cant see who, realistically we could get so because of that I would take him.

The frightening prospect could be that FFS would push Shearer to take the job

hahaha

Hilarious stuff

Dear God...

Funny you say that - I was just typing a response to your post above about his glittering resume:

The only serious achievement on his CV is winning the UEFA Cup with IFK Goethenburg 25 years ago.

Success in Portugal must be qualified - look at previous winners in Portugal and it's a three horse race every year in the same way Scotland is a two horse race. Eriksson's success in Portugal is the direct equivalent of Souness' at Rangers.

Success in Italy must be similarly qualified - winning the Italian Cup looks nice on a CV, but it is of lower value than the League Cup in England. Some shite managers have won the League Cup... like Souness! And the scudetto at Lazio is like Dalglish's Premiership at Blackburn - paid for by the owner.

But since you managed his time at England - he managed to make a team that looks pretty damned good on paper look like utter shite on the green stuff. Sure his stats look good, but look deeper, at the performances, and the unfulfilled potential, the tactical niavety and the favouritism showed to certain "stars"

He reached the final of the Champions league with Benfica in 1990.

I dont think Houllier has ever achieved anything like this.Im not mentioning Allardyce cause he is still waiting for his first trophy as manager.

Also comparing the Portugal league with the Scotish league is pure stupidity.

I think the Portugal league is way too strong then the Scotish.I'll mention only that Porto had won the Champions league and the Uefa Cup.

Ericksson also won the European Cup Winners' Cup with Lazio

Ultimately he has won trophies at every club he has worked at club level

YOU CANT UNDERESTIMATE SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

I dont think Houllier has ever achieved anything like this.Im not mentioning Allardyce cause he is still waiting for his first trophy as manager.

I think the Portugal league is way too strong then the Scotish.I'll mention only that Porto had won the Champions league and the Uefa Cup.

I compared Portugal to Scotland on the basis of "closed shop", not strength of the league.

I've read in other threads where you consistently say you claim Eriksson would be perfect yet turn your nose up at Houllier. Indeed you had the audacity to say Houllier was lucky to win the UEFA Cup - but I'm sure Goethenburg's IFK weren't lucky to win, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not continuing this debate with you - a wiser man than me once said "Never debate with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience"

But please stop spamming the board with this Eriksson shite. Oliver might read it, then tell Shepherd and then we've got the third abortion of a manager in a row

I compared Portugal to Scotland on the basis of "closed shop", not strength of the league.

I've read in other threads where you consistently say you claim Eriksson would be perfect yet turn your nose up at Houllier. Indeed you had the audacity to say Houllier was lucky to win the UEFA Cup - but I'm sure Goethenburg's IFK weren't lucky to win, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not continuing this debate with you - a wiser man than me once said "Never debate with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience"

But please stop spamming the board with this Eriksson shite. Oliver might read it, then tell Shepherd and then we've got the third abortion of a manager in a row

That is coming from a man who thinks Strachan and Redknapp are better then Ericksson ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hilarious

That is coming from a man who thinks Strachan and Redknapp are better then Ericksson ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hilarious

I know English isn't your first language, but seriously. I say I won't continue to debate with an idiot such as yourself and then choose to respond in a manner which forces me to respond to your stupidity simply to dumb down what I was saying into bite-sized pieces for you.

Read my quote - Eriksson is below Strachan and Redknapp on my personal wishlist. I never said they were better, I said I would rather either of those be appointed as NUFC manager.

Ironic that you chastise NE5 and HTL for putting words into other people's mouths then do exactly the same thing.

No.

Apart from Lazio, about which I've heard he spent a massive amount and left them in a state, his successes prior to that were all a very, very long time ago.

Benfica in the European Cup final (lost it anyway, plus we know as well as any that one cup run does not make a summer... or something) is all well and good but Howard Wilkinson has won the English league more recently than that ffs.