Who would YOU choose to be our next manger?

Guest SeattleToon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest SeattleToon

Seems like we've got a zillion different thread about different potential managers. Since only one person can become our next manager, let's start a straight poll about who people would choose.

Guest makemeacupoftea

How many threads about managers are we going to have?

Ericksson is our man for the job

i can't beleive im agreeing with you!

Guest JoeVols

Why are people so down on Sven?  He's won trophies everywhere domestically, and compared to Mac, did very well with England (sorry English, but your quality on the squad is vastly overrated....the quarterfinals was a good result for you).

Allardyce would be ok, but would bore you to tears.  I think Sven is a more gifted manager.

i can't beleive im agreeing with you!

;D ;D

No he isn't, Allardyce is.

Aye,because Allardyce has won so many trophies in his career and has reached so many finals in his career

Great.

Guest JamesD

trophies are irrelevant. i don;t know much about svens career, but accomplishing things with a budget isn't nearly as difficult as what sam has accomplished at bolton. Souness won plenty of trophies, but he was complete shit.  Bolton have now become legitimate contenders for champions league football, which is an amazing accomplishment for a club of their size. I would love to see what allardyce can do a team like NUFC.

Also, when sven had a team like england, with a fairly good player pool to choose from, they still played boring football. they weren't even good at it either.

Guest elbee909

I think we'll definitely be away for our next manger, and there'll be no crib for a bed.

Why do people fail to see the connection that sometimes winning trophies isn't the only criteria of a good manager?

What did Shearer win in his career? Does the fact that someone like Cygan or O'Shea have probably won more mean they are better players?

Why do people fail to see the connection that sometimes winning trophies isn't the only criteria of a good manager?

If you went by trophies, Souness would be in the same class as O'Neill.

SBR would have been a complete failure at Newcastle....

trophies are irrelevant. i don;t know much about svens career, but accomplishing things with a budget isn't nearly as difficult as what sam has accomplished at bolton. Souness won plenty of trophies, but he was complete shit.  Bolton have now become legitimate contenders for champions league football, which is an amazing accomplishment for a club of their size. I would love to see what allardyce can do a team like NUFC.

Also, when sven had a team like england, with a fairly good player pool to choose from, they still played boring football. they weren't even good at it either.

1.Football is about wining and wining trophies is the most important thing in football and the ultimate goal.

2.Ericksson had alot of money to spend only at Lazio.Before that i doubt that he had big budget considering that he managed teams in the early 90's and mid 90's.The point is that he accomplished things in his previous clubs without any big budgets.

3.Agree that Allardyce has done superb job at Bolton but he is hardly proved himself at the big clubs unlike Ericksson who is in the managerial business for 20 years and also has won tropies with every club he managed(only without Fiorentina)

He won the Uefa Cup,European Cup Winners' Cup,reached the final of the Champions league,won the Scudeto with Lazio and other not so important trophies

4.Souness won most of his useless trophies at Scotland(4 league titles and 4 league cups i think).With Liverpool he only won the FA cup.With Galatasaray he won the Turkish Cup and Turkish Super Cup.And with Blackburn he won the League cup.He failed to win things at Southamton,Benfica and Newcastle so basically he won trophies with half of the teams he managed.Also Ericksson's trophies are far more significant then Souness's.So your comparison between Ericksson and Souness is not that accurate.

5.Ericksson played boring football with England but so did Allardyce with Bolton.At the end of the day Ericksson record as England manager is more then impressive and in 5 years as manager he lost only 10 games.Also at the big tournaments England lost 2 times from Portugal on penalties so you cant say that Ericksson really did a bad job as manager because at penalties Brazil can lose against Iraq.Its pure luck.Its not like England were humiliated by some team or something like this.

What did Shearer win in his career? Does the fact that someone like Cygan or O'Shea have probably won more mean they are better players?

We are talking about managers here not players

If you went by trophies, Souness would be in the same class as O'Neill.

SBR would have been a complete failure at Newcastle....

He won the Uefa cup and the FA cup with Ipswich.Also he won the European Cup Winners' Cup with Barca

That is good achievement imo and thats not all of his trophies won

Guest greeny

Now that Houllier has thrown his hat in the ring shouldn't Freddy step back and consider his options. A: A man who has a proven track record at major clubs both in England and the contintent, comes with a get out clause in his contract and no apperent baggage, so more money in the war fund. Or

B: A man who his currently under investigation by the FA, has dubious ethics regarding agents, comes with an immeadiate compensation claim and is not renowend for his style of football. It's fine his ex cohorts popping out of the woodwork to offer support trying to weasel thier way into a back room post but does anyone truly believe the BS they are shovelling at us. PS Sven thanks but no thanks.

Now that Houllier has thrown his hat in the ring shouldn't Freddy step back and consider his options. A: A man who has a proven track record at major clubs both in England and the contintent, comes with a get out clause in his contract and no apperent baggage, so more money in the war fund. Or

B: A man who his currently under investigation by the FA, has dubious ethics regarding agents, comes with an immeadiate compensation claim and is not renowend for his style of football. It's fine his ex cohorts popping out of the woodwork to offer support trying to weasel thier way into a back room post but does anyone truly believe the BS they are shovelling at us. PS Sven thanks but no thanks.

come back when you looked at liverpool transfer dealings at liverpool

then consider .. A:  he is france, taking over a superb le guen team.  which he is also on the way to ruin.

then you can see why we AREN'T apparently interested.

I personally would love a Djribil Cisse, OR omg, omg an igor biscan.. no, no im being silly Salif fucking Daio

thats the shit right there

SAM