Dave Whelan - Getting on my tits tbh

Guest graemeh72

Guest graemeh72

Dave Whelan is back in the papers today demanding to see Tevez paperwork...and tbh he's really getting my goat

"look Dave, I know that  its a pisser about West Ham and Tevez, but I honestly think that you need to sort out your own problems first and work out how you've only got 35 points with 1 game to play.

You knew in August that 38 points would send you down - so shut up about Tevez and West Ham and concentrate on beating Sheff Utd if you want to stay up."

Tit

Guest Gemmill

Aye, I can understand his gripe to an extent, and I think West Ham should probably have had some sort of points deduction, but like you say if you've got 35 points with a game to play, you're always going to be in trouble.  That's Wigan's big problem, not Tevez.

Aye he is not the one that has killed their season, everyone said at the time when Westham got those two that the whole deal seemed very dodgy indeed but Wigan are grasping at straws here to try and survive.

Personaly I want to see the Hammers go down, then I want us to sign Tevez!

Points deductions or relegations are the normal consequences of fielding ineligible players. That's true throughout the divisions.

I think in West Ham's case, they knew that if they deducted points, West Ham would appeal and things would possibly get dragged through the courts. The start of next season may have been disrupted by no-one knowing who'd been relegated. I reckon they took the easy option of a large fine because they knew West Ham wouldn't appeal it.

Both Wigan and Sheffield Utd are suing West Ham...Will be interesting to see what happens on sunday. Could they play out a 0-0 at half time and if they know the Hammers are getting gubbed then a 'gentlemans agreement' could be reached to let Wigan win 1-0 sending West Ham down on goal difference  :cheesy:

Bit far fetched i know but it would cause chaos!  O0

Dave Whelan is the answer to the question nobody asked. He has an opinion on absolutely everything, even stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with Wigan. No suprise that he wont shut his gob when something that actually affects him is in the news. Even if he was right on this issue (Which he isn't), got to wonder why he's in the papers asking to see the paperwork instead of asking WH or the FA? I think its probably because he's an over-opinionated egotistical twat. Can't wait to see the back of him and his shitty little league one outfit.

Come on Colin, do us all a favour on Sunday  :laugh:

As much as the West Ham punishment is controversial, Whelan and Co can have no complaints about the fact they've bombed this season.

They were at least 5 points ahead of the Hammers when the Premier League decision was announced - whose fault is it that they are now below them?

Guest Steven_MB

The problem wasn't with the player regestration, just ownership being undeclared, untill New management declared it, I figure financial breaking of rules= financial penalty.

• 1 year later...

Wigan chairman Whelan: I don't dislike Ashley and I want Newcastle to stay up

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan insists he doesn't want to see Newcastle United relegated.

Whelan is no fan of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, but says: "Newcastle are such a big club, it would be a crying shame if they go down.

"They've got a wonderful, wonderful set of supporters.

"I can't imagine them going down. I know it's happened before, but I sincerely hope they don't go down.

"I think West Brom are already down. Middlesbrough and Newcastle look very, very likely, which is a shame because it's so awful fighting relegation in the Premier League.

"I'm very sorry for any club that goes down. It's heartbreaking."

Whelan played down his spat with Ashley, who has also clashed with the Wigan man in the business world.

"I don't dislike Mike Ashley," he told Sky Sports. "I think he's a very, very shrewd businessman.

"I get on very well with him actually, we've had one or two good nights out."