Next Manager

Guest Lee-Mus

Guest Lee-Mus

I keep hearing about Big Sam being dead cert to get the job, WHY, Bolton played unattractive long ball shite football.  Newcastle used to play good attractive passing, attacking football.  Sod Big Sam lets get in a foreigner like Sven or Gerard.  Both managers have good past records at CLUB(not international level).  Both have managed teams to victory and both have been very successful.

Im in favour of a foreign manager NOT Big Sam. 

Come on Freddy get this one right we have only been waiting for about 10 years.

Even if this is only just another "New Manager- lolwtfbbq?" thread among the many. I have to say I do support the idea of a foreign manager rather than Big Sam. My favourite would have been Trond Sollied, as he practically never changes his view on playing attacking football. And I would love an attacking Newcastle side rather than a Newcastle focusing on long passes, hoping that the ball ends with a player in black and white.

Though I can't really think of any other manager being appointed than Big Sam after all this media focus on him.

Guest Lee-Mus

I'm glad someone shares my view as well.  I'd like to see Sven myself as he has a very good record with club teams

Even if this is only just another "New Manager- lolwtfbbq?" thread among the many. I have to say I do support the idea of a foreign manager rather than Big Sam. My favourite would have been Trond Sollied, as he practically never changes his view on playing attacking football. And I would love an attacking Newcastle side rather than a Newcastle focusing on long passes, hoping that the ball ends with a player in black and white.

This is the second time I've seen Sollied mentioned here, and while I like his football and think he's a great coach, I'm not so sure he speaks English fluently. Do you think Kieron Dyer will respect someone who speaks with a thick accent? Also, he's a strict 4-3-3 guy.

This is the second time I've seen Sollied mentioned here, and while I like his football and think he's a great coach, I'm not so sure he speaks English fluently. Do you think Kieron Dyer will respect someone who speaks with a thick accent? Also, he's a strict 4-3-3 guy.

He is a norwegian manager. Having managed in belgium, and greece, i think its safe to say that his English isnt a problem ;)

I know he's a Norwegian manager (I have a Norwegian player, and a Swedish referee, in my avatar), but I remember him speaking at a press conference once, I believe it was when he took over Olympiacos, and his accent was fairly thick. Considering that a few Newcastle players lack a professional attitude, I think this might be a problem.

I know he's a Norwegian manager (I have a Norwegian player, and a Swedish referee, in my avatar), but I remember him speaking at a press conference once, I believe it was when he took over Olympiacos, and his accent was fairly thick. Considering that a few Newcastle players lack a professional attitude, I think this might be a problem.

yeah, fair point. That might prove to be true. But if he can make himself understood, as he should, i dont think it would have been a problem.

for your avatar. i can get you a Ham-Kam one!:)