I can't really think of another club that will make a challenge on the top 4.

Parky

Guest shearer_united

With more money to spend, i can't see why not Everton can't penetrate the "top 4"

how many negatives do u have in this sentence... what are u saying?

mind my english.. i'm saying Everton have a very good chance of being in the top 4 if they have more money to spend.

Old threads being bumped...isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. Bringing this thread up to date, I think Spurs look like they mean business. They are spending big and already have quality players and a well rated manager.

Old threads being bumped...isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. Bringing this thread up to date, I think Spurs look like they mean business. They are spending big   pissing away loads of money and already have quality players   selling their best player and a well rated   journey-man manager.

:kasper:

Old threads being bumped...isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. Bringing this thread up to date, I think Spurs look like they mean business. They are spending big   pissing away loads of money and already have quality players   selling their best player and a well rated   journey-man manager.

:kasper:

You forgot to add they are points-wise not much better than us in any case currently.

Top 4 is unlikely for ANY Club outside it already(in the foreseeable future, which is not very long in Football..!)

However, I think it is possible for NUFC to make top 7 under the right manager NEXT season.

DON'T think they will finish higher than Spurs or Villa - both those clubs have more stability that NUFC, and I remain convinced that O'Neill will produce  a much better side next season.

Whether its Allardyce or anyone else, there is masses of work to do at SJP - the Bookies' odds on Relegation for the club(8/1)tell you that, and it will take the new boss a couple of years to put right even half of the damage Souness & Roeder have left(courtesy of the Chairman).

In addition, I will be surprised if we even have the 25m that the Mackems are reputedly giving Keane to spend, so getting the players the new guy will want will not be easy.

Its now the time that the Piper has to be paid, and unfortunately, it will be the fans picking up the tab...

Never saw this topic before now. Was reading the first post as if this was a new topic and it made sense until "MON is not as good as Big Sam"

It's crazy how things that were debate worthy a year ago are completely absurd now.

Goddamn, Sam was shocking.

I posted the a/m comments over a year ago - at that time, we didn't know Allardyce was to be manager and if I am honest, I probably wouldn't have retracted my comment about possibly making Top 7 even if I HAD known(I don't think anyone would have predicted the disaster Allardyce perpetrated..).

However, these same comments could now be applied to the COMING season - even though I expect there will be more money for KK to spend than 25m.

My comments about Villa & Spurs stand true today and you can add Everton to that list - I think we will have a hell of a job to finish higher than any of these 3 clubs, so 8th is probably the best we can reasonably expect next season ; anything better is a bonus.

Never saw this topic before now. Was reading the first post as if this was a new topic and it made sense until "MON is not as good as Big Sam"

It's crazy how things that were debate worthy a year ago are completely absurd now.

Goddamn, Sam was shocking.

Never ever believed that Sam was fit to lace O'Neill's boots - shows how wildly optimistic and gullible some people are....

We were all wildly optimistic, I think. Sometimes that seems like all there is to supporting this club.

I thought Sam was going to be the man too, though. "Sam will come in and sort out all the problems in the locker room. He'll teach Milner to cross and the fitness coaches and sports scientists will keep Owen out of the hospital!"

Then the team started to actually play and it was just...man.  :nope: