Owen named in England B squad

Skirge

It's the Lennon >>>>>>>>> Milner argument that i just can't understand. Lennon's done nothing to demand a place in England squad's over Milner. The only time i've seen Lennon actually make a proper impact for England, was against Portugal in the World Cup. Never seen him play particularly well other than that.

Seems to me that a bit of pace is enough to build you up, and rest all the nation's future hopes on. Because he's certainly not there on merit.

Lennon has provided more end product than milner in less games this season, then there's the fact that his approach play is miles better than milner's, due to his sheer pace. he's quite simply a better player.

Guest Triglett

I'd definitely have Bentley in the full squad, for sure.

I think Lennon's suffered from the greater exposure more than anything. He's had FAR more end product than last season, scoring more goals, with something like 15 assists for the season. And he's been playing on the left since October - a tough ask considering he hadn't played there before this season, and he hasn't got a left foot to speak of. It'll benefit him in the long run, but maybe it's not the right time for England. Been a frustrating period for him recently.

People

Suprised no body mentioned anything about Phil Jagielka  getting a call up :lol:

Joleon Lescott , Nicky Shorey, are intresting names to see in an England jersey

Even Alan Smith is back with this squad

No suprise to me that Jagielka has been called up, looked impressive when I have seen him and looks like the type of character that will drag his team through games.

Guest Magpiecn

I'm nice to see Shorey in the squad.Reading's success in this season is not only Doyle, Sidwell or others in attack,but also Shorey and Ingimarsson in defence.

• 4 years later...