Young players you loved who turned out to be utter sh*t

Guest posadageordie

Ameobi. Loved him when he was coming up the ranks, still like him despite how s*** he is. Just wish he would agree to a move so he could do the club a final service.

http://www.xportsnews.com/Portals/0/%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EB%B8%94%EB%A1%9C%EA%B1%B0/%ED%8C%8D.jpg

Park Chu-Young(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Joo-Young). Korean lad that nobody on here probably knows or cares about, but I still have to mention him because I go on the obligatory rant whenever I have the chance. Was all the rage in 2004 when he single-handedly bum raped all opposition at the U-20 Asian Championships and had a very good tournament at the U-20 World Championships. Honestly thought we had our own Wayne Rooney coming up, but basically went bonkers over all the media pressure and had a wicked niggly injury that hurt his pace and confidence.

Ferguson was apparently a big fan and wanted to buy him in the summer of 2006 but he had such a s*** World Cup that it killed the interest. Naturally, that torpedoed his confidence even more and now he struggles to score against the likes of Jordan and Turkmenistan.

Still does the business for my hometown club, so I still like him, but I don't think I've ever seen so much potential go down the drain. He literally had everything: pace, talent, technique, positioning, instinct in the box... All gone to naught because he just couldn't take the media pressure and as far as I can tell, doesn't really enjoy being a professional footballer anymore. Some really fantastic stuff on Youtube if anyone would like to bother.

....That rant went on a lot longer than I thought it would.

He has been linked more than once to a move to Newcastle United, who have quoted him to be the next "Jimmy Greaves".

On May 20th 2008, it is being reported that Sunderland A.F.C have shown greater interest in getting Park. It is thought that FC Seoul could be willing to sell Park for £4 million.

From his Wiki article  ???

Ameobi. Loved him when he was coming up the ranks, still like him despite how s*** he is. Just wish he would agree to a move so he could do the club a final service.

http://www.xportsnews.com/Portals/0/%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EB%B8%94%EB%A1%9C%EA%B1%B0/%ED%8C%8D.jpg

Park Chu-Young(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Joo-Young). Korean lad that nobody on here probably knows or cares about, but I still have to mention him because I go on the obligatory rant whenever I have the chance. Was all the rage in 2004 when he single-handedly bum raped all opposition at the U-20 Asian Championships and had a very good tournament at the U-20 World Championships. Honestly thought we had our own Wayne Rooney coming up, but basically went bonkers over all the media pressure and had a wicked niggly injury that hurt his pace and confidence.

Ferguson was apparently a big fan and wanted to buy him in the summer of 2006 but he had such a s*** World Cup that it killed the interest. Naturally, that torpedoed his confidence even more and now he struggles to score against the likes of Jordan and Turkmenistan.

Still does the business for my hometown club, so I still like him, but I don't think I've ever seen so much potential go down the drain. He literally had everything: pace, talent, technique, positioning, instinct in the box... All gone to naught because he just couldn't take the media pressure and as far as I can tell, doesn't really enjoy being a professional footballer anymore. Some really fantastic stuff on Youtube if anyone would like to bother.

....That rant went on a lot longer than I thought it would.

He has been linked more than once to a move to Newcastle United, who have quoted him to be the next "Jimmy Greaves".

On May 20th 2008, it is being reported that Sunderland A.F.C have shown greater interest in getting Park. It is thought that FC Seoul could be willing to sell Park for £4 million.

From his Wiki article  ???

Even Peter Andre can manage that

Marc Walton was very highly regarded. I was on a training camp in Newcastle back in 2003, and his (Walton's) father was our bus driver for the week. When we first met him (the father) at the harbour, Jimmy Neill (who was some sort of head of education at the academy) was with him and he was on about this Walton kid that was supposed to be fantastic. Didn't turn out that way unfortunately...anyway we had a splendid experience in Newcastle during the camp and all credit to Mr. Neill for setting it all up.

Dyer wasn't/isn't shit. We were a much better side when he was in it.

I still don't rate him at all, but to think we replaced him with fucking Smith is criminal.

he struggles to score against the likes of Jordan

Even Peter Andre can manage that

Jokes fail when you have to wiki twice just to get the punchline.

I can't be held responsible for your lack of 'celebrity' knowledge

I also can't believe I have refered to Peter Andre as a celebrity

Guest Jawesome

I'll never forget THAT transfer.  Wasn't it the one that broke Shearer's 15 Million record?

I remember seeing Anthony Le Tallec (the player who ended up at Liverpool and has actually just left them) at St James Park playing for France against England in a youth tournament about 5 years ago and he was by far the best young player I've ever seen, just head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I really thought I'd seen a Zidane in the making.

I suppose he's done OK but no where near what I thought he would do. I remember reading when he went to Liverpool that Wenger was gutted about losing out and once or twice I've wondered what would happened if he had of went to Arsenal.

Marc Walton was very highly regarded. I was on a training camp in Newcastle back in 2003, and his (Walton's) father was our bus driver for the week. When we first met him (the father) at the harbour, Jimmy Neill (who was some sort of head of education at the academy) was with him and he was on about this Walton kid that was supposed to be fantastic. Didn't turn out that way unfortunately...anyway we had a splendid experience in Newcastle during the camp and all credit to Mr. Neill for setting it all up.

jimmy nelson?

walton couldnt even get a game for west allotment (local part time non league team) last season.

i believe he has rapped in to start boxing?

michael ricketts, as an example of how someones' stock can fall so low, from 15 goals by feb of his debut premiership season and an england call up, to dropping through the divisions to league one and now being a free agent at the age of 29. all in 6 years too