Big Phil Interested?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

From the mirror.....don't believe it too much but if there was a grain of truth I would ditch the other contenderd and make Big Phil no. 1 priority.

BIG PHIL EYES TOON

By Alan Nixon 11/05/2007

BIG Phil Scolari has emerged as a shock late rival for Sam Allardyce in the race to become the next Newcastle manager.

While Allardyce is still favourite for the job, Brazilian Scolari's agents have been in touch with the Toon in the past few days to discuss a possible move to the Premiership.

Scolari snubbed England a year ago when Sven Goran Eriksson quit. But Scolari, who is still under contract with Portugal, would match the demands being made of chairman Freddy Shepherd to make a 'sexy' appointment.

Shepherd would rather not bring in a foreigner, but the availability of a World Cup winner would give any chairman reason to reconsider. A move for Allardyce is opposed by some figures within the club although he has been the firm favourite for the post since Glenn Roeder was forced to resign last weekend.

Allardyce will wait to see if the Newcastle interest turns into a formal offer - and that he is given the right funds to turn round the Geordie outfit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

i wish

Still Big Sam for me. Big Phil would just be here for a pension top up

Guest nufc_geordie

And the reason Big Sam is coming is..........(You surely haven't already forgotten that he has rejected a position here twice previously?)

Guest Ridzuan

Ill be happy with Big Phil.Hes not a bad coach either,but to be safe,its better to choose Big Sam.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd love that if it were true...

But didn't Scolari reject England because he didn't like the way the media works over here? If that's the case I can't see him wanting to come to the most slagged off club in the Premiership (not counting Chelski and their twat of a manager).

Guest Gemmill

He stayed at Shepherd shouse last time around.

I wouldn't bet against it happening.

Shepherd and Phil Scolari had a slumber party? :lol:  PILLOW FIGHT!!111