Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Guest Taylor

I feel for the guy like. It was painful watching him play before the goal but he will come good I really think he will.

I feel for the guy like. It was painful watching him play before the goal but he will come good I really think he will.

By that, u mean that he played poorly barring the goal?

Guest nufc1984

No doubt the Luque knockers will say its only a testimonial :roll:

But IMO, u can only eat whats in front of you. Anyway how was his overall play?

He did well, took his goal well, I think he can be a hit here next season

Guest nufc16

given the amount of chances roeder gave him towards the end of the season, i highly doubt he'll be here much longer.

Guest Taylor

Like you said you can only eat what is in front of you. He looked a bit unsure at times and im a big fan of the lad I really am. After the goal he seemed more at easy, like at Sunderland so I honestly believe it is all confidence and when he gets it all back he will be able to do it for  us. Come on Luque lad!

No doubt the Luque knockers will say its only a testimonial :roll:

But IMO, u can only eat whats in front of you. Anyway how was his overall play?

He did well, took his goal well, I think he can be a hit here next season

Glad we're on the same side, now I'm sure I'll get the http link bluewink.gif

But like nufc16 said, based on what Roeder has done so far, looks fairly sure that we'll offload him to the first bidder on a cheap :mad:

However lazy, laid back, inactive, passive Luque is, he always looks a (or more than 1) class above Ameobi and Chorpra.

Now he has upgraded his workrate, I am optimistic that Roeder will keep him for a while at least.

Guest Taylor

I don't think it is lazy, laid back or anything like that which spoils his game he just looks so unsure about things. I think he needs someone beside him to give him that bit of guidence for 2-3 matches and he will be superb. I think the whole souness mockery of the team has had a longer lasting effect on some players more than others.

Scored again today.

The guy definitely deserves another chance.

He took his goal well but on every other occasion shinned the ball away, fell over or was brushed off the ball with ease.

A bit like every time he's played really.

Scored again today.

The guy definitely deserves another chance.

He took his goal well but on every other occasion shinned the ball away, fell over or was brushed off the ball with ease.

A bit like every time he's played really.

Is that really true Matt, not an exaggeration? coz others seems to say that he did quite well. I dont know coz I didnt see the match, so I'll leave it to the rest to confirm your opinion

From what I have seen - he is easily dispossesed and is slow. Now the first point might be a confidence thing or his fear of the physical English game or whatever, but the fact that he has shown the same amount of pace as a 35 year old Shearer tells me we should get rid of him.

A nice lad I am sure, and yes he seemed to make it work in Spain, but he just does not fit. Without pace and confidence he has little to offer. Our money would be better used getting in a young brash (even over-confident type) that has lots of pace.

Is that really true Matt, not an exaggeration? coz others seems to say that he did quite well. I dont know coz I didnt see the match, so I'll leave it to the rest to confirm your opinion

No, it's true.

Every time he comes on I hope he suddenly shows why he cost £10m and has all those Spain caps, but once again he looked lost, disinterested and unable to do anything with the ball in build-up.

Guest TheOrder

He did well. This thread will just turn into a anti-Luque wankfests.

I was there tonight, perfect view and he did well.

Guest smoggeordie

Brilliant finish, and some neat touches and good runs off the ball. Very good IMO considering he has barely been given a chance.