Owen/Bellamy swap?

Crumpy Gunt

Stranger things have happened.

Both apparently want out and getting a player of Bellamys quality/age must surely take the edge off Owen well and truly shitting on us any day now. Also Bellamy playing off Martins where as Owen and Martins will never work - both being a 'main' striker.

Bellamy + £3m?  Snap there hand off.

Think Martins' performances this season have made it clear that he is by no means a 'main' striker. He's naff inside the box.

Owen and Martins might still work. You've seen it twice. Under a shite manager, with one off form and one having not played for 14 months.

And absolutely no idea where you got the idea that Martins wants out.

Pants attempt at a wind-up, try again. :rolleyes:

Both apparently want out and getting a player of Bellamys quality/age must surely take the edge off Owen well and truly shitting on us any day now. Also Bellamy playing off Martins where as Owen and Martins will never work - both being a 'main' striker.

Bellamy is a few months younger and is of inferior quality to Owen. If both truly want out then it wouldn't be a bad swap but as it is I'd much rather have Owen.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Owen is going to go, i would take 6million plus Bellamy.

Would rather Owen stayed but its out of NUFCs hands!

nah

Also consider that Shearer is not in NUFC'S plans in the near future.

considering......

....nah.

I hope people understand that Owen isn't the walking sicknote he's made out to be.  Two freakish injuries back to back have kept him out for two years.  Freakish.  As in not-Dyeresque. 

He puts one in every other game when healthy against any opposition.  Bellamy doesn't.  Owen for me, end of. 

Think Martins' performances this season have made it clear that he is by no means a 'main' striker. He's naff inside the box.

Owen and Martins might still work. You've seen it twice. Under a s**** manager, with one off form and one having not played for 14 months.

where does he say martins wants out like????

I hope people understand that Owen isn't the walking sicknote he's made out to be.  Two freakish injuries back to back have kept him out for two years.  Freakish.  As in not-Dyeresque. 

He puts one in every other game when healthy against any opposition.  Bellamy doesn't.  Owen for me, end of. 

The quality of the players isn't the issue - ideally we all know Owen is the man.

The point being they both apparently want out of their respective clubs and a swap could be as good a deal for both clubs as it could get.

Owen and Martins might still work. You've seen it twice. Under a s**** manager, with one off form and one having not played for 14 months.

where does he say martins wants out like????

*Owen.

definitely

I think if we lose owen, to make it as positive as possible, we need to replace him with a player suited to play with martins - i dont think bellamy is.

Sell Owen and get Huntelaar

Aye, sell off a proven world class goalscorer in this division - replacing him with a raw and unproven foreigner with a hyperinflated price.

Guest Magpiecn

IF Owen go, Bellamy will be a good replacement,even will be better .Actually I dont blame him for what he did before.At SBR's time, I rellay liked bellamy.Im not sure wheather Owen can really become fix after such injury,and wheather he will get injured again.