Bruce Arena to takeover?

Decky

Red Bulls coach Bruce Arena is being lined up by English Premiership side Newcastle United to take over control of the struggling club.

Arena is seen as the man to take the club forward in a ground breaking change of direction.

Arena who has only coached the Red Bulls since August 2006 has been in talks with the United consorteum in a secret UK location since yesterday and advisors were quoted as being very optomistic towards an outcome. Arena has managed a number of former Premiership stars including Claudio Reyna and Juan Pablo Angel and is known to be a huge admirer of the United Kingdom.

Arena, former US head coach is set to take over the club at the end of the English Premiership season on Sunday following Uniteds last match against fellow North East strugglers Watford City. Arena, known for his fast talking and no nonsense approach to management is expected to carry out a blow out within the club clearing out many of the big name stars including England star Michael Owen in favour of bringing in his own players. Angel is expected to be the first player to follow Arena across the Atlantic.

Red Bulls fans were less enthusiastic about the move, many feeling that Arena has let down the club by moving so early into his contract and after the sterling work he carried out for the National side taking them to the brink of the World Cup final he was seen as the coach to propel the club to the top of the worldwide rankings. Red Bulls Chairman Phil Anschutz was unavilable for comment yesterday

http://us-nn.com/sports/more_sports/2007/05/10/2007-05-10_arena_in_united_talks.html

Got me thinking though....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_soccerblog/2007/04/manchester_city.html

That was from a couple of weeks ago.  This paper is a tabloid who have no interest or clue about Premiership football, but if Arena was actually in the UK, it could more realistically have been as part of this proposed American takeover of City. 

"Arena, former US head coach is set to take over the club at the end of the English Premiership season on Sunday following Uniteds last match against fellow North East strugglers Watford City. Arena, known for his fast talking and no nonsense approach to management is expected to carry out a blow out within the club clearing out many of the big name stars including England star Michael Owen in favour of bringing in his own players. Angel is expected to be the first player to follow Arena across the Atlantic."

That paragraph completely disproves anything the jounalist says. Obviously knows nothing about football.

Guest Geordiesned

I can't believe a lot of you even think this is a genuine article! :lol:

Greg you should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:

I said 'made up shite'....

That indicates that I didn't think it was genuine man!

Guest Geordiesned

I said 'made up shite'....

So why question who "Watford City" are then? ;)

I said 'made up s****'....

So why question who "Watford City" are then? ;)

Just pointing it out as one of many reasons why this article is 'made up s****'!!

Or you can blame it on the stupid amount of drugs currently in my body.