Excited? Hopeful? Consider this...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

You all know my feelings but one point I'd just like to make which is another exciting prospect, for me anyway, is the fact with Big Sam nothing is certain, everything is up in the air. We can't really safely say who will go, who will come in, which type of player he will want to sign, even how we'll play and lineup, we just don't know. What is also potentially exciting is the arrival of backroom team staff which could range from Gary Speed potentially to the fella at Carlisle. Under Souness and Roeder it was all predictable the moment they signed on the dotted line, with the biggest certainty being failuire and something about tears. *Happy days are around the corner, I can sense it.  :thup:

*Hopefully anyway... I add as a seasoned Toon supporter.

Guest Knightrider

Fuck off, been a distinct lack of threads from me these past few months.

I have tons in post-post mode, will save them for another day though ;)

Dont knock the lad.

For a while we have had nothing to be positive about... we appear to now have something to look forward to. Lets enjoy it and look forward for a change.

Exactly. Enjoy it while it lasts it doesn't usually last for long.  ;)

You all know my feelings but one point I'd just like to make which is another exciting prospect, for me anyway, is the fact with Big Sam nothing is certain, everything is up in the air. We can't really safely say who will go, who will come in, which type of player he will want to sign, even how we'll play and lineup, we just don't know. What is also potentially exciting is the arrival of backroom team staff which could range from Gary Speed potentially to the fella at Carlisle. Under Souness and Roeder it was all predictable the moment they signed on the dotted line, with the biggest certainty being failuire and something about tears. *Happy days are around the corner, I can sense it.  :thup:

I agree HTT for once I am optomistic!

Guest pont-toon

whaddya mean "the fella from carlisle"

he was the new waddler ye naa

class player was neil macdonald..........well erm sort of

I feel pretty positive, too.

My worry is that Shepherd won't go along with all Allardyce's non-playing-staff requirements – Prozone, directors of innovation, all that poncey, new-fangled stuff.

I'd like to think that Shepherd wouldn't have even considered Allardyce if he'd be against the 'new-fangled stuff'. Surely it's a given that he'd revamp these areas of the club and Shepherd is ok with this?

*crosses fingers*

I feel pretty positive, too.

My worry is that Shepherd won't go along with all Allardyce's non-playing-staff requirements ? Prozone, directors of innovation, all that poncey, new-fangled stuff.

I'd like to think that Shepherd wouldn't have even considered Allardyce if he'd be against the 'new-fangled stuff'. Surely it's a given that he'd revamp these areas of the club and Shepherd is ok with this?

Hopefully, yes. But nothing about Shepherd would surprise me.

i'm pretty sure roeder had prozone installed.

Aye, in the shithouse.

http://www.amandasdirect.com/images/prosoneaeorogenerator.gif

:lol: I laugh but I really shouldn't!

GR: Oi Terry go out and get that prozone thing?

TM: Prozone boss?

GR: Yeah that stuff Alardyce uses

*comes back*

TM: Says you need to put it in the toilet boss?

GR: Well go on then, must help him think better when he is on the crapper or something...

According to the same Guardian article:

the release yesterday morning of a video clip on the YouTube internet site of Shepherd caught on a Liverpool fan's camera declaring to Liverpool fans stalking him that he would "carry Michael Owen back [to Liverpool] for £9m" was not ideal. At first Shepherd's tone sounds serious. But he relents instantly, referring to Owen as "a good lad," and "a decent lad", and then mutters in uncomplimentary fashion about the striker's agent.

Does anyone actually think he sounds serious on that clip? He's even smiling, a phenomenon rarely seen outside of lunch, supper, dinner, and in-between-meals snacks. Looks like The Guardian is trying hard to misconstrue something here.

According to the same Guardian article:

the release yesterday morning of a video clip on the YouTube internet site of Shepherd caught on a Liverpool fan's camera declaring to Liverpool fans stalking him that he would "carry Michael Owen back [to Liverpool] for £9m" was not ideal. At first Shepherd's tone sounds serious. But he relents instantly, referring to Owen as "a good lad," and "a decent lad", and then mutters in uncomplimentary fashion about the striker's agent.

Does anyone actually think he sounds serious on that clip? He's even smiling, a phenomenon rarely seen outside of lunch, supper, dinner, and in-between-meals snacks. Looks like The Guardian is trying hard to misconstrue something here.

i think that bit refers to when he's talking about the agent