Who Do You Think Big Sam Would Get Rid Of/Keep?

Jamie

Was just thinking about it today.

Allardyce wont put up with any shit and would want to get rid of the money grabbing winging bastards.

Also,he might bring a couple of bolton players.

Wouldnt mind a straight swap....Nolan for Parker and someone like Dyer for Anelka.

My guess would be bramble moore carr and baba.

Carr wont get lick arsed off Big Sam like he was off roeder.

Its just something to worth thinking about thats all.

whats going on with the writing and the spaces ?  :undecided: Doing my head in :rant: *

Is it me or is it doing this to everyone ?

I have to say our squad is really a small one

if he  gets rid of alot of players he'll be left with fringe players such as Pattison filling the bench, not counting that we  will almost surley go on one of our "injury crisis" next season aswell..

I say just get rid of the players who reached the end of their contracts, keep the rest, our current reserves side is basically a bunch of players we shouldve released along time ago but couldn't afford to because our squad is already too small..

And bring  in decent defenders, and a playmaker, simple  as fuck  yet nobody is doing it..

I'd expect Ben Haim, Anelka and Distin, SIdwell in. I also expect Sam to use Luque. I also expect several squad players to be brought a versitile defender or two as priority.

Apart from the obvious I'd expect Dyer and Owen out.

......................Given/Krul.....................

Solano/Carr...Taylor/Edgar..Ben Haim/?...Distin/Babayaro

......................Emre/Butt.....................

..............Sidwell/?..Parker/ Zog ..............

Milner/?......... Anelka/Shola..........Martins/Luque

I'd expect Ben Haim, Anelka and Distin, SIdwell in. I also expect Sam to use Luque.

......................Given.....................

Solano...Taylor..Ben Haim...Distin

......................Emre.....................

..............Sidwell..Parker..............

Milner......... Anelka..........Martins

I think Sidwell joined Chelsea today, mate

I hope Allardayce does use Luque, but i think Luque will move away before he gets to play one game under Allardyce..

Guest Toon83

Get rid of Carr, Luque, Moore, Titus, Pav, Pattison, Troisi (too lightweight), Dyer, Owen (if he's not happy), keep the rest

Then bring in a couple of centre halfs (Ben Haim & Distin), a right (O'Brien or Hunt - Bolton) and left back (Baines or Bridge), a creative midfielder (Diego/Basturk/Alex/Hargreaves), a left winger to cover Duff's injury (Tuncay) and a back up striker (Pizzaro)  (if Owen Leaves)

only have to pay for Hunt/O'Brien, Baines/Duff, Diego/Hargreaves, the rest are free in the summer

I'd expect Ben Haim, Anelka and Distin, SIdwell in. I also expect Sam to use Luque.

......................Given.....................

Solano...Taylor..Ben Haim...Distin

......................Emre.....................

..............Sidwell..Parker..............

Milner......... Anelka..........Martins

I think Sidwell joined Chelsea today, mate

I hope Allardayce does use Luque, but i think Luque will move away before he gets to play one game under Allardyce..

Really? What an idiot. Replace Sidwell with Barton then :)

Guest mishka17

i wouldn't sign anelka... he's class at sometimes, but in my opinion he's mercenary type of footballer...get the wage every week, maybe score some goals and fuck off... would rather sign ashton or d. bent

Guest Bolton_fan

If you swap us Parker for Nolan, I'd carry Nolan there myself.

He's been nothing but fat and lazy this season.

Anelka for Dyer?

No chance. Dyer's name sums him up.

Anelka for Dyer?

Parker's shite too mate, bit of a headless chicken.

Anelka for Dyer?

The fact that one is a good striker, and the other a very average central midfielder, is also a hint as to the stupidity of the post.

Guest Bolton_fan

Get rid of Carr, Luque, Moore, Titus, Pav, Pattison, Troisi (too lightweight), Dyer, Owen (if he's not happy), keep the rest

Then bring in a couple of centre halfs (Ben Haim & Distin), a right (O'Brien or Hunt - Bolton) and left back (Baines or Bridge), a creative midfielder (Diego/Basturk/Alex/Hargreaves), a left winger to cover Duff's injury (Tuncay) and a back up striker (Pizzaro)  (if Owen Leaves)

only have to pay for Hunt/O'Brien, Baines/Duff, Diego/Hargreaves, the rest are free in the summer

You would want Nicky Hunt? Is that some kind of joke?

You can have Ben "no effort" Haim.

Do you rate any of your players? :lol:

Nicky Hunt does seem a strange choice.

SAM ALLARDYCE will be given around £40million to rebuild Newcastle yet his first signing is likely to cost nothing.

The ex-Bolton chief will be unveiled as Toon boss within the next few days.

He has agreed to replace Glenn Roeder and been promised a war chest to launch the Geordies into the top five.

Allardyce will get £15m up front and can re-invest cash generated by sales.

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins — and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

Yet Big Sam's first signing is likely to be striker Mark Viduka.

The Aussie star is out of contract and has so far rejected a new deal at Middlesbrough, so would cost nothing.

Allardyce told Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd at a meeting on Friday in London that he will take the reins.

Yet the club refuse to comment publicly until the deal is finally complete.

Shepherd is acutely aware his attempts at landing his previous top managerial targets backfired spectacularly at the last minute when he was rejected by both Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neill.

But Newcastle are hoping to officially unveil Allardyce as their new manager by Wednesday.

Guest Bolton_fan

Do you rate any of your players? :lol:

Nicky Hunt does seem a strange choice.

Not for the last 5 months, no.

We're lucky that Reading lost to Watford, otherwise...... we wouldn't be playing European football next year.

SAM ALLARDYCE will be given around £40million to rebuild Newcastle yet his first signing is likely to cost nothing.

He has agreed to replace Glenn Roeder and been promised a war chest to launch the Geordies into the top five.

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

The Aussie star is out of contract and has so far rejected a new deal at Middlesbrough, so would cost nothing.

Allardyce told Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd at a meeting on Friday in London that he will take the reins.

Shepherd is acutely aware his attempts at landing his previous top managerial targets backfired spectacularly at the last minute when he was rejected by both Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neill.

But Newcastle are hoping to officially unveil Allardyce as their new manager by Wednesday.

Exclusive by Walter Mitty?

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins — and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

Where's that from?

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

Where's that from?

NOTW i think.

Wher

We do we start?

ok, lets start with the defence.

We know Moore, Bramble and Gooch are on their way out and we know Carr and Babayaro are surplus to requirements. This leaves us with looking at relatively cheaper options with premiership experience. Foreigners will come too expensive.

Charlton, having gone down, will lose Luke Young, a former England International. A quick 3 million bid might get him or offer Charlton 10 million plus Bramble for Bent and Young.

Next, lets get Distin signed on a bosman. He can cover the centre of defence and left back. If Wigan go down, I would go for Baines. An offer of 4 million should get him and finally, as it seems his girlfriend is a geordie, lets get Campbell here from Portsmouth. A million should get him at his age.

Defence would look like this:

Keepers: Given, Harper, Srnicek, Krul

Defence: Young, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntingdon, Campbell, Distin, Edgar, Baines

Next, the midfield.

OK, Dyer is gone for 6 million to Spuds. Parker is next cab off the rank to London somehwere possibly, WHU if they stay up for a similar price and Emre to Bayern Munich for 5 million. That is 17 million quid to play with. We keep Milner, Zoggy, Butt, Duff. Looking for someone who is dominating in the midfield, I wouldnt mind 5 million spent on Papa Diop from Fulham. Another 10 million spent on SWP from Chelsea and lets splash out on a quality creative midfielder in the Tevez mould, although there is probably no way of getting him. Maybe a Nakamura type from Celtic or another overseas creative talent. So, if we spend 10 million on him, that would be 25 million in total with 17  coming in, a turnover of 8 million from season tickets sales.

Up front, get rid of Owen. If we got 10 million for him, that would get us Bent and Young from Charlton whilst it is rumoured that Viduka will sign on a bosman. That would leave us with Viduka, Bent, Martins, Ameobi and Carroll up front. So, there is no cost factor here in the strikers department.

In summary, we are ok for keepers. In defence, Carr, Bramble, Moore, Gooch, Babayaro depart to be replaced by Young, Campbell, Distin, Baines. If we get a couple of million for Carr and Baba, that can offset against Campbell and part of Baines fee. A total outlay of 3 million pounds. (Young is factored into the Bent deal offset against Owen leaving).

In midfield, Parker, Dyer and Emre leave with Diop, SWP and foreign creator coming in, income at 17 million, outlay at 25 million, means a turnover of 8 million quid.

In the striker department, Owen departs for 10 million quid and D.Bent and Viduka come in for 7 million quid. (Luke Young is factored in to the Bent deal). This means turnover is zero.

So far, we would have changed the team around for 11 million pounds and I am sure there is at least the same amount of money available again because Allardyce wouldnt have accepted the job unless substantial money was available. Several decent squad back up players should be purchased as well and a good look at who is coming through the ranks from the kids other than those mentioned above to supplement the squad.

New squad is:

Given, Harper, Srnicek, Krul

Young, Solano, Campbell, Distin, Taylor, Baines, Huntingdon, Ramage, Edgar

Milner, SWP, Butt, Diop, Nakamura?, N,Zogbia, Duff

D.Bent, Viduka, Ameobi, Martins, Carroll

Will be astonished if anyone pays even 4m for Dyer - Campbell might be difficult to get if Pompey DO have him on a 2 yr deal. Viduka is possible , Bent maybe(IF Owen goes).

We will all get some surprises by what Allardyce does - I remember Gordon Lee joining in 1975, and making Alan Gowling his first signing ; everyone was outraged, but the guy went on to score 30 goals that season, and we reached the LC Final. BS may see something in some of the current staff which has not been utilised by previous managers - Lee moved Cassidy to central midfield, Nulty to the midfield 'Free'man, and both moves paid off.

Its going to be an interesting few months, and I just hope Allardyce can get his men in without too much hassle - some of the overpaid Prima Donnas at SJP will undoubtedly try to hang on to their nice, well-paid contracts, A' La Marcelino - it will be a difficult first year, and Allardyce will certainly have to earn his corn.

Incidentally, talking of Lee and Tommy Cassidy reminds me of a great incident involving both these guys

which took place in the Dressing room .

Lee walked in and said he was recommending young Aidam McCaffery to the Irish Team manager for International honours - McCaffery said, 'I'm sorry boss - I can't - I'm English(already played for U-21s)'

Lee looked disgusted, and said ' with a name like yours, you should be Irish'

Supermac looked up & said 'just because his name sounds Irish doesn't mean he is'

Lee replied ' Well, you're a fine one to talk - you've got a Scottish name, but you play for England'

At this, Tommy Cassidy broke in ;'Does that mean that you should play for CHINA, Boss!!??'

Lee stormed out, amidst great amusement.....!!

I dont know where people have got this luke young fetish. Personally I am convinced he is scarecely better than Carr. He hasnt been on the form that got him called up to the England setup in years, and even then he wasnt really all that.

I cant believe Martins will be for sale, other than the fact he is probably the biggest fan favourite behind Nobby, he has unlimited potential.

Viduka wouldnt suprise me at all, infact its got big sam signing all over it, a cheaper and better version of Kevin Davies and will give another year or so for big Andy to learn his trade.

Distin looks set for Pompey as does Bramble. Would expect some big names coming our way (albeit over the hill ones).