I quit Bolton because I need to be at a club where I can win trophies

Newcastle Fan

Sam Allardyce's mission when, as expected, he becomes manager of Newcastle United this week will be more of a challenge to himself than anybody associated with the famously unsuccessful Tyneside club.

"When I work again," he said last week, "it will only be at a club where I believe I can win something."

The rest can be found here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=454451&in_page_id=1779

Just following the fucking rules..

Guest TheOrder

The stuff he says in that article makes him sound like the person we need. SSN says that Sam & Fred will be meeting again tonight, I wonder if that location will be Vicarage Rd

KFC.

The stuff he says in that article makes him sound like the person we need. SSN says that Sam & Fred will be meeting again tonight, I wonder if that location will be Vicarage Rd

KFC.

kilmarnock football club ?

He wants to win silverware so he joins us :nope:

He'll no doubt give us some small amount of hope that we can win something.

NM kind of approves..........................."HALLELULIAH,,,,,,,HALLELULIAH.......HALLELULIAH,HALLELULIAH,..HALLEEEELUUULIAH"

NM kind of approves..........................."HALLELULIAH,,,,,,,HALLELULIAH.......HALLELULIAH,HALLELULIAH,..HALLEEEELUUULIAH"

.......before his naturally negative instincts kick in, and we win fuck all. ;)

.......before his naturally negative instincts kick in, and we win f*** all. ;)

natch

.......before his naturally negative instincts kick in, and we win f*** all. ;)

natch

Didn't want to let anyone down, like.

Guest Bolton_fan

I know. Middlesbrough won the Carling Cup, so why didn't he join them? They've won more than Bolton and Newcastle in the last 10 years. :lol:

KFC.

Kentucky Fried Chicken?

KFC.

Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Fucks sake man... :lol:

Guest JamesD

Nice sentiment but he's chosen the wrong club - us and trophies in the same sentence doesn't sound right sadly.

sure it does. "Newcastle United do not win trophies." Sounds reasonable to me.

Nice sentiment but he's chosen the wrong club - us and trophies in the same sentence doesn't sound right sadly.

sure it does. "Newcastle United do not win trophies." Sounds reasonable to me.

Fair point.

Guest Hodgson09

I didn't know the man knew so much about football, so many managers rely on money and luck, any achievements Big Sam makes you'll believe that he meant to make them. I believe him when he says he took Bolton as far as it would go, imagine what he could do at Newcastle. Almost gives you some hope, almost. Time will tell, he has a preseason to prepare, he knows the premiership, he knows England, he must know the pressure here, he should be prepared, he got Bolton into the top 6, I'd expect top 5 for next season, based on his previous performance at a lesser club. We have fallen quite some distance since Sir Bob was forced out, hopefully Big Sam can take us back to where we should be and if we finish in the top 5 next season we might be able to hope for beyond our own lofty expectations.

Optimism? I wouldn't call it that, just a hope that hope can be returned to wor flock, we have had a torrid 3 years we deserve better, i'd love to see the spirit brought back to St James from the fans to the players. I'm looking forward to next season, i hope when the season comes around i'm not praying for it to end like I have this season. I haven't been a very good fan this year, matter of fact I wasn't a fan for much of it, I wasn't a fan of the manager, the players, the chairman, the tactics (sorry we didn't have any), the results, the lack of spirit shown by most of the players, oh the defence, our captain (shocking), Shearers punditry, Terry MAc (what does he do), The hiring of Kevin who Bond, and Owen's knee. This season has been so bad that people were hoping for us to lose to get Roeder sacked, or possibly murdered by a diehard fan. So here's me hoping for the return of hope, and for myself to be a better fan than I have this season, because I was only a fan of three things this season the words Newcastle United, the badge, and wor stadium. Thats all. Thank God the season ends today.

P.s I elect myself as the worst fan of the season.

Nothing in the Mail article which hasn't come out in the public domain previously, but always good to see how a progressive manager organises the club from the bottom to the top.  No doubt in my mind he could be the manager you've been craving for years.  My only concern would be how easy will it be for FFS to back down from dabbling in matters that should't concern him.  If he lets Allardyce get on and do his job, Newcastle could improve out of all recognition. 

The one thing that bewilders me more than almost any other is how the FA could possibly come to the decision that Steve McLaren would be a better option for the England job?

Not saying Steve McLaren is a better manager MJ, but yo can't organise a football association in the same way you can a football club. Louis van Gaal tried it in Holland and failed massively on the pitch. The FA directors mustn't have been too impressed by his plans of bringing in Blue sky consultants and player profiling. They just want the best 11 English players out on the pitch because a) they sell the shirts and b) they probably think they can get the best results regardless of how they work together..

Agreed, a national association operates totally differently from a club, but anyone in charge should realise that putting out your best 11 players isn't the same as putting out your best team.  I don't believe, for example, that England will really progress as a footballing nation until McLaren realises that Lampard and Gerrard are not effective together or that if a player isn't performing, e.g. Rooney, he shouldn't be picked if there are better alternatives for the team.

Allardyce's strength over his time at Bolton was his ability to think 'outside the box'.  Diouf, Anelka, Campo, Akocha, I don't think anyone would really talk about them as being team players, and yet they have been.  Kevin Davies isn't the greatest of talented players but he does exactly what is needed for the team.  It's that ability to see the wider picture and get the players you need rather than get the names you'd like that sets Allardyce apart from McLaren.  That's why I think Allardyce will be good for you, because I think the days of 'trophy signings' are now behind you and Newcastle will be a lot better for it.

If Allardyce had been appointed England Manager, I don't think he would have been playing Gerrard and Lampard together, even if on their day, they are as talented players as England can offer up as being world class.