Sam: All quiet on the BBC allegations?

GM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5378842.stm

It's been canny quiet since September on the "bung" allegation front - if appointed (which now seems a certainty) then how much can we look forward to the court case? Would it/could it prove a minor problem for the club? Clearly it would be in everyone's interests to have that sorted out one way or the other?

Also, he'll presumably still be boycotting the BBC after match interviews?

Guest eyeball_tickler

"With the board expected to ratify the former Bolton manager's £12 m deal at a specially convened meeting tomorrow, Allardyce - who had originally hoped to succeed Stuart Pearce at Manchester City - is poised to be formally appointed on Tuesday or Wednesday.

By then he could be fielding telephone calls from the Quest team run by Lord Stevens and in the final throes of completing their long-running investigation into corruption in football. Quest are apparently keen to question Allardyce for a third time, in this instance about the transfers of Israeli duo Tal Ben Haim and Idan Tal to Bolton, but with the Stevens inquiry due to make its final report to the Premier League this week and issue a public statement by the end of the month they are fast running out of time.

Newcastle are believed to have been reassured that Allardyce - who loomed large in a BBC Panorama special on abuse of the transfer system last year - has not been in receipt of illegal 'bungs'."

that was in the telegraph today

Couldn't care less if he took bungs and still takes bungs, as long as he wins us matches i'll be happy.

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day all I care about is what I see on the pitch and the results. If they are both satisfying I don't care what's going on behind the scenes.

Couldn't care less if he took bungs and still takes bungs, as long as he wins us matches i'll be happy.

At the end of the day all I care about is what I see on the pitch and the results. If they are both satisfying I don't care what's going on behind the scenes.

So you'd effectively cheat and break the law to win a game of football?

Sad man imo.

Sad man imo.

Where does he suggest cheating?

Guest gggg

Do you know what bungs are?

Sad man imo.

Where does he suggest cheating?

Breaking the law to sign players using under hand methods is cheating at the very least nevermind illegal, but if you want to be pedantic and pick up on that then so be it.  :thup:

Sad man imo.

If you think all the other clubs are 100% legit then you are very naive. I'd wager that atleast 15 out of the 20 Premiership clubs have done atleast one dodgy deal in the past 5 years.

Taking bungs is cheating....

Nah i would class it as cheating unless it to throw a game or something, I was under the impression the bung allegations was to do with transfer deals

So breaking the rules in an attempt to gain unfair advantage over others isn't cheating? Righto :lol:

Sad man imo.

If you think all the other clubs are 100% legit then you are very naive. I'd wager that atleast 15 out of the 20 Premiership clubs have done atleast one dodgy deal in the past 5 years.

All but 4 (IIRC) got cleared in that reports didn't they?

Win games, get results and have half our points taken away due to some dodgy dealings. Would be quality!

As West Ham showed you can get away with virtually anything these days and not have pionts taken away.

Win games, get results and have half our points taken away due to some dodgy dealings. Would be quality!

As West Ham showed you can get away with virtually anything these days and not have pionts taken away.

Ok then, win games, get results and be fined £5.5m.

Sad man imo.

Of taking bungs yes, however that only went 2 years back. Also by dodgy deal I meant things like secret meetings with players under contract and illegal contact through agents as well as bungs.

Sad man imo.

Of taking bungs yes, however that only went 2 years back. Also by dodgy deal I meant things like secret meetings with players under contract and illegal contact through agents as well as bungs.

You are just speculating now to try and win an argument, i could make up stuff too but it would be pointless tbh.

I'd be fine with that. £5.5 million is nothing in todays game, maybe one decent player.

I'd be fine with that. £5.5 million is nothing in todays game, maybe one decent player.

No pride have you?  :lol:

Honestly are you on crack? :lol: