Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

From the People

EXCLUSIVE He's heading for Toon.. and bad boy Joey is going with him

By Alan Nixon

SAM ALLARDYCE will put pen to paper on a £13MILLION Newcastle deal this week...and immediately make a controversial move for Joey Barton.

Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd has offered Allardyce a four-year contract worth £3.25m a season. That will put him on a par with Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger - and behind only Jose Mourinho and and Sir Alex Ferguson in the Premiership wage list.

He has also been promised substantial transfer funds by Shepherd.

And Allardyce will spark immediate debate by tabling a £5m bid for Barton.

The disgraced Manchester City midfielder could face police action after his training-ground fight with team-mate Ousmane Dabo - an incident that saw City boss Stuart Pearce ban Barton for the rest of the season.

Barton - who is also in the sights of Everton and Spurs - will not play for City again but the club are holding out for a £5.5m fee.

Allardyce is also planning a raid on old club Bolton for Nicolas Anelka if Newcastle get the right offer for Michael Owen in the transfer window.

Owen's fragile relationship with Shepherd looks certain to end with the England star leaving.

And that will spark Allardyce's move for Anelka. Bolton believe they have an agreement with Allardyce that bars him from taking their players and staff. But if Newcastle match any offers for Anelka, then they will get their man.

Wanderers chief Sammy Lee admits Anelka could go and prices of between £12m and £20m have been bandied around in the past few days.

Allardyce is also heading for a battle with Bolton for FC Sion's Swiss Under-21 midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

Allardyce, 52, will be unveiled as the sixth manager of Shepherd's tenure as chairman later this week and handed at least £16m to strengthen his squad.

And the Magpies are going to back Allardyce's move to bring in his own expert medical and scientific teams.

The total outlay - including Allardyce's salary - will top £30m but Shepherd believes he has finally landed the man who can end Newcastle's barren years.

Guest Nappy Rash

No its Viduka  :lol:

SAM ALLARDYCE will be given around £40million to rebuild Newcastle yet his first signing is likely to cost nothing.

The ex-Bolton chief will be unveiled as Toon boss within the next few days.

He has agreed to replace Glenn Roeder and been promised a war chest to launch the Geordies into the top five.

Allardyce will get £15m up front and can re-invest cash generated by sales.

I understand Toon will listen to offers for Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre and Oba Martins — and that could generate a further £25m to invest.

Rejected

Yet Big Sam's first signing is likely to be striker Mark Viduka.

The Aussie star is out of contract and has so far rejected a new deal at Middlesbrough, so would cost nothing.

Allardyce told Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd at a meeting on Friday in London that he will take the reins.

Yet the club refuse to comment publicly until the deal is finally complete.

Shepherd is acutely aware his attempts at landing his previous top managerial targets backfired spectacularly at the last minute when he was rejected by both Steve Bruce and Martin O'Neill.

But Newcastle are hoping to officially unveil Allardyce as their new manager by Wednesday.

Guest Nappy Rash

Would like Viduka, don't fancy Barton though!

Why not? He's the nice guy of the family man  :lol:

He's just bashes kids and puts cigars out in trainee's eyes, its not as if he's a racist axe murderer or owt man  :lol:

Guest hagler

"Anelka could go and prices of between £12m and £20m have been bandied around in the past few days."

thats a joke

From the People

EXCLUSIVE He's heading for Toon.. and bad boy Joey is going with him

By Alan Nixon

SAM ALLARDYCE will put pen to paper on a £13MILLION Newcastle deal this week...and immediately make a controversial move for Joey Barton.

Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd has offered Allardyce a four-year contract worth £3.25m a season. That will put him on a par with Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger - and behind only Jose Mourinho and and Sir Alex Ferguson in the Premiership wage list.

He has also been promised substantial transfer funds by Shepherd.

And Allardyce will spark immediate debate by tabling a £5m bid for Barton.

The disgraced Manchester City midfielder could face police action after his training-ground fight with team-mate Ousmane Dabo - an incident that saw City boss Stuart Pearce ban Barton for the rest of the season.

Barton - who is also in the sights of Everton and Spurs - will not play for City again but the club are holding out for a £5.5m fee.

Allardyce is also planning a raid on old club Bolton for Nicolas Anelka if Newcastle get the right offer for Michael Owen in the transfer window.

Owen's fragile relationship with Shepherd looks certain to end with the England star leaving.

And that will spark Allardyce's move for Anelka. Bolton believe they have an agreement with Allardyce that bars him from taking their players and staff. But if Newcastle match any offers for Anelka, then they will get their man.

Wanderers chief Sammy Lee admits Anelka could go and prices of between £12m and £20m have been bandied around in the past few days.

Allardyce is also heading for a battle with Bolton for FC Sion's Swiss Under-21 midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

Allardyce, 52, will be unveiled as the sixth manager of Shepherd's tenure as chairman later this week and handed at least £16m to strengthen his squad.

And the Magpies are going to back Allardyce's move to bring in his own expert medical and scientific teams.

The total outlay - including Allardyce's salary - will top £30m but Shepherd believes he has finally landed the man who can end Newcastle's barren years.

I think Joey Barton as a footballer would be a fantastic signing.

His personality is a obvious concern can Big Sam back up signing his personality by getting 3rd, 4th, 5th like Sir Bobby did with the similar personalities in the dressing room (Bellamy)

On the Pitch i think Joey Barton and Scott Parker would be a fantastic Centre two in my opinion as much as i love Emre as a player the balance of Joey Barton bombing on with Parker breaking up the play would be a powerful centre two.

I think Joey Barton as a footballer would be a fantastic signing.

His personality is a obvious concern can Big Sam back up signing his personality by getting 3rd, 4th, 5th like Sir Bobby did with the similar personalities in the dressing room (Bellamy)

On the Pitch i think Joey Barton and Scott Parker would be a fantastic Centre two in my opinion as much as i love Emre as a player the balance of Joey Barton bombing on with Parker breaking up the play would be a powerful centre two.

When will you accept that Parker's inability to pass the ball and the fact he spends half the match on his arse means he isn't good enough for where we want to be?

Barton and Parker in midfield together... I'm sure Owen & Martins will be salivating over the prospect.

Again, i would like to see him here as a replacement for the captain, not a partner.

Would like Viduka, don't fancy Barton though!

One hundred and eighty.  mackems.gif

You said that the other day you boring old man. Havent you got some piss to clean off yourself or something?

Guest eyeball_tickler

barton and viduka would be a great start to the rebuild. i'd swap any of our central midfielders for barton and would sell owen and replace him with viduka.

Barton and Parker in midfield together... I'm sure Owen & Martins will be salivating over the prospect.

Again, i would like to see him here as a replacement for the captain, not a partner.

Tbh I wouldn't want to see Barton at Newcastle, but as a replacement for Parker it's not a bad idea, he's a far superior footballer. As a combination it would be rubbish.

Guest eyeball_tickler

JOEY BARTON could be sold at a half-price fee of under £3million as he awaits a Manchester City showdown and a police interview following his training-ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Everton and Sunderland are shying away from a move for the 25-year-old - who has a £5.5m get-out clause in his contract - after he allegedly assaulted Dabo in the latest in a long line of controversies.

The Frenchman reported his fellow midfielder after an incident that left Dabo, in his own words, looking "like the Elephant Man".

One City source revealed: "None of the players want to see him on the training ground next season."

anything under £3 million for him would be a bargain

Guest elbee909

Could not possibly support Barton.  Be worse than Bowyer.  Why do we have to appoint all the twats anyway?

Don't agree.

It seems alot of people don't seem to recognize Joey Barton effectiveness as a forward going midfield player if you look at it statistically he has got 7 goals this season and 5 assists and last season he got 6 goals and 6 assists something this club has lacked for some time since Rob Lee.

On your point about helping Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen, Joey Barton can by not only his ability to support the front two with the amount of forward runs he makes but also by providing like he has in the past 5 assists this season and 6 assists last.

I agree HTL point about Barton being a better forward going player but thats not our Captain best role his best role is breaking up the play and winning back the ball for the team this is proven by the Opta Stats this season as he has not only had the highest tackling rate this season in the whole of the Premiership but also the 2nd highest tackling success rate in the Premiership.

-Back to Joey Barton- the Vital thing if Big Sam does want him is that he can back up signing the bad personality that comes with Joey Barton by getting 3rd, 4th, 5th like Sir Bobby did with the similar personalities in the dressing room (Bellamy), if he can't then signing him could prove to course big problems.

Guest Nappy Rash

Not many players manage to con their peers into being voted the best in the league, be it the main award or the young award, Parker is a cracking player, like all, he has his limitations, but he's still a cracking player.

Not many players manage to con their peers into being voted the best in the league, be it the main award or the young award, Parker is a cracking player, like all, he has his limitations, but he's still a cracking player.

Aye in the right role.