Last Time we'll see Owen in a Toon shirt?

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simple poll. Owen's been stretchered off against Watford after taking a knock to the head off Pattison.

Will it be the last time we'll see him playing for the Toon?

I don't reckon it will be. The man will be here next season I reckon. I think the paper talk is just that, mindless gossip that happens all the time. Owen's a good player and a currently bad club so he's bound to be linked with leaving.

Im going to be positive.

If he stays then we have a proven goalscorer.

If he goes we probably have 10m+ to give to big sam when he arrives.

I'd rather he stays but not really fussed TBH.

Meh...

Sure, he's quality but you can't miss what you never really had. So I have to say I'm not really fussed - especially because the only reason he wouldn't be here is because he doesn't want to be...

I just hope that Shepherd is clever enough to realize that if he dont sign new contract he will be gone in 2 years for free.

So if he dont want to renew his contract its better for us to sell him.

Hes going to screw us over one way or the other. If he doesnt go now, hell be going on a free in two years time after giving us plenty of anonymous games and spells on the treatment table in between.

Get rid and replace with someone who will do a job for us, not for England.

Aye, he'll be here. No one's going to pay double figures for him yet - which is what it will take Shepherd. Plus, i don't think he is quite so in-human to bugger off now - he'll want to pay the club something back, because i think he is a decent person.

I hope he stays aswell.

Aye, he'll be here. No one's going to pay double figures for him yet - which is what it will take Shepherd. Plus, i don't think he is quite so in-human to bugger off now - he'll want to pay the club something back, because i think he is a decent person.

I hope he stays aswell.

I think we could get more than 9p for him.

Hes going to screw us over one way or the other. If he doesnt go now, hell be going on a free in two years time after giving us plenty of anonymous games and spells on the treatment table in between.

Couldn't agree more best we can hope from Owen is a decent transfer fee, I'd take 9mill, we'll not get near that next year.

The only way I would feel confident about keeping him for another season would be if he extended his contract by a year or two. If not we will be fucked in 12 months time!

Not particularly bothered.

I'm sure he would be good for us next year but at the same time the £9m would go an awful long way in stengthening the rest of our squad.

Its so hard to say, one thing for sure though we do not want to sell him but does he want to stay?, he has not jumped up and done what the Chairman demanded he do, there has been no coment at all from Owen and that speaks volume I think.

However I think Owen is over estimating how many clubs want him and after todays injury I think he will be ehre at least until the January trabsfer window.

For once I agree with you. Get him to sign a 1 year extension at the least or get rid and bring in someone who wants to play for us.

I'll be looking forward too heckelling and booing him as he nut-megs Shay for the umpteenth time in his career...seriously!