Last Time we'll see Owen in a Toon shirt?

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All the signs are that he's off. I wonder if Shepherd already knows that, and his strange outburst this week was just an attempt to deflect the blame away from himself and on to Owen, in advance.

Guest Toon83

i'd make it a priority to sell him

I agree, although Owen is a proven class player on his day, he clearly does not want to be here, and that will only hurt the club, we should sell him and get Pizzaro or Saviola in

Shockingly, considering he's easily our best player, I'm not in the least bit arsed if he goes now.

The fact that he's said nothing the last few days speaks volumes. He wants out. Can't really blame him tbh, particularly if one of the Top 4 are interested.

Get rid of him and Dyer and I'll be happy. Owen doesn't look like he could fit into an Allardyce system, while Dyer will NEVER be worth his wages.

I wish Owen no particluar ill-will if he leaves, though I'd not be in the least bit bothered if he fucked himself up again in the first game of next season.

I dont think he and martins can play well together..If we get £11m for him and he doesn't want to be here then sell him and go for Viduka on a free. That means we have about £11m extra to strengthen the squad with.

Owens contract ends up in two years. Later we wont get as much money im afraid of, and Owen can only play at his best in one kind of formation imo, and thats 442.

He is not the future of this club so why build the team around him?

He surely doesn't seem to bother going out officially and reject the rumours and commit to NUFC. Which means he does not want to stay.

Would like a comitted MO in our team. But that's not gonna be the case i believe..

Guest Guinness

Everything points to him leaving at the moment, I'd love him to stay but think there is a distinct possibility that he'll leave.

Made it quite clear he preferred to go to Liverpool.  Also allegedly made some negative comments to Sven (as reported in the NotW story).  Very ambitious - he'll be gone I think.  Got a bloody nerve if he does mind, it'd make him a mercenary of the worst kind.

I wanted to see what he did at the end of the game to the fans, but obviously he was already off.

We sang theres only one MO when they first came out and he clapped us.  I really dont know.  He'll give his all though if he does stay, even if it's jsut to put himself in the shop window.

Before today i'd have resented him,but i felt very sorry for him today getting nothing and would understand a move.  I'd like to think he'd see how things turn out with Sam, but he's not getting any younger.

Are we making too much of him not publically saying anything, perhaps? Has Owen ever been one to speak out to the press and get involved in all the wheelings and dealings? Maybe he has and I just haven't noticed.

But, yeah, I agree with the above sentiments. I won't be terribly sad if he goes, but will be glad all the same if he stays. I'm amazingly indifferent, considering he's such a world class player. But with the exception of Given, Milner and Martins, I pretty well feel the exact same about everyone else on the squad at this moment.

He's going. It's a shame it didn't work out for him here as we could've got 2/3 good seasons out of him and eased the transition from the Shearer age to post-Shearer. I mean, if his entire body wasn't made out of jolly ranchers.

Guest TheOrder

He's going. It's a shame it didn't work out for him here as we could've got 2/3 good seasons out of him and eased the transition from the Shearer age to post-Shearer. I mean, if his entire body wasn't made out of jolly ranchers.

I'll be you 100 pound he's here come August.

I won't take you up on that, but I don't see how he could possibly stay. How can we afford to let an asset like that possibly walk away on a Bosman? If he doesn't want to sign an extension--and I'm pretty sure he doesn't--we'd be mad not to cash in while we still have the chance.

Guest TheOrder

I won't take you up on that, but I don't see how he could possibly stay. How can we afford to let an asset like that possibly walk away on a Bosman? If he doesn't want to sign an extension--and I'm pretty sure he doesn't--we'd be mad not to cash in while we still have the chance.

I want him to go in a way, but he'll stay. If only to retain his image.

I'm not sure he cares about image now. After seeing Liverpool go to 2 CL finals, and thinking about how many years he might have at the top of his game (not many), I'm sure he just wants to go somewhere and win things. He's not Shearer.

Guest TheOrder

I'm not sure he cares about image now. After seeing Liverpool go to 2 CL finals, and thinking about how many years he might have at the top of his game (not many), I'm sure he just wants to go somewhere and win things. He's not Shearer.

Of course he's not Shearer :)

Of course he's not Shearer :)

You know what I mean. He has no reasons to stay loyal to Newcastle other than guilt and I'm sure he feels he's earned the right, after so much time out, to play with proper footballers again. :lol:

Of course he cares about his image, thats going to earn him a lot of money between now and the end of his career so he will want to protect it. If he does leave, it would be dented a bit more, and him and his people cant be sure how that would change things. Probably not that much but its a consideration to take account of.

If he does leave we should all chip in to get a massive flag made similar to the one the Herenveen fans made for Huntaleer when he left for Ajax.

What did it say? Thanks for fuck all?

If he does leave we should all chip in to get a massive flag made similar to the one the Herenveen fans made for Huntaleer when he left for Ajax.

What did it say? Thanks for f*** all?

How about:

"Give us £10million or so for paying you your wages to get back to fitness with the help of doctors who we paid for you merchant money grabbing piece of fucking scum"

If he leaves of course :p

What did it say? Thanks for f*** all?

How about:

"Give us £10million or so for paying you your wages to get back to fitness with the help of doctors who we paid for you merchant money grabbing piece of fucking scum"

If he leaves of course :p

That's one big fuck off flag. :laugh: