Owen or Martins?

Optimistic Nut
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumours in the last few weeks linking Martins with a £15m away, and Owen £11m. If you HAD to sell one and could keep the other, who would you sell? I'd sell Martins, and consider him as a one-year loan deal while Owen was injured with us making a tidy £5m profit.

Owen is a much better player, but he's got no long term future here by the looks of things and will be gone for nowt in two years if we keep him.

Meanwhile, Martins is young, not intent on leaving and still improving so I'd probably keep him.

Owen is a much better player, but he's got no long term future here by the looks of things and will be gone for nowt in two years if we keep him.

Meanwhile, Martins is young, not intent on leaving and still improving so I'd probably keep him.

Agreed.....100%

Owen is undoubtably the better player, but Martins is younger - at least he's supposed to be - and he'll be on much less per week.

We'd be able to pay the wages of a few decent players if we got shot of Owen, but I don't think the clubs who'd be able to afford his wages are that keen to sign him, whatever the papers might say.

They didn't want to touch him when he left Real, so why now when he's older and his knee has been knacked?

We're more likely to shift Martins in the summer.

Guest LucaAltieri

Keep Martins, flog Owen.

Value for money (wage-wise) Owen just doesn't cut it for me.

Sell both........Buy Anelka and sign Viduka on a free and we have around £12M to put in other areas. And with Anelka and Viduka in our squad/team it will give us much better balance and options when it comes to different systems...

Where is all this hatred for Martins coming from? I thought after only one season in a foreign league our fans would be at least some what understanding. What is it that you lot want from a player? Fuckin' hell.

For the figures quoted I'd sell them both.

Martins is gash. Owen a mercenary twat.

Bring in Anelka and Bent and maybe Nugent with the loose change.

Agreed. £15 million is way more than Martins is worth. And Owen doesn't want to be here.

Keep Oba Martins.

He has the heart and WANTS to play here.  17 goals in his first season, sporadic play, wasteful sometimes, sometimes bloody brilliant. with some proper coaching and better system/tactics/teammates he will only continue to get better.

hes cheaper than owen, and wants to be our no.9 and wants to succeed. hes got heart, determination and he does it with some pride.  you can tell when you see him on the pitch, no matter how bad hes playing, he never looks like he doenst care.

Guest @ndy

Sell them both, should get about £25m, buy Bent, Anelka and get Viduka on a free!

Also get rid of Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Bramble, Gooch, and luque

Bring in a 2 CB's, possibly ben Haim and campbell, a LB a RB and a CM

Would have liked to bring in Sidwell but looks like he is on the way to chelsea, Barton is a good player but unsure about his baggage.

Guest posadageordie

Martins for 15, Owen is class when he finds his form, he can score and assist, Martins has the pace and the work rate but he's not consistent nor is he a natural goal scorer,more of a seconed striker type of players..

Aye, 17 goals in a shit team in his first season in English football -utter gash.

Whoever goes, I'd be banging on at Viduka to come in on a Free. Still don't know why people don't rate him. So what if he's fat. Tevez isn't exactly slim is he? Viduka's scoring record and all-round play is excellent. Think he'd be perfect for Owen.

Martins for 15, Owen is class when he finds his form, he can score and assist, Martins has the pace and the work rate but he's not consistent nor is he a natural goal scorer,more of a seconed striker type of players..

Aye, 17 goals in a s*** team in his first season in English football -utter gash.

Hes not a natural finisher though. Hes shown on plenty of occassions that he can be very hesitant when through on goal.

Hes got 17 goals because hes extremely talented, but he has less than he could have because hes frustratingly inconsistent with poor decision making at times.

Guest posadageordie

Whoever goes, I'd be banging on at Viduka to come in on a Free. Still don't know why people don't rate him. So what if he's fat. Tevez isn't exactly slim is he? Viduka's scoring record and all-round play is excellent. Think he'd be perfect for Owen.

Couldn't agree more, experienced, great target man, scores goals in shit teams and available for nowt. No-brainer for me.

Does it matter who we buy with the money we get for either? whether its Ronaldinho or Luke Chadwick they are still going to be ripped apart by morons on here.

We have a 22 year old who has come into a new league and played more than double the amount of games he has ever played in a season, yet scored 17 times, he has all the attributes to become one of the best players in the league if not Europe, but because he gets a few perfomances wrong we are better off selling him?

Give the guy a couple of seasons and some decent coaching please.

As for Owen regardless of whether he is on form, injured or not apparently he never had an interest in playing for us so lets drive out another one of our best players in the hope we will bring in someone inferior that we willl obviously be happy with.

What's with all this Owen hatred now anyway? He's had a genuinely serious injury all season, he hasn't said he wants to leave, we all knew when he arrived that Liverpool was his first choice, so what's changed? I still think he'll be here this time next year.

Where is all this hatred for Martins coming from? I thought after only one season in a foreign league our fans would be at least some what understanding. What is it that you lot want from a player? Fuckin' hell.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I hope it's not just NUFC fans that go on like this, in all honesty.

Aye, 17 goals in a shit team in his first season in English football -utter gash.

He's definitely not a natural goalscorer... he doesn't have the preditory instincts that someone like Owen has.