Are you in support of Sheff Utd?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=466504&CPID=8&clid=49&lid=&title=McCabe+vents+fury+at+Hammers&channel=&

McCabe vents fury at Hammers

By Mark Kendall -  Created on 13 May 2007

Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe has taken an angry swipe at The Premier League after seeing his side slip through the relegation trapdoor, insisting action should still be taken against West Ham.

The Blades became the final-day fall guys as they succumbed to a 2-1 home defeat to Wigan who, along with West Ham, leapfrogged their opponents to pull off a miraculous escape.

However, McCabe remains furious that The Hammers were given the chance to avoid relegation following their controversial signings of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

The East Londoners were handed a £5.5 million fine rather than a points reduction and the Sheffield United supremo has once again called for The Premier League to reconsider the punishment.

"What leaves a bad taste for football is that it (the relegation battle) has not quite been played on a level playing field with the West Ham issue," McCabe told Sky Sports News.

"The FA Premier League should have a good night's sleep and think `is what has happened fair?'

"The fans of one club are in despair because their club has been relegated. To have the kick in the teeth of losing our (Premiership) status because we have played by the rules when another club hasn't... it ain't cricket.

"We have played to the rules and one club hasn't played by the rules and the FA Premier League should do something about it."

I think its disgraceful WHU were not docked points.

I hope Sheff Utd at least sue the FA & WHU for the £50m people talk about the leagues worth.

Any justice they'll be here next season.

Fuking cockney cunts.

Guest Ridzuan

They should not blame other clubs for their problems.As much as I believe what West Ham has done is wrong,I dont think Sheffield should be angry with them for their problems too because they have a lot of opportunities to stay up,but they failed.

They had 38 games to pick pick up enough points to stay up regardless of what West Ham done.  I feel sorry for them and the FA did make a dodgy decision but life is tough.

As far as I can see, in all divisions from the top of the professional game to the lowest reaches of non-league, the standard punishment for fielding an ineligible player has been the deduction of points. If you unfairly gain an advantage on the football field, then the punishment should reflect that, and that's a regular principle at all levels.

I reckon the only reason West Ham escaped was because the Premiership knew that they would oppose a points deduction through the courts, but accept a fine. They wanted to avoid a legal tangle which might disrupt next season. It would serve them right if they ended up in a different kind of legal fight as a result.

Every sympathy with Sheffield United.

West Ham are in the wrong and should have had points deducted, but its naive to think that Sheff Utd have been relegated because of it. They've been shite over 38 games, thats why they were relegated.

Guest gggg
They had 38 games to pick pick up enough points to stay up regardless of what West Ham done.

They did pick up enough points to stay up, West Ham got half of theirs through cheating.

Guest Martin

WHU should have been docked points, but the Premier League panel, made up of lawyers, decided on a fine.

The teams at the bottom were there because of their own culpability.

Every chairman in the league signed up to the Premier League knowing that this panel would make a judgement. And they should abide by it.

Nah, quite like West Ham for some reason and think Warnock & co should stop whining. They didn't perform enough on the pitch and therefore they're going down. Sure, I don't like the dodgy deals WH been involved in but it's not like they bribed the officials...

Guest gggg
Sure, I don't like the dodgy deals WH been involved in but it's not like they bribed the officials...

That's alright then. Which players should we sign illegaly next season?

This is bollocks, SU are only bitter because they went down, they are just trying to get themselves back up again, Wigan did all this shit when they were down there and shitting themselves, the fact is no one was docked points, so over the course of the season Sheffield were not good enough to survive and shouldnt be up in the big league. He mentions the argument about playing by the rules, well then why should a team who was good enough to stay up go down and a team that wasnt good enough stay up? Good ridance to them.

Sure, I don't like the dodgy deals WH been involved in but it's not like they bribed the officials...

That's alright then. Which players should we sign illegaly next season?

Was thinking of the whole barca team but I'm not sure Luque would recommend Newcastle

Not in support.  They weren't good enough and as such did not survive.  No one, particularly them, moaned at the start of the season about Tevez, in fact, all I seemed to remember was how good it was supposed to be for the English game that a player like that had arrived. 

Get to fuck Warnock.

Guest gggg
well then why should a team who was good enough to stay up go down and a team that wasnt good enough stay up?

Errrr because they were playing an illegal player.  :uglystupid2:

Guest gggg
No one, particularly them, moaned at the start of the season about Tevez

Probably because nobody knew about the deals until January.

Is this the thread where everyone talks bollocks?

Neil Warnock has moaned about Rafael Benitez's team selection against Fulham following his side's relegation.

Sheffield United were relegated after losing 2-1 at home to Wigan yesterday. Blades boss Neil Warnock was quick to deflect blame by criticising Rafa Benitez and Alex Ferguson for their team selections against his relegation rivals. 

"You look at Sir Alex and Rafa selecting weakened teams like they did and you do feel a little bit bitter," said the cry baby.

"But what goes around comes around and maybe Chelsea will win the FA Cup and AC Milan the Champions League.

"I thought Sir Alex would be playing a strong team, and just to see them celebrating the title after losing to West Ham leaves a bitter taste."

Liverpool played a weakened team in both games against Sheffield United this season.

:lol: