Turns out Roeder WAS a wet blanket ...

KaKa

Very sad indeed. It is all coming out now. Revelations today that even Nobby was taking liberties with Roeder when he wasn't picked for the first team.

Shocking stuff really, but now it all makes sense. It often infuriated me how Roeder would pick certain players, particularly the senior players, irregardless of form or anything. Apparently he was being bullied into doing it.

Pretty pathetic ...

If the players had it that easy is it any surprise they just went out there and did whatever they wanted? Not really right?

Roeder only had the guts to leave out the youngsters and so he was effectively picking on them and it is no surprise that N'Zogbia was infuriated with him.

Simply embarrassing.

Despite having some truly great professionals at the club like Shay Given, Steve Harper, Nicky Butt and youngsters Steven Taylor, James Milner and Peter Ramage, there is no doubt that morale and discipline has been lacking from some players in the latter part of the season.

Earlier in the season, Nobby Solano and Albert Luque had been ordered by Roeder to board the team bus going to Middlesbrough after they found out they were not in the manager's starting line-up.

From the chronicle today ...

Roeder was being pushed around and taken advantage of it seems.

Guest posadageordie

Despite having some truly great professionals at the club like Shay Given, Steve Harper, Nicky Butt and youngsters Steven Taylor, James Milner and Peter Ramage, there is no doubt that morale and discipline has been lacking from some players in the latter part of the season.

Earlier in the season, Nobby Solano and Albert Luque had been ordered by Roeder to board the team bus going to Middlesbrough after they found out they were not in the manager's starting line-up.

Why are the local press reporting this now and why did they say nowt when he was here other than he never complained about injuries and we had the worst injury crisis in our history?Spineless tossers.

Out of order. It is widely acknowledged GR did his best but ulitmately it wasn't good enough. I can't see any reason for this kind of mudslinging.

It's frustrating though because it has led to the mishandling of N'Zogbia.

Didn't want to deal with the asenior players getting in his face if Duff was dropped and so he drops Charlie even though he deserved his chance?

That is out of order too.

Why are the local press reporting this now and why did they say nowt when he was here other than he never complained about injuries and we had the worst injury crisis in our history?Spineless tossers.

Agreed.

KaKa - if this was in the Chron, does that mean it's also on icNewcastle? And if so, can you please provide a link?

I feel like I'm not getting the whole story here...

It was in the Oba goes AWOL story ... apparently Craig Moore was always swanning off to Scotland too, but nothing appears to have been done about it.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=awol-%2D-martins-goes-missing%26method=full%26objectid=19101221%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Out of order. It is widely acknowledged GR did his best but ulitmately it wasn't good enough. I can't see any reason for this kind of mudslinging.

It's frustrating though because it has led to the mishandling of N'Zogbia.

Didn't want to deal with the asenior players getting in his face if Duff was dropped and so he drops Charlie even though he deserved his chance?

That is out of order too.

You have the advantage cause you know my stance on Zoggy. But what I will say that it the height of bad form (not neccessarily by you) but these leaks. Some of the best managers in the world have lost the dressing room at least once in their careers. Rijkaard for one comes to mind right now. It's not something we need crucify Roeder for. San will sort this out.

Guest alex

I wouldn't trust a fucking word Oliver says on anything to do with Roeder or his reign. Oliver's his mate ffs.

Guest Knightrider

This comes over as ITK bollocks like but from what I've been hearing these past few days it is even worse and I've been maintaining for a while now, as much as Roeder has been at fault for many things, so too are the players and I'd personally peddle most of them the wankers, if it were only that easy which it isn't so we now rely on them getting their act together and a manager coming in to manage them correctly. It is very sad that quite a few of them simply don't care anout anything other than their take home and status. Mind, what is the saying about being a product of your environment?

Wankers

With all of this coming to light, I think we can consider ourselves lucky we didn't get dragged into a relegation battle considering how unstable the club appears to have been this season.

You could even argue we have taken a step back since Souness as far as the behaviour and attitude of the players goes anyway.

Could you imagine the likes of Nobby pulling a stunt like that with Souness? A drop kick to the head from Souey would have righted him straight away.

KaKa - if this was in the Chron, does that mean it's also on icNewcastle? And if so, can you please provide a link?

I feel like I'm not getting the whole story here...

It was in the Oba goes AWOL story ... apparently Craig Moore was always swanning off to Scotland too, but nothing appears to have been done about it.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=awol-%2D-martins-goes-missing%26method=full%26objectid=19101221%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Cheers :thup:

Still think we're only getting part of the story though - and of as much interest is that it's Oliver reporting it...

This comes over as ITK bollocks like but from what I've been hearing these past few days it is even worse and I've been maintaining for a while now, as much as Roeder has been at fault for many things, so too are the players and I'd personally peddle most of them the wankers, if it were only that easy which it isn't so we now rely on them getting their act together and a manager coming in to manage them correctly. It is very sad that quite a few of them simply don't care anout anything other than their take home and status. Mind, what is the saying about being a product of your environment?

Wankers

The situation at Newcastle is beyond fuked right now, SA may not be the most flamboyant manager on earth but at least we can hope he will be able to sort out some of this mess with his abilities as a man manager and for the others, only selling them will do.

I noticed Given & Butt saying certain players were also to blame

Parky, your right, maybe the thread title and my initial post is too harsh on Roeder, but he shouldn't have stood for this crap.

I am more angry with the players, but just so damn dissapointed in Roeder as he should have called them out at the time and had them disciplined regardless of who they were.

We really do have a bunch of punks on this team, as soon as Roeder stood for one of them pulling htis kind of stunt they were all going to have a go.

Infuriating really.

Thank You, this is exactly what I was told about by my pal at Reading., and passed the info on to you chaps and few believed me.  The players were seriously back chatting GR, bang out of order.  Showed him no respect.

Parky, your right, maybe the thread title and my initial post is too harsh on Roeder, but he shouldn't have stood for this crap.

I am more angry with the players, but just so damn dissapointed in Roeder as he should have called them out at the time and had them disciplined regardless of who they were.

We really do have a bunch of punks on this team, as soon as Roeder stood for one of them pulling htis kind of stunt they were all going to have a go.

Infuriating really.

Probably why he was pulling in better results when Shearer was there.

Infuriating really.

No worries man. Yes it probably was the title. :blush: But you have to understand this is going on at a lot of clubs around the country and it is always a delicate balance between motivating highly paid and financially independant players and demoralising them with too much control. The fact is Roeder really didn't have the skills to do either...I'm not really looking to aportion blame at the moment, but if players were acting in the wrong way in terms of the club they will be disciplines when Sam comes in. Yes I agree some of the players have been rather flagrant, but there is more to building team spirit than just the correct managers...I don't think we have the correct mix of personalities in the playing staff either.