Dyer in Seventh Heaven

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Link

KIERON Dyer achieved his best ever goals return after netting his seventh of the season in the 1-1 draw at Watford.

The 28-year-old had previously finished with six goals on three occasions, and needed just one at Vicarage Road to record his better that total.

And that strike came in the 29th minute of Sunday's curtain call as Nobby Solano slipped in the Magpie midfielder before Dyer cooly dispatched underneath the on-rushing Ben Foster.

Dyer did not return to the United side on a regular basis until mid-December after overcoming a recurring hamstring problem which was threatening to curtail his playing career.

But the former Ipswich Town man has missed just two games since that comeback, making 30 appearances throughout the campaign.

:lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Must say.. just missed two games since his comeback in mid-December is good for Dyer! New record?

Craig Hope's posts on here back in the day had more sway than the absolute shit he writes on that site.

What was it last week, record number of penalty takers in a season? WOW!

Craig Hope's post on here back in the day had more sway than the absolute shit he writes on that site.

Signed up again hasn't he?

Guest alex

Strange how Dyer has actually produced in terms of goals yet, if anything, the last remaining people who still stuck up for him (the likes of me in honesty) seem to have pretty much given up on him. I'd be over the moon if the talk about him going to Spurs turns out to be correct.

Strange how Dyer has actually produced in terms of goals yet, if anything, the last remaining people who still stuck up for him (the likes of me in honesty) seem to have pretty much given up on him. I'd be over the moon if the talk about him going to Spurs turns out to be correct.

The way he's tailed off this season after such a promising comeback from injury, culminating in the perfomance against Reading has been the final straw for me. I see the irony though.

Craig Hope's post on here back in the day had more sway than the absolute shit he writes on that site.

Signed up again hasn't he?

Is that that geordie bloke of Ideal, the Johnny Vegas thing on BBC3?  :lol:

i'd still be willing to give Dyer half a season to see if he can find and keep his form, he came back on a flyer but he has said himself that he  was running on pure adrenaline for the first few games then he really started feeling the pace, not supprising really after so long out.

No one thought he was would last 2 games never mind until the end of the season.

Good enough for a mid table team...Who do you think NUFC is !! Man U ? Real Madrid, Barcelona !!! Stop whinging like we have the devine right to be attracting The Ronhaldinho's and Kaka's of football...We are lucky that a mediocre team like ours still employs national team players from different countries...

Wake up people...We can't get better than these players at the moment...With good managers they should be doing better...We are in no condition to start acting like a big headed person who doesn't want Dyer, Owen, Parker, Duff, N'Zogbia, Luque, Emre and some even Martins think should go...

You guys are CRAZY....

7 goals ??? ffs,  think he deserves his salary doubled for that  ;-]

At least he scored more than most of our attacking players...How much are the rest of our attackign players getting paid ?

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Not interested again yesterday.  I thought he was a new player, but since the chelsea game, he's not bothered.

Straight down the tunnel yesterday, since the fans were singing "F off Dyer!" after he bottled a challenge with the GK.  Was weird when he scored.

Read on the True Faith report that our fans were "80,000, you're having a laugh" yesterday. I don't usually like the idea of our fans getting on our players backs in that way during a match but giving the circumstances i say go on every one of them who let their feelings known.

I don't know about Dyer. During our all-too-brief mid season resurgence, he was our best player by far. You can't really blame him for going completely anonymous after Alkmar, as everyone else on the squad not named Milner has managed to do the same as well.

Yes, I do think he's a weak-willed, selfish, petulant kid, but he's also bloody talented when he cares and he's not getting mopey.

No one's going to buy him anyway, so might as well give him another shot next season. If the rest of the team is playing good, he'll be a class player. If not... Wooosh

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

Jenas, Phill Neville etc

:lol: Do i even have to try and argue back against this statement?

Jenas, Phill Neville etc

Jenas is NOT an average player...Did you watch Kean's goal against Man City ? Did you see that volley...That was PES 6 stuff man...