Todays Gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set for a £30m move to Real Madrid - with West Ham not seeing a penny of any fee. (The Sun)

But Tevez will decide on his future next week. (Daily Express)

The Hammers will this week make a £12m bid for Charlton captain Darren Bent. (Daily Star)

Spurs have also put Bent at the top of their shopping list, for around £10m. (Daily Express)

And they are in the hunt for Barcelona's out-of-favour former Chelsea frontman Eidur Gudjohnsen, too. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell has moved a step closer to joining Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)  :)

Phil Jagielka is set to walk out on Sheffield United with Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa and Wigan interested. (Daily Mirror)

Praise the lord, Manchester United have finally agreed an £18m fee with Bayern Munich for Owen Hargreaves. (Daily Star)  :lol:

Spurs' interest in Nigel Reo-Coker's has cooled, with Everton and Sunderland watching developments. (Daily Mirror)

Obafemi Martins could be on his way out of Newcastle, with Valencia and Juventus already in talks over a £13m move. (The Sun) :(

Portsmouth remain favourites to sign Mark Viduka, who is out of contract at Middlesbrough. (Daily Mail)

Glen Johnson has snubbed a permanent move to Portsmouth to fight for a first-team place at Chelsea. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth and West Ham have made enquiries about Watford youngster Hameur Bouazza. (Daily Mirror)

Swansea, Hartlepool and Hibernian have lodged bids for £150,000-rated Hull striker Darryl Duffy. (Daily Star)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is tracking Benfica's Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. (Daily Mirror)

Celtic and Rangers are set to battle for the services of former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves defender Jackie McNamara will sign a two-year deal with Aberdeen by the end of the week. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is heading a consortium that may take over Manchester City, would want Blackburn boss Mark Hughes to become the new manager at Eastlands following the sacking of Stuart Pearce. (The Sun)

AZ Alkmaar manager Louis van Gaal is top of the shortlist to replace Pearce at Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

Although former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier could be set for a return to the Premiership with City. (Daily Express)

Wigan boss Paul Jewell, who resigned on Monday, left the club with a £1m bonus from chairman Dave Whelan as a thank you for keeping the Latics in the Premiership on the last day of the season. (The Sun)

Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock is poised to quit Sheffield United in the wake of the club's dramatic relegation from the Premiership. (Daily Mirror)

AND FINALLY

Steve McManaman has revealed he drank champagne with the King of Spain when Real Madrid won the Champions League final at Hampden Park. (Daily Record)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6656481.stm

Guest Armchair Pundit

I'd take £13m for Martins if he's really wanting to leave the club, can't be doing with temperamental premadonnas.

Guest smoggeordie

I'd take £13m for Martins if he's really wanting to leave the club, can't be doing with temperamental premadonnas.

Is this the new forum gag? :lol:

From all the things that happened in the last week seems that both Martins and Owen dont want to stay at Newcastle

Pitty.

Sell them and take Viduka,Pizarro for free and buy Darren Bent.

From all the things that happened in the last week seems that both Martins and Owen dont want to stay at Newcastle

Pitty.

Sell them and take Viduka,Pizarro for free and buy Darren Bent.

Premadonnas, the lot of them.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Is this the new forum gag? :lol:

Made me laugh ;)

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I would have preferred to see Van Gaal go to us. It'll be gutting if he went to City.

i wish people here were more supportive of the boy who saved us from relegation this season.. several bad performances in a team in which NOBODY performed and everybody's on his back because Oliver says so.. or do you think that D Bent, Pizarro or Viduka could've done a better job playing for the Roeder retard crew?

i wish people here were more supportive of the boy who saved us from relegation this season.. several bad performances in a team in which NOBODY performed and everybody's on his back because Oliver says so.. or do you think that D Bent, Pizarro or Viduka could've done a better job playing for the Roeder retard crew?

Im not on his back im just pointing what the current situation is.

I dont know if its 100% true but if it is then both Owen and Martins dont want to play for us.

Personally i want to keep both of them and i think Allardyce will sort this problems.

Also Martins refused to travel with the team after Roeder was sacked so it has nothing to do with him.

I cant explain Martins behaviour tbh.

Guest Guinness

I'd be gutted if we sold Martins, more so than if we sold Owen. He's done well this season, while I admit he hasn't performed in every match he's also shown glimpses of class. It's important to remember he's only 22, he's got plenty of developing to do as a player and with the power of his shot and his pace the potential is there for him to become a top class player. His actions at the weekend were petulent, but hopefully that'll be resolved under Sam Allardyce and he'll come back next season looking better than ever.