Season 2004/05 DVD

Guest Lee-Mus

Guest Lee-Mus

I have just been watching the season 04/05 dvd that I have just bought and was just pointing out to my friends how Patrick Kluivert and James Milner should still be at this club.

Kluivert would be a class act up front with Owen, and Milner would be either first choice or under study on the right of midfield.

I believe Kluivert would be a massive player for us if we still had him, he could be our number 9 and fill Sir Al's boots.

Guest Verlaine

Although I wasn't on this board at the time, I can only shudder to think what the posts about Kluivert would have said at the time.

Although I wasn't on this board at the time, I can only shudder to think what the posts about Kluivert would have said at the time.

Make up a random sentence including the words 'fat', 'lazy' and 'Greggs' and Robert's your Dad's brother.

Guest Lee-Mus

Before Souness made him a bench warmer he was banging the goals in and thanks to him we progressed in the Uefa cup

Last season was such a farce at times...

Kluivert did well when he played, yet was constantly abused. We lost a good striker, the situation culminating in the last few games of the season when Souness put an injured Ameobi ahead of big Pat in the pecking order, ridiculous.

• 7 months later...
Guest GHoeberX

lol; I was searching on "Kluivert" on this forum, but although his Newcastle-season wasn't exactly his best, I clearly remember that poll (NOT started by me) near the end in April/May 2005 in which over 90% of all voters preferred Kluivert to stay for another year... I remember that at a certain time while Newcastle was losing against really shitty teams (Crystal Palace, Porthsmouth etc.) Newcastle still had a 10 match unbeaten streak as long as Kluivert started.

lol; I was searching on "Kluivert" on this forum, but although his Newcastle-season wasn't exactly his best, I clearly remember that poll (NOT started by me) near the end in April/May 2005 in which over 90% of all voters preferred Kluivert to stay for another year... I remember that at a certain time while Newcastle was losing against really shitty teams (Crystal Palace, Porthsmouth etc.) Newcastle still had a 10 match unbeaten streak as long as Kluivert started.

Jesus wept, Jesus on a bicycle, etc etc

Guest GHoeberX

BTW the current PSV poll is at:

Should Kluivert get a contract extension? (346 votes)

74.3% Yes, sign him for 2007/2008

19.1% No, let him go off

6.6% Dunno yet

And he started with 50% no-voters (remember Kluivert was raised at Ajax; the biggest rival), but last 4 matches he ended up 3 times as Man of the Match with 2 goals and 3 assists. :cool:

19.1% No, let him go off

6.6% Dunno yet

And he started with 50% no-voters (remember Kluivert was raised at Ajax; the biggest rival), but last 4 matches he ended up 3 times as Man of the Match with 2 goals and 3 assists. :cool:

Is that your poll? So 74.3% wish he'd fuck the fuck off then?

Guest GHoeberX

19.1% No, let him go off

6.6% Dunno yet

Is that your poll? So 74.3% wish he'd F*** the F*** off then?

LOL :lol: :lol:

No it's a serious poll. I actually can be a very serious person, but you guys are making so many jokes (Newcastle-online is the funniest club-forum I know) that I don't make a lot of serious posts here either.

Kluivert and Bellamy were forming a brilliant partnership, then of course Souness made sure Shearer came back in the team when he shouldn't have done, then of course he fell out with Bellamy again and Kluivert decided he really couldn't be arsed. If SBR was still here I believe he would have been a success.