Ze Gozzip

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Inter Milan have opened talks over a £25m bid for West Ham striker Carlos Tevez. (Daily Express)

Newcastle midfielder Scott Parker could join West Ham in an £8m switch. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth will step up their bid to land Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe after fears they will miss out on Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka. (Various)

Teddy Sheringham, who has been released by West Ham, is wanted by Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls but Charlton are also chasing the striker. (The Sun)

Chelsea's Didier Drogba has hinted he could leave in the summer - if the right offer came in - but fellow forward Andriy Shevchenko has insisted he will be staying at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Express)

Tottenham's Hossam Ghaly wants a transfer after complaining that he is either left out of the side or played on the flank rather than in his favoured central midfield position. (Daily Express)

Birmingham are ready to make a shock bid for Newcastle defender Titus Bramble. (Daily Mirror)

New Wigan boss Chris Hutchings is lining up West Ham striker Marlon Harewood as his first signing in a £2.5m deal. (The Sun)

Fulham defender Zat Knight may move to Sunderland. (Various)

Midfielder Fabio Rochemback is set to snub Sporting Lisbon and Benfica and stay at Middlesbrough. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Neil Warnock is set to quit as manager of Sheffield United and will be replaced by his assistant Stuart McCall. (Various)

The Premier League has acted to defuse the row over irregularities in West Ham's signing of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, who is now at Liverpool, by sending a letter to all 20 Premiership clubs. (The Sun)

New Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce will not beg striker Michael Owen to stay and become part of his revolution at St James' Park. (The Sun)

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Jon Obi has said he is fit for Saturday's FA Cup final against Manchester United, despite limping off with an injury against Everton last weekend. (Daily Mirror)

AND FINALLY

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson and ex-Football Association chief executive Mark Palios have been invited to Saturday's FA Cup final between Chelsea and Manchester United. (Daily Express)

Guest nufc_geordie

To be honest I'm happy with all of those statements, Bramble out, £8 million for an ineffective PArker who we don't need, and Michael Owen getting one chance to say whether or not he is staying. Let's get down to business.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont really want to see Parker leaving but 8M for a player like Parker is difficult for me to resist.

i'd be ecstatic to get £8m for such an average player. that sort of money could go towards getting a Riquelme, a Diego or an Arteta, a cultured and productive midfielder to build our new side around.

To be honest I'm happy with all of those statements, Bramble out, £8 million for an ineffective PArker who we don't need, and Michael Owen getting one chance to say whether or not he is staying. Let's get down to business.

Sums it right up

8m for Parker is ridiculous - I'd love to know what the Hammers fans think of that! How reliable is this Daily Star? (And I ask that knowing it's a relative question - silly season + paper talk...)

Guest smoggeordie

Sums it right up

8m for Parker is ridiculous - I'd love to know what the Hammers fans think of that! How reliable is this Daily Star? (And I ask that knowing it's a relative question - silly season + paper talk...)

If it's in the Star that he's leaving then he'll probably sign a new 5 year contract tomorrow, put it that way.

Sums it right up

If it's in the Star that he's leaving then he'll probably sign a new 5 year contract tomorrow, put it that way.

:lol:

So on a par with tribal football then?

I think that playing under Allardyce, Parker will be more likely to be what he was like in his first season for us than last season, so I wouldnt really want to lose him. £8 Million is a lot though.

With Owen, we should be asking him to make his mind up sooner rather than later. He's got every right to leave if that's what's specified in his contract, but we don't want a situation where he leaves in the last week of August, and there's no time to replace him. He owes us that much.

Guest Bramble OG

i was on the west ham forum the other day and they were all hoping to sign Parker, saying he was a far better player than Reo-Cock

Guest Guinness

Bramble can go to whoever he likes as far as I'm concerned as long as he leaves. As for Parker, I'm a big fan on his and the squad already needs a lot of work doing on it without having to replace players unnecessarily. £8m is a decent enough fee, but Sam will have one hell of a job on if all the players being linked with moves away actually leave.

Been saying we'll get £9m for Parker all day for some time, WHU will pay the cash for him no doubt about it.  :thup:

Dyer, Duff & Emre will all fetch nice prices, i'd like to see the lot leave along with Owen.

Guest Saint Andy

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Birmingham are ready to make a shock bid for Newcastle defender Titus Bramble. (Daily Mirror)

what's actually shocking is that someone might bid for him.

I don't think Parker is half as bad as people like to make out these days but £8m is a hell of a lot of money, especially if we still have a chance of getting Sidwell.

Guest Guinness

I don't think Parker is half as bad as people like to make out these days but £8m is a hell of a lot of money, especially if we still have a chance of getting Sidwell.

Yeah, if we could get Sidwell as a replacement for free then it could be a good bit of business. Anyone know the situation regarding Sidwell, I thought he was set to sign for Chelsea on monday?

Yeah, if we could get Sidwell as a replacement for free then it could be a good bit of business. Anyone know the situation regarding Sidwell, I thought he was set to sign for Chelsea on monday?

Strange he was going to sign for GR of all people and now he's gone the club are not going for him, surely it would take two mins for us to get SA on the phone saying the deal stands and we want him?

Guess SA doesn't and has other plans then.

Guest NUFCnutter

I will personally drive Bramble to Birmingham today if they want him, free of charge, no petrol costs, nowt!

Medical that could record Simao's tbh.

Phil Brown could be the new assistant of NUFC.

Out of contract at Hull and could possibly leave.

Already said he won't be taking the assistant job unless their is a major breakdown in contract talks at Hull, which I very much doubt will happen.

Guest teepee

i agree - parker is a good player, and sam could be just the man to bring out the best in him - as he has done in speed so late in his career.

but 8m and sidwell as a free replacement may be too good to turn down....

alternatively gravesen is available on the cheap - could be a decent solution for two years

£8m for Parker is class, i'd sell him for that and sign a midfielder who actually does something.

Wonder if he'll still be captain (providing he stays).