Another one bites the dust (Warnock)

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Neil Warnock has reportedly resigned as Sheffield United boss - three days after relegation from the Premiership.

The 58-year-old is said to have ended his tenure at Bramall Lane after seven-and-a-half years in charge.

The former Notts County and Plymouth boss is thought to have been unhappy with the new £450,000-a-year deal he was offered after the club went down.

He was set to earn a £750,000-a-year deal before Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Wigan consigned them to the drop.

Warnock met with club officials on Tuesday, having indicated after that crunch defeat that he would take a number of days to consider his future.

Sheffield United will host a news conference at Bramall Lane at 1100 BST when Warnock is expected to confirm his decision to leave.

Warnock's assistant, Stuart McCall, is expected to take over in the Blades hot-seat.

Guest teepee

i hope he ends up managing sunderlands second string women.....

however, the sacking-rate this season is extreme isn't it...

Warnock has shot himself in the foot there imo, i like the guy simply for comical value, but he isn't a great choice as manager and could find it difficult to get another job offering £500k a year, he certainly wont get a EPL job unless he's very fuking lucky.

Warnock has shot himself in the foot there imo, i like the guy simply for comical value, but he isn't a great choice as manager and could find it difficult to get another job offering £500k a year, he certainly wont get a EPL job unless he's very fuking lucky.

I agree, I like him for the same reason. Exactly the same reason I like Mourinho, entertainment value.

a league full of Arsene Wengers would be so boring.

Not another fucking assistant :lol:

Stuart McCall as well, there are now two new managers from that appalling Bradford team that got relegated  a few years ago.

I think British football management standards are worse than they've ever been - we've got very lucky this time around.

Guest johnson293

Just saw some of the P.C. on SSN - Chairman claiming the stress of the West Ham situation in recent weeks has taken its toll on Warnock.  :uglystupid2:

Ah, so not the £300k drop in wages then?????

Warnock claims he wants to manage in the Premiership for another two seasons - who the hell would take him on, out of both current and promoted teams??

Guest Guinness

As has been said, I don't see anyone in the Prem taking Warnock, I think he'll find himself back in the Championship soon enough.

Guest henryb1

Warnock's assistant, Stuart McCall, is expected to take over in the Blades hot-seat.

:lol: Why do teams do this?

It never, ever, ever, ever works.

O'LEARY did ok at Leeds O0

For what it's worth (which is, let's be honest, practically zero I suppose) it looks like Bryan Robson, Bertie Bassett or Peter Monkey's-Heid will replace Warnock.

Blades Rule Out McCall Succession - Sky Sports

Blades rule out McCall succession

Sheffield United have ruled Stuart McCall out of the running to succeed Neil Warnock but have named Bryan Robson, Peter Reid and Dave Bassett as candidates.

United's plc chairman Kevin McCabe revealed Blades assistant McCall would be interviewed for the post vacated following Warnock's resignation on Wednesday.

However, club chairman Terry Robinson revealed McCall does not fit the criteria for The Blades' board, and neither does ex-Fulham boss Chris Coleman - another man touted for the role.

Robinson told United's official website: "Stuart has given good service to United and the last manager. He has gained good experience, and I'm sure that there will be interest in his services as a manager in the lower divisions. However, we didn't feel that he fulfilled all of the criteria in terms of experience at this stage. Stuart wanted another season in the Premiership and was bitterly disappointed, but I believe he has had offers already from several clubs.

"Chris Coleman is another that we have heard mentioned and, although he has good experience as a footballer and manager at the top level, he doesn't fit all of the criteria in terms of managing at Championship level. "

With neither McCall nor Coleman possessing the necessary experience for United, Robinson admits his club could look to an older head.

"People know that we are looking for experience, so people like Bryan Robson, Peter Reid and even Dave Bassett would fit the bill in many ways."

As has been said, I don't see anyone in the Prem taking Warnock, I think he'll find himself back in the Championship soon enough.

The only club he has a sniff at, at the moment is Citeh, but they are looking a bit higher profile.

Every other manager seems secure until the start of next season.

Guest Steven_MB

I can't think of another person that I would prefer to lose £300,000, really couldn't happen to a more angry, grouchy, old git.