Unofficial: Sam's top 3 targets for Newcastle.

Parky

Lareya Kingston, Kevin Nolan and Nicolas Anelka.

Sam has been tracking Kingston for over a year and was very keen to get him to Bolton. An aggressive left sided /CM no- nonsene midfielder with pace and determination is highly admired by SA. The Ghanian international is very much a SA type player. Also plays in the middle.

It is nailed on we will make an offer for Kevin Nolan in the summer. IMO would be a great addition.

Anelka is a world class forward and the first on the list in the event of the departure of Owen or Martins. Said to be wanting to move on and strong rumours of £10m offer on the table from Juventus. In the past Nicolas has shown a strong desire to play for Newcastle when he came back from Turkey and ended up at Bolton. Top player and Sam seems to have his ear.

Guest johnson293

Hmm, not convinced Bolton are just gonna sit back and let us start picking off some of their best backroom and playing staff, especially if we have indeed got Sam without paying any compensation.

If he does want people from there, I just hope we don't end up paying owa' the odds, just for the sake of getting them!

Nice, nice. Wouldn't object to any of them.

Funny how times can change, 3 weeks ago I'd have been depressed and dissapointed going after someone like Lareya Kingston, but now I'm optimistic Sam will make him into a decent player for the club. :D

I'd feel a bit guilty if we got anelka and nolan....would be quite harsh on bolton...no idea why i care or why i'd feel guilty but i'm sure i'd get over it as they are great players. Anelka only if owen leaves cause no point in having 3 mega star strikers who all wanna play.

Not heard of kingston tbh but whatever...

I feel very uneasy about Anelka. He seems to move club virtually every year and I don't think he is a particularly brilliant striker, certainly not worth any more than £9m.

£10m for Anelka. Hmm... honestly dunno.

Was 100% against signing him at the start of the season, but he's done very well for Bolton. But i just don't know.

He'll be wanting out after a season, as usual. Can't help but think it'd be yet another large sum of money that wasn't worth it.

Good player - but not worth that much.

Nolan, aye.

Know very little about Kingston.

I'm pretty sure we have agreed not to raid Bolton for their players, which is why things have been so amicable. We will be raiding them for a couple of their staff that Sam has to have with him and we will pay compensation for this but that will be it.

The only player we might bring in from Bolton will be Anelka because they were already willing to let him go and as long as we match the best offer they receive for him then we will get him if Owen/Martins go.

Nolan won't happen inmy opinion, especially as he is their captain! Instaed Sam WILL get in Sidwell (I can feel it in my waters). If by some miracle this doesn't happen we will probably see someone like Reo-Coker come in, who Sam was considering moving for while with Bolton. Reo-Coker would be great under someone like Sam, especially when out of London and away from all his knuckle head pals.

So, Anelka maybe ... but not Nolan, but instead Sidwell/Reo-Coker.

Just watched some of King Larry on youtube.

would like to see him DM or LB in england

King Larry is the most interesting one for me. Typical SA dossier and tracking system find, more or less unkown as well. SA written all over him.

Although, in my opinion - i think if we're going to get anyone from Bolton, it'll be Ben Haim. Think he's probably destined to follow Sam.

Think he's going to Chelsea mate. There was even talk of him signing a new deal. Would love him though. blueyes.gif

Although, in my opinion - i think if we're going to get anyone from Bolton, it'll be Ben Haim. Think he's probably destined to follow Sam.

Think he's going to Chelsea mate. There was even talk of him signing a new deal. Would love him though. blueyes.gif

Will Chelsea really be bothered now that it's the summer - surely they'll have bigger targets now? And yeah, i saw that about him possibly thinking of a new deal at Bolton, cos they're in Europe.

I dunno - if we sniff around i reckon he'd be tempted.

Yaya Toure i'd like to see us go for but he moved to Monaco i think.

Dude ... I LOVE Yaya Toure.

Would make my summer if we got him. I can't believe he moved to Monaco for £3.5 million without any premiership clubs stepping in.

Would love it. Would absolutely love it ...

Yaya Toure i'd like to see us go for but he moved to Monaco i think.

Dude ... I LOVE Yaya Toure.

Would make my summer if we got him. I can't believe he moved to Monaco for £3.5 million without any premiership clubs stepping in.

Would love it. Would absolutely love it ...

I dont hate Parker im 1 of his few fans on the message board but if we sold him for £8m i'd use that money to get Yaya. You'd think his brother would encourage him to come to the premiership.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think Nolan will be joining, unless he handed in a transfer request or expressed a desire himself to team back up with Sam here at United, although Anelka could be a possibility depending on the Owen situation as Bolton have more or less confirmed they would be willing to listen to offers for him, or to get their money back at least. I think Anelka was strictly a Big Sam signing anyway, someone to placate Sam's growing frustrations in the transfer market and someone who signed for Bolton on condition of Big Sam and not so much Bolton itself.

Guest teepee

i'd prefer owen and martins to anelka, but if one of them is to leave and the price isn't too high the big sulk may be an option

Guest Knightrider

Anelka is a superb team player (don't laugh), I'm not talking about work ethic or professionalism here, but his ability to bring others into the game, link up play and stretch teams with his pace and intelligence. He would be an excellent partner for either Owen or Martins I feel but given his reputation off the pitch and likely price tag I'd prefer it if he remained at the Reebok or joined another club and not United. That said I'd be more than happy with him like.