Roeder Appointed with a 2 year contract

Guest Hodgson09

Guest Hodgson09

from www.nufc.com

Announcement:

Waiting over

for Roeder

The announcement of Glenn Roeder's appointment has finally come as Freddy Shepherd has rewarded the caretaker manager for his remarkable turnaround of the club's fortunes.

Shepherd said about the appointment:

"In the end results are the most important thing in football and Glenn Roeder certainly did that for us. In fact managers stand and fall by results and you could say Glenn won the job."

"Glenn has done the job with dignity and decorum. He now has a two year contract and both of us are happy at that. I must say that Glenn Roeder was our captain and a great servant as a player and he has a great feel for this football club."

A year ago Glenn Roeder strode onto the pitch at St.James' Park to take a generous round of applause from a capacity crowd.

The occasion? Newcastle were entertaining Champions Chelsea in the final game of the season but Roeder's moment in the spotlight was as "half-time hero" and the acclaim came from those who hadn't shuffled off to the bogs or the bar for a beer or bovril.

Twelve months later, former Academy Manager Roeder, has been given the task of leading Newcastle United into Europe and to a serious trophy challenge, rather than grooming youngsters for someone else's first team.

It's an unlikely story and one that will hopefully have a happy ending.

Freddy Shepherd said this was the biggest decision in the club's history and the three and a half month deliberation process was seen as essential to ensure this club got back amongst the top four again.

Roeder deserves a place in the history of this club for what he managed to do last season and for his achievements as player and captain.

If he can follow in Joe Harvey's footsteps - another centre half and captain - and bring a trophy to the club then he will become a true Newcastle legend.

Guest Hodgson09

Oh ok. But where did they get the quotes from? Seems strange they are the only ones reporting it.

Guest nufc1984

2 years and Shearer will be in the hotseat then, regardless of how well Roeder does.

:roll:

Guest Hodgson09

Seems so, the first ones to get it from the fat ones mouth, Oliver won't be able to claim this exclusive.

Guest Stubbs

Glenn Roeders Black and White Army drunk2.gif :winking:

Oh man, we're gonna need a new chant now, that seriously doesn't go.

How about 'Cockney Pigeon's Black and White Army'

Or 'Shuffling Roeder's Black and Whit Army'

I give up!

How about changing the Shola Cokey to the Roeder Shuffle?

"You do the Roeder Shuffle and you turn around .... thats what its all about"

Guest TheOrder

I'm sure those quotes from Shepherd are a week or so old.

Apart from the two year contract ones mate.

Just been confirmed on SSN for 10.30am - that bloke's standing outside SJP in the cold again, saying how it's a popular choice with the fans, appointing Roeder - apparently you only have to look at the text comments section in the Ronny Gill to realise how popular this adopted Geordie boy is...no mention yet of contract term, but if anyone's thinking "babysitter" or "seat-warmer" I think you're probably right. Roeder's been hobbled for Shearer's return to management...  blueno.gif

Guest teepee

i'm sure that freddy wont be quoted on something he is revaealing on a press conference later on.... so it seems a bit strange.

i am, however, pretty sure that this appointment is going to happen....