Man City

NE5

Was great reading their comments on Teletext yesterday. We got the usual, "Why didn't Sam come to a big club rather than a team who's won nothing and who only got 13,000 in the 1980s blah blah".

Looks like Houllier, Koeman & van Gaal would sooner stay at smaller clubs than super dooper Citeh.

(no offence Spectrum because I like you as a poster ;))

Guest Knightrider

Given our record of being turned down by shite managers over the years, we can talk.

Guest gggg

Can't quite work out why the media think a club thats just sacked Stuart Pearce is going to attract all these top managers.

Can't quite work out why the media think a club thats just sacked Stuart Pearce is going to attract all these top managers.

Close to being taken over so the new boss will have trillions to spend?  :cheesy:

Guest gggg

Is that for certain?

Every club in the Premiership seems to be linked with a takeover every week.

Is that for certain?

There's nee stink without shite mate.

I dunno that's right mate, actually. Cos I can create a stink without having a shite.

Is that for certain?

I dunno that's right mate, actually. Cos I can create a stink without having a shite.

Ueugh! Care to expand Snowflake?  :lol:

Is that for certain?

So can I.

No shite without a stink would've been better.

Is that for certain?

So can I.

No shite without a stink would've been better.

Depends how quick you flush tbh... :rolleyes:

A lot of managers looking from a distance might think "10 home goals, Joey Barton " etc and think there's one hell of a job to do.  There probably is but an established manager with a 'name' to protect could be forgiven if they waited for another job with less hassle.

They're not the only managing fish in the sea though.  Personally, I'd like to see Citeh on the up.

Is that for certain?

There is a bit of a difference between being "linked with a takeover" and having a foriegn billionaire tour the ground and training facilities in his Helicopter on the day you do away with your manager...

And I'm not sure how many of these "top" managers turned us down.

Meanwhile, Koeman's representative, Gerrit Lagendijk, said: "We have spoken with two Premier League clubs in the last three weeks but not Manchester City.

"We repeat that Gerard Houllier will next year be the coach of Lyon, with whom he is under contract until June 2008," a statement on the club's website read.

Erik van Leeuwen, the press officer for Dutch side AZ, told BBC Sport: "Louis has just renewed his contract at AZ and he will not go to Manchester City.

Reading that it doesn't seem we've approached any of them, they're just distancing themselves from the speculation.

However, not sure what to make of this little bit:

On Tuesday, Ranieri told BBC Sport he was keen to return to the Premiership but had not been contacted by Manchester City.

Ranieri is still the absolute red-hot favourite everywhere, 3 alleged sightings on monday. I hope he's either lying to keep Parma sweet, or he means that City haven't contacted him but Shinawatra has. Cos he's definetly the man I want.

Is that for certain?

There's nee stink without s**** mate.

There is a bit of a difference between being "linked with a takeover" and having a foriegn billionaire tour the ground and training facilities in his Helicopter on the day you do away with your manager...

And I'm not sure how many of these "top" managers turned us down.

Meanwhile, Koeman's representative, Gerrit Lagendijk, said: "We have spoken with two Premier League clubs in the last three weeks but not Manchester City.

"We repeat that Gerard Houllier will next year be the coach of Lyon, with whom he is under contract until June 2008," a statement on the club's website read.

Erik van Leeuwen, the press officer for Dutch side AZ, told BBC Sport: "Louis has just renewed his contract at AZ and he will not go to Manchester City.

Reading that it doesn't seem we've approached any of them, they're just distancing themselves from the speculation.

However, not sure what to make of this little bit:

On Tuesday, Ranieri told BBC Sport he was keen to return to the Premiership but had not been contacted by Manchester City.

Ranieri is still the absolute red-hot favourite everywhere, 3 alleged sightings on monday. I hope he's either lying to keep Parma sweet, or he means that City haven't contacted him but Shinawatra has. Cos he's definetly the man I want.

Class post as always, mate.  I'd fuckin' love to see Citeh on the up and putting doubt in those red shirted cunts on the other side of town. 

Why would you want Ranieri?

Because he knows how to play decent football. And he has experience. And he's been sucessful almost everywhere. And he can spend money. And he's a quality geezer.

I agree completely.

Guest gggg

Why wouldnt you? Got to a Champions league semi with Chelsea something Moaninho's only just achieved 2 years later after spending 200m more, and Chelsea only finished second that season behind the unbeaten Arsenal side.

I've no doubts Ranieri would have won the league AND Champions League if he'd stayed with Chelsea and got them playing better football aswell.

Why wouldnt you? Got to a Champions league semi with Chelsea something Moaninho's only just achieved 2 years later after spending 200m more, and Chelsea only finished second that season behind the unbeaten Arsenal side.

I've no doubts Ranieri would have won the league AND Champions League if he'd stayed with Chelsea and got them playing better football aswell.

He blew the CL semi final with his "Tinkerman" bollocks, he also spent over £100 million that season on the likes of Duff, Parker, Johnson, Cole, Mutu etc. Add to that he was a complete flop at both A Madrid and in his second spell at Valencia, where he was left an excellent team put together by Benetiz, doing well to keep Parma from getting relegated but he's definitely a manager on the way down.

But whatever floats your boat.