My D key has come off

Guest Southern Geordie

Guest Southern Geordie

Yesterday my D key on my laptop was being a bit sensitive (no jokes bout it crying or what not :p) So I took it off.. All well and good... Reattached it.. All well and good..

But every now and again it just comes off randomly.. I've looked on the web how to reattach a key properly but it doesnt really help.. I'm a n00b when it comes to harware stuff!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

They all vary but in my experience they have like a collapsable table-type thing under the key. Like this: http://www.balikreasi.com/res/thumb/1-Balinese%20Furniture/1.01-Indoor/1.01.0050-Harrington%20round%20folding%20coffee%20table.jpg

I've never had a technique, just keep fannying about until it stays on properly.

Guest Southern Geordie

Well it stays on most of the time..But sometimes comes off so I have to whack it back in.. Can't really keep it there permanently which is annoying !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Southern Geordie

Yeha on my laptop.. One minute its on then I have to push it hard for it to stay on again.. for about 5 minutes then it's off again! No stability lol

Guest johnny tightlips

Mostly I've found you can just squeeze it back on but if its an IBM I think you're f*cked.  I worked for IBM and the letters were always dropping off the key board - each time the IT boys just put a new keyboard - apparently it was a well known problem