Does Newcastle have enough money to get quality players for so many positions?

Ericz

There are talks of signing so many players... but I really wonder...

1. Do we have so much money?

2. Every club is getting richer in EPL. hence sellers will expect more from us, there will be more competition

Ultimately, we seems to be severely lacking in: (of course, please correct me if i am wrong)

1. Center Backs (a big shortage of central defenders)

2. Full backs maybe?

3. Center midfield (we need some backups)

4. Forwards (Even if Owen does stay, we seems to need backups as well)

Well, the club shouldn't spend unnecessarily and make radical changes...

But i really wonder... is there enough money to make Newcastle a club going for European Glory next season?

Any takes on that, anybody?

Regards,

Ericz

Guest ramage316

If Big Sam can attract bosmans and get Bolton in the top six then we might not need as much money as you might think.

Ok, a few £4million plus signings or whatever but the rest will probably be experienced solid players that will have been identified already through his extensive scouting system. All this psychological testing makes it like a rigorous interview for a player before they are signed by Sam.

As from where the money is coming from, who knows.

Guest gggg

Considering you get 40 million just for finishing mid table next season I think half of that will be available, and considering Sam probably didn't even spend that much in his first 5 years at Bolton i think we're in safe hands.

My view is that with so many extremely wealthy people taking over Prem clubs, and with the absurd figures raised from the Sky contract, increasingly it will not be about who you can afford to buy, but who you can attract to the club in terms of who the manager is, what the set up is like throughout the club, how geared you are for success etc etc (as well as, obviously, how successful you currently are).

I'm using "you" in general terms here, btw, not Newcastle in particular.

Well you could get Ben Haim for free, Campbell for next to nothing, Baines for 4 million Id say and Hunt or Jagielka for 2 million so that's not a bad defence which is very possible.

:lol:

Baines for £4million, you have to be joking, you are going to be looking closer to £8million. Also the fact that you even want Hunt makes your post even more laughable.

Guest Morph

I think Sam will make the right purchases.  Really looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

Guest Knightrider

Rather we allocated big funds towards debt and allow Big Sam to work his magic wheeling and deeling and then hand him a massive warchest when we are able to spend such sums, I'm sure he'll understand and will be able to manage just as well on that basis for now. Still, at least if he does get money I can't see him wasting it like others and I'm certain he'll bring in players who will give us good value for money, regardless of what they cost. Win win almost :D

Well you could get Ben Haim for free, Campbell for next to nothing, Baines for 4 million Id say and Hunt or Jagielka for 2 million so that's not a bad defence which is very possible.

:lol:

Baines for £4million, you have to be joking, you are going to be looking closer to £8million. Also the fact that you even want Hunt makes your post even more laughable.

Unless he is talking Hunt from Reading, then I like his style.

I dont think he will cost too much more than £5m. He has been on the whole overlooked this season.

The biggest factor is that with the knowledge of the money that clubs will have, the selling clubs will inevitably pump up the prices, especially in Europe.

So could turn out to be an expensive summer, will be interesting to see how wisely clubs use the money.

Currently have a £20m overdraft, no sponsorship money due as we took it early to buy Owen, the extra Sky money comes at the end of next season as a reward for your finishing position, the Sky money received this year is £3m less than a year ago. Don't see us having much cash to play with in the summer                                      .

Guest stjamestoon

Campbell, Viduka and Sidwell, would be three good signings that wouldnt cost a penny! Apart from wages obviously!

Currently have a £20m overdraft, no sponsorship money due as we took it early to buy Owen, the extra Sky money comes at the end of next season as a reward for your finishing position, the Sky money received this year is £3m less than a year ago. Don't see us having much cash to play with in the summer                                      .

You reckon the bank won't kickin some more on the back of the football money next year?

Guest stjamestoon

We surely can bring in some money from the sales of say Luque, maybe N'zogbia seeing as he seems so unhappy.. Emre doesnt seem like he would want to stay??

You reckon the bank won't kickin some more on the back of the football money next year?

dunno. If they look back at how well the club has managed its money over the last few years it may be quite nervous about taking the overdraft any higher than £20m. Th eother potential downer woudl be a drop in season ticket sales. Even a 10% drop would mean £3m less cash in the bank, and the club having to borrow even more money just to pay the players through the season.

oh dear god. please no viduka, please.

I hear kovac (juventus) is looking for a club. that would be good signing.

Guest smoggeordie

oh dear god. please no viduka, please.

I hear kovac (juventus) is looking for a club. that would be good signing.

Why not Viduka?

dunno. If they look back at how well the club has managed its money over the last few years it may be quite nervous about taking the overdraft any higher than £20m. Th eother potential downer woudl be a drop in season ticket sales. Even a 10% drop would mean £3m less cash in the bank, and the club having to borrow even more money just to pay the players through the season.

There won't be a 10% drop in ticket sales, and i supsect that wages are going to be looking better soon too.