Does Newcastle have enough money to get quality players for so many positions?

Ericz

oh dear god. please no viduka, please.

I hear kovac (juventus) is looking for a club. that would be good signing.

only negative i can see about the guy is if

1- he started wanting to play for the national team again

2- he wanted mega high wages

3- he is comming from boro

other than that he has been emmence for them sinse xmas.

so a player we all slated for being fat and lazy has 4 good months, and sudenly he's the man for us?

he is old, slow and no motivations but money...

with martins or owen playing why would we need two players with massive ammounts of pace, we need some one who can grab a goal and has good awareness and reading of the game all of which he has and he isnt that old in terms of what SA usually goes for so would get 2-3 yrs from him

so a player we all slated for being fat and lazy has 4 good months, and sudenly he's the man for us?

when did I ever say I wanted him to play for us????????

all i said was that he has good qualities to be used as a player incase of injuries I would never class him as a starter for the first team week in week out, we have gaping holes in our squad if we can get an additional striker on the cheap then great and he is one of them you could class as a cheap 3rd striker. With his age in mind I wouldnt see him that bothered about spending time on the bench going out and buying a young hungry player would make him want to play well we already have 3 of those.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Campbell, Viduka and Sidwell, would be three good signings that wouldnt cost a penny! Apart from wages obviously!

So far we have:

Viduka

Sidwell

Tudor

Ben Haim

Trabelsi

All on frees, plus Campbell at a low fee (I'd hope), anyone else you can add that we could go for?

It doesn't have to be an expensive summer at all, especially with all the free transfers knocking about. It may just take a bit of wheeling and dealing - guess what, we've just employed the ideal man for the job.

How about this:

Owen goes for £11m

Parker goes for £8m

N'Zogbia goes for £5m

shoot Carr and Babayaro

Djibril Cisse for £5m

Sol Campbell for £2m

Giles Barnes for £5m

Eidur Gudjohnsen £7m

Wayne Bridge for £8m

Luke Young £3m

Viduka on a free

Distin on a free

J Lloyd Samuel on a free

Igor Tudor on a free

Piece of piss! Only £6m spent for a team of:

Given

Bridge

Taylor

Campbell

Young

Barnes

Butt

Milner

Gudjohnsen

Cisse

Martins

Viduka

Distin

Tudor

Samuel

Duff

Solano

Ameobi

Emre

There won't be a 10% drop in ticket sales, and i supsect that wages are going to be looking better soon too.

Wages went up this season despite losing Chopra, Bowyer, Shearer, Clark, Elliot, Faye and Boumsong and only bringing in Duff, Martins, Sibs and Bernard. Now we have a higher paid manager, and his huge backroom staff contingent.

It doesn't have to be an expensive summer at all, especially with all the free transfers knocking about. It may just take a bit of wheeling and dealing - guess what, we've just employed the ideal man for the job.

How about this:

Owen goes for £11m

Parker goes for £8m

N'Zogbia goes for £5m

shoot Carr and Babayaro

Djibril Cisse for £5m

Sol Campbell for £2m

Giles Barnes for £5m

Eidur Gudjohnsen £7m

Wayne Bridge for £8m

Luke Young £3m

Viduka on a free

Distin on a free

J Lloyd Samuel on a free

Igor Tudor on a free

Given

Bridge

Taylor

Campbell

Young

Barnes

Butt

Milner

Gudjohnsen

Cisse

Martins

Viduka

Distin

Tudor

Samuel

Duff

Solano

Ameobi

Emre

Add on the loyalty payments for those being shipped out not having asked for a transfer and signing on fees for those being brought in.  Debateable whether you would get much change out of £15m.  Owen alone on his salary would probably be looking at £3m.

How about this:

Owen goes for £11m

Parker goes for £8m

N'Zogbia goes for £5m

shoot Carr and Babayaro

Djibril Cisse for £5m

Sol Campbell for £2m

Giles Barnes for £5m

Eidur Gudjohnsen £7m

Wayne Bridge for £8m

Luke Young £3m

Viduka on a free

Distin on a free

J Lloyd Samuel on a free

Igor Tudor on a free

Given

Bridge

Taylor

Campbell

Young

Barnes

Butt

Milner

Gudjohnsen

Cisse

Martins

Viduka

Distin

Tudor

Samuel

Duff

Solano

Ameobi

Emre

Add on the loyalty payments for those being shipped out not having asked for a transfer and signing on fees for those being brought in.  Debateable whether you would get much change out of £15m.  Owen alone on his salary would probably be looking at £3m.

Cisse!111 :o

Guest banfield.fc

sorry if it's not quite right, but here's what i think

Newcastle needs SPIRIT, newcastle needs someone who, far beyond the money feels something for the black and white stripes and will die in the field if its necessary. Newcastle does't need $4000 000 million star-like-fashion players that say all the time how good they are, and change the haircut every week...

many times those players don't guarantee many things, many times unknown, "cheap" players have many qualities "top" players could never get.

Newcastle needs players which are born winners. players with whom you can win a championship, or a cup-

I'm not sure if you do, but, what abour newcastle inferior divisions? that's the key of it...you do not need to spend millions and millions of pounds in players which are only interested in making money, when you got 17 year old kids who will pay to just play a few minutes with newcastle's shirt...

NUFC are re-securitising the stadium and future ticket sales which is to release a significant amount of cash.  The last time they did this was when they bought Shearer and according to the person I talked to, there is to be a large amount of funds to be made available to the manager, more than has been available in the last few years.